Lost In Manhattan: Take 1

realizm

Great ones! Some are quite zoomed in, but nevertheless, you take nice shots!

Outstanding pics!

WOW

Nice! The X27 pic at Union Square looks cool.

Your being "lost" is our gain.  Thanks for the great photos!

Thanks ppl. On the night photos, this was the first time I was extensively taking bus pics and the general scene @ Times Square at night. I'm amazed with the camera's capabilities. Now if only I can get a corrector lens ...........

Thanks ppl. On the night photos, this was the first time I was extensively taking bus pics and the general scene @ Times Square at night. I'm amazed with the camera's capabilities. Now if only I can get a corrector lens ...........

A corrector lens? What for?

A corrector lens? What for?

I'm having problems taking pics from distances on the zoom, a drawback with DSLR cameras where the user has to switch lenses for the effect the photographer wants, I was told. There is a zoom function on my camera but it only goes as far as 50x, hence the need for the additional lens.

What do you mean by problems? Is the image foggy or out of focus?

As for an additional lens, a new lens or a "corrector lens"? Those are two very different things. I assume your camera came with an 18-55mm kit lens, right? If you need zoom capability, you can buy a 55-200mm for a cheap addition, only you'll have to swap it on and off. Or, you can do what I do (and many others do) and use a single lens capable of a wide angle and telephoto (zoom) -- that would mean buying an 18-200mm. You could do that through Canon, or use Sigma (my lens) or Tamron for a budget alternative. I roll with a Sigma 18-200mm, a Nikkor 35mm 1.8, a Sigma 18-50mm 2.8, and a Nikkor 18-55mm.

What do you mean by problems? Is the image foggy or out of focus?

As for an additional lens, a new lens or a "corrector lens"? Those are two very different things. I assume your camera came with an 18-55mm kit lens, right? If you need zoom capability, you can buy a 55-200mm for a cheap addition, only you'll have to swap it on and off. Or, you can do what I do (and many others do) and use a single lens capable of a wide angle and telephoto (zoom) -- that would mean buying an 18-200mm. You could do that through Canon, or use Sigma (my lens) or Tamron for a budget alternative. I roll with a Sigma 18-200mm, a Nikkor 35mm 1.8, a Sigma 18-50mm 2.8, and a Nikkor 18-55mm.

OK I'm going to research this later and see how this hurts my bank account then lol.

On the zoom yeah out of focus, that's the problem

OK I'm going to research this later and see how this hurts my bank account then lol.

On the zoom yeah out of focus, that's the problem

Well to give you a few round figures, if you're buying new, a 55-200 should run you no more than $200, and an 18-200 should run you no more than $400, but it'll be a higher quality glass and a whole lot more convenient. 

OK might have to order it online for savings after I can roll out my loans for tuitions since I'm paying rent and utilities at my place as well as internet, cable and wireless when I'm accessing the site away from home, say when at work providing IT consultation services.

I  figured so, shit.........

Whatever you can do, it's a pricey hobby! I haven't bought a new lens in years, just costs a lot of money. I tend to make it a rule of thumb to not spend more on my gear than I get paid for things I use it for (shooting events, YouTube, etc.). I always order online as well, often some pretty decent deals on there. 

Whatever you can do, it's a pricey hobby! I haven't bought a new lens in years, just costs a lot of money. I tend to make it a rule of thumb to not spend more on my gear than I get paid for things I use it for (shooting events, YouTube, etc.). I always order online as well, often some pretty decent deals on there. 

Yeah pretty much, I'm learning that the hard way lol. Thanks for the purchasing tips. +1.

Marvelous!

Very great to see you get into photography! Nice photos! :)

Thanks guys.

Archived