5234 With Hanover LED Signage

Cait Sith

Are more MJQ buses getting the Hanover LEDs? Or is this just something special for 5234? :P

5220-5249 from Quill will eventually get them.

What the purpose of changing the signs on that old RTS? I really wish they would show up in Queena Depots like QV and JA.

To replace the TwinVision signs in 5220-5249 and the UP batch that has them as they freeze and screw up a lot.

What the purpose of changing the signs on that old RTS? I really wish they would show up in Queena Depots like QV and JA.

MJQ still needs RTSes to run on the M66 and M72 (along with an occasional RTS on the M8, M9, M21, M22, etc), and replacing these signs would be a huge relief to people who have bad eyesight. I have 20/20 and it is still sometimes hard for me to see what bus is arriving until it gets within a block or half a block away. With the Orions though, its very easy for me to see which bus is which. The sign upgrades should make the signs much more readable.

Something a bit off topic though: When the RTSes have to retire, does anyone know which buses will be used to replace them at MJQ? I remember hearing that Orions can't run on the M66/M72 because of the height clearance in the Central Park transverse.

MJQ still needs RTSes to run on the M66 and M72 (along with an occasional RTS on the M8, M9, M21, M22, etc), and replacing these signs would be a huge relief to people who have bad eyesight. I have 20/20 and it is still sometimes hard for me to see what bus is arriving until it gets within a block or half a block away. With the Orions though, its very easy for me to see which bus is which. The sign upgrades should make the signs much more readable.

Something a bit off topic though: When the RTSes have to retire, does anyone know which buses will be used to replace them at MJQ? I remember hearing that Orions can't run on the M66/M72 because of the height clearance in the Central Park transverse.

The thing is, the hybrids can run through the transverse. They are worried about the hybrids swaying and the batteries getting damaged by being scraped against the walls of the transverse/bridge.

Archived