B44 +Select Bus Service+ : Coming to you live from Brooklyn

realizm

Kind of grainy, but otherwise, not bad.

Yeah it was definitely the foggy conditions that threw the camera off. Couldnt figure it out at first as I never saw this problem with the subway pics I took earlier this week on the late PM (clear nightly skies). Probably the ISO was set incorrectly (I think).

And thanks everyone for the comments!

Very good shots! :D

Thanks dude!

That fog is ridiculous, makes every photo look wild. 5351 in particular came out great. Good stuff.

Man tell me about it. The fog was so thick I can slice it with a knife like warm butter. I mean it was fogging up the lens even, I had to detatch the lens from the T3i several times to let it air out, and clean it with lens cleaner.

Musing on it I think the mistake was the ISO setting (making the photos too grainy), since the lighting should be correct switching between tunsgen light and daylight on vivid on the Canon DSLR. I had it too high, should had keep it at 800 instead of 1200 or higher for usual bus pics under clear day/night enviorments or like I would in the subways in cases where the station lighting was poor. In which case same deal keeping it on 800-1200 and florescent light lighting settings to compensate for dark light enviorments. Live and learn right?

Thanks for the feedback bro. I'll have to say one more thing though, the experienced B/Os, they were cruising like nothing in the intense fog through dark streets, I was impressed. Definitely going to hit Flatbush again, that was one fun night bus spotting.

Archived