The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

44 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

No problem. Just wanted to clarify something. I’ve been around for many years and seen many different things. Great instructors and coworkers in my personal experience in RTO. BTW I was in Station Department before I started working in RTO. Carry on.

Thanks man. Being T/O is my dream job. I hope I pass schoolcar, I love MTA. Thanks for your service sir

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/19/2024 at 9:10 AM, beanz said:

The sooner people realize that we work with 95 percent absolute idiots then the less these stories will surprise you. Just go into any transit Facebook group and read what people are posting and you will see. You have new morons and old morons and the old morons got away with shit back in the day and are still here so they pontificating to the younger ones now. It makes me sound like an a**hole I know but I don't care. The "smartest" conversation I've ever overheard down here is 4 Rhodes scholars discussing how 5G gives you covid. 

System safety gets a bad rap but if people were out here doing shit the right way they wouldn't catch people so easy. 

Some of our coworkers are in another dimension..

The sad thing is the new ones who dont know are telling the newer ones and they are listening.

That's because the idea is us "old heads" dont know anything...

They have all the answers and its always TAs fault....

My classic comeback is this..

"Tell me where you can make close 40 bucks a hour to start with a high school diploma without serious or long duration training in the New York Area?"

I get Police Firefighters all kinds of replies...

I ask again "Do they make over 40 bucks or close to a hr to start yes or no?"

I haven't gotten a reply back...

So, as a general reminder... If you happen to get on the wrong train and depart the terminal, transit has a "you take it, it's yours" policy.

This includes if you take a train on the wrong line, which an employee experienced today (Not anyone here to my knowledge...) you just have to go where the train is supposed to go, not where you're supposed to. 

36 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

So, as a general reminder... If you happen to get on the wrong train and depart the terminal, transit has a "you take it, it's yours" policy.

This includes if you take a train on the wrong line, which an employee experienced today (Not anyone here to my knowledge...) you just have to go where the train is supposed to go, not where you're supposed to. 

hoo boy the incidents just keep on comin dont they