New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

These things happen, some drivers out here driving are one incident away from a situation like this. 

And i heard the union is trying to fight for him cause supposedly they say he was canned

Edited by BreeddekalbL

On 8/17/2024 at 3:23 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

And i heard the union is trying to fight for him cause supposedly they say he was canned

Tape don't lie. It's on camera and I know there's a heavy investigation.

Apparently this has gone viral. I've got hold of the clip on Instagram from someone that's not from Jersey.

I can only imagine the shi some of these bus operators, light rail engineer and train conductors would have to deal with from no common sense people during "Fare Holiday" and the day after the free fare ends. By the way, people better start paying their fare at 12am on September 3rd...no excuses

On 8/19/2024 at 7:06 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

Oh and BTW free that bus driver

Facts! If he spit on that bus the driver would have never reacted as such. This was built up from the bs we put up with. Njt is known to contact media to put blame on the driver pretending to be a concerned citizen. I’ve had people spit on the bus and I put it out of service for bodily fluids. That man spit on him and njt refuses to hold these passengers accountable for their actions. 

1 hour ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Facts! If he spit on that bus the driver would have never reacted as such. This was built up from the bs we put up with. Njt is known to contact media to put blame on the driver pretending to be a concerned citizen. I’ve had people spit on the bus and I put it out of service for bodily fluids. That man spit on him and njt refuses to hold these passengers accountable for their actions. 

Quick question btw is there a camera over the driver area?

2 hours ago, Silver Script said:

Now I'm seeing destination signs on the 1 line (going to Penn Station only) show "1 PENN STA" yesterday and more today. So weird for them to take away the "Tion" part.

Is NJT getting even more lazier?

2 hours ago, Silver Script said:

Now I'm seeing destination signs on the 1 line (going to Penn Station only) show "1 PENN STA" yesterday and more today. So weird for them to take away the "Tion" part.

Lol..... They''re truncating letters from the #1, but the Woodbridge Mall bound #48 has a whole dissertation for a destination sign :lol:

13 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Lol..... They''re truncating letters from the #1, but the Woodbridge Mall bound #48 has a whole dissertation for a destination sign :lol:

I also noticed that new type of sign on a 31 bus yesterday

8 hours ago, FlashThunder said:

166T Turnpike Express to Leonia only says "TPKE EXP" in two lines. Whoever is doing this needs to be stopped :angry:

No Matter The Cost

Optimus Prime

Transformers The Movie 1986

56 minutes ago, JAzumah said:

Is the font larger? That might be driving the change.

Nope, it still has the same font. Which made me think whether the destination sign was broken.

Also spotted 165 with N Hackensack in two lines, instead of the usual North Hackensack in two lines and 155 with Teaneck Exp, instead of Teaneck Express

Someone in NJT must be bored

On 8/21/2024 at 12:20 AM, BreeddekalbL said:

Quick question btw is there a camera over the driver area?

Not in the Nabis. Only the drive cam footage. The camera over the on the right, 99% of the time doesn’t work. And if it does the footage that is there the outside cover has dust on it.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

On 8/21/2024 at 2:20 PM, FlashThunder said:

166T Turnpike Express to Leonia only says "TPKE EXP" in two lines. Whoever is doing this needs to be stopped :angry:

4 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

the 88 says N Bergen...

this is getting ridiculous....

Idk if to post this here or not but why not. I passed by Academy Bus HQ (not the yard) and I noticed 8 Proterra buses from Newark Airport stored back there. The last time I saw equipment stored there at all it was to be sold so idk 

Edited by go25

On 7/14/2024 at 9:07 AM, 553 Bridgeton said:

In South Jersey, 551 & 554 will be moved to Egg Harbor, leaving only combos and trippers at Washington Twp. 

Is there a date for when this goes into effect?

Also, Meadowlands now operates some 158 trips and Wayne no longer operates the 355. It's just Meadowlands & Ironbound that split it now.

Edited by SP13

On 8/21/2024 at 11:38 AM, go25 said:

Is NJT getting even more lazier?

I had to get NJT to change its 190 head sign format of trips going to Union City and hourly trips of New York via Delawanna and Passaic Ave via Union City. Few months back I saw them changed the head sign of them having it, "190D New York Local UC via Delawanna and Passaic Ave". Why on earth would you bunch up together the whole sign into one heading? I told them people don't know what "UC" stands for? Yeah, some very smart riders would know "UC" means Union City.  Some may think means Union County College. Of course the majority want know what that means and ask the driver if the bus goes to Union City or the passenger will just stand there at the stop letting the bus pass them by because he or she don't see " Union City". 

After reading my complaint they've changed it to:

190 New York Local  via

Union City

190D New York Local, Union City

Via Delawanna & Passaic Ave

Of course some drivers have chosen to use the old destination of, "190 New York via SECAUCUS.

I agree though. What is up with the laziness of whomever is programming these signs into short abbreviations and thin fonts, sheesh🤦🏾‍♂️

53 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

In response to increased ridership during fare free week NJT is scrambling to find drivers to cover certain portions of the 319 due to crowding conditions. They’re running extra service between T/M & A/C or A/C to NY.

When you create a monster you have to expect the worst. I was called to help and I said no. I’m not dealing with that line. What are they going to do on the 3rd when all those people go up and down on the 2nd and have amnesia on the 3rd.