Rainy mood

NYtransit

Some kick-ass photos right there. The 2nd-to-last shot is my favorite. The highest ISO I can go is 6400. What shutter speed did you have?

Some shots the ISO ranged from ISO 8,000-10,000. I can crank it even higher to about 25,600 but it would be too grainy at that point.  Shutted speed was 1/125

@seveneleven: Thanks! 

Excellent!Would love to see you do the (R) or buses(XcelsiorBoii must be clapping right now)

I do need to do other lines, I just cant enough of those R188's. Been waiting forever for a NTT to hit my line. 

@everyone else, THank you guys!

The pictures look grainy cause I had to bump up the ISO to keep the train looking still in the shoot. Shot over ISO 8000 here!

Eh, who's going to be pixel-peeping anyway? It's the image as a whole that counts. Plus, grain is inevitable when shooting moving objects in low light with small apertures - and it galso ives a film-like look to it. Loving the night shots, by the way.

ISO?

Its a fundamental part of a camera. Along with the aperture and shutter speed, they are what all digital cameras need to take a properly exposed picture. From my understanding ISO is a measure of the sensor's sensitivity to light; increasing it will brighten up the image at the expense of unwanted artifacts on the picture such as grain and chroma noise. ISO ranges could be somewhere from 50 to (as far as I know) 409,600, inclusive; actual ranges vary depending on camera. NYtransit's camera has a range of 50 - 102,400, while on an iPhone it is between 64 - 800.

Archived