A very, very confused F train

MHV9218

I've never seen straphangers more confused than on this train. I had to convince the people I was with to trust that it was an (F) by the fact than an R46 wouldn't fit on the (M) route, but others weren't getting on the train. The C/R kept announcing "This train is extremely crowded and extremely late. Please wait for the next train" at the stations, and each time he said it was an (F) a dozen people would run off the train, confused. Total mess. Definitely the first time I've seen the (K) bullet as an end rollsign in ages, too. 

Outside the train: 

MLS_5377_zps128c7e7e.jpg

MLS_5366_zps17c44606.jpg

MLS_5365_zps2c572278.jpg

Inside:

IMG_3851_zps451729a3.jpg

IMG_3850_zps9e191753.jpg

All for now, have a good one fellas!

My moles tell me unauthorized personnel in the last car fiddling with the sign box putting in un-authorized codes...............and of course since he had a key to get in he changed the route from F to K.  TSS responded to the train enroute, but no word if the culprit was noticed.

I've actually seen a youtube video of someone actually demonstrating this which was since taken down as thats obviously illegal. So I know exactly what you mean as a commuter on my end.

This was on a R44 or R46 I believe it was hard to tell, but definitely a space age tech 8 car 75' footer set.

Thanks for the comments everybody, appreciate it!

My moles tell me unauthorized personnel in the last car fiddling with the sign box putting in un-authorized codes...............and of course since he had a key to get in he changed the route from F to K.  TSS responded to the train enroute, but no word if the culprit was noticed.

This adds up--the only sign on the entire train for the F was the front sign, which was only changeable from within the manned cab. 

Usually, I find kids messing with rollsigns a single rollsign on, say, an R32, to be stupid and annoying. But in each case there's another rollsign right next to the affected one. This was far worse, as there was zero identification for the line in 7/8 cars of the train. 

Yup that would make the most sense. Idiot kid railfans these days, and you know they take pictures of their handiwork too (i'm not referring to MHV, i'm referring to whoever messed up the signs)...It's like worldstar but for retards

Yup that would make the most sense. Idiot kid railfans these days, and you know they take pictures of their handiwork too (i'm not referring to MHV, i'm referring to whoever messed up the signs)...It's like worldstar but for retards

I could care less who is reading this but these delinquents are screwing it up for the rest of us transit enthusiasts and photographers who actually do abide by the friggin MTA rules of conduct. These fools need to stop the crap with the vandalizing of the damn trains! Because when the MTA gets tired of this nonsense finally and try to push for a photo ban again the results are not going to be pretty.

Is part of the "story" justifying this?

This was a pure case of vandalism and interfering with the operation of the train.

Pretty much. I agree 100% with both of you guys. These vandals, do they lack common sense or what? They really need to stop sniffing off the airplane glue and get a clue..

Archived