Google's Little Gift

MHV9218

So Google went and dropped the new time machine feature on Street View...talk about a throwback! Every block in the city, back in time. Some phenomenal transit goodies to be found. Here's one:

ScreenShot2014-04-29at91747PM_zps581ed8b

Closer in:

ScreenShot2014-04-29at92232PM_zpsf22721e

And even longer ago:

ScreenShot2014-04-29at92207PM_zps2c21a48

Google Earth has had Street View for many years now. On the tolls on the way to the Rockaways, #740 on the Q52 can be seen heading up. Many CNGs and 6## Orions linger around Flushing, and up until some months ago Jamaica and Baisley had some old RTS.

Pretty damn brilliant find on your part, I would have never thought of that!

Thank you sir!

Google Earth has had Street View for many years now. On the tolls on the way to the Rockaways, #740 on the Q52 can be seen heading up. Many CNGs and 6## Orions linger around Flushing, and up until some months ago Jamaica and Baisley had some old RTS.

I know they've had Street View lol, but they rolled out a new feature that allows you to choose which Street View archive you'd like to look at. Whereas they used to periodically update the images every year or so, you can now choose which year you'd like to look at back until 2007.

Thank you sir!

I know they've had Street View lol, but they rolled out a new feature that allows you to choose which Street View archive you'd like to look at. Whereas they used to periodically update the images every year or so, you can now choose which year you'd like to look at back until 2007.

Oh, I didn't read that correctly. Just thought that Street View in general was a throwback machine unto itself. Better start checking out some stuff then.

dumb question how do you see this on google maps?

When you're on Google Maps, click on a location and if "Street View" shows up, click on that option and you'll be in that mode.

If you don't see a clock on the left hand-ish side, you don't have the time machine option yet.

Archived