The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

On 7/12/2024 at 10:21 AM, Kamen Rider said:

Now if they’d just remind the cleaners than…

less phone time, more sweep time, thank you very much…

I had to chase one of them down because I discovered quite a mess on my train the other day… and they were standing there on thier phones.

At 179 cleaners are on point they are on the southbound Platform you tell em they take care of it normally a Switch person would see something in the relay and let them know.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/12/2024 at 10:33 PM, goliver28 said:

I’m not surprised. I could swear I witness some of them not even get up when a train comes in.

That wont wash at 179... 

A train goes down the road dirty with cleaners on the platform there's issues..

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a question I’m 6 weeks in and we took our 1st yard practical I passed the train part cutting and adding but unfortunately I messed up on reason the iron part

does anyone know if the superintendent doing the re-do will make me do the whole thing over or just the reading the iron part?

thank you 

1 hour ago, Trainguy101 said:

Hello,

I have a question I’m 6 weeks in and we took our 1st yard practical I passed the train part cutting and adding but unfortunately I messed up on reason the iron part

does anyone know if the superintendent doing the re-do will make me do the whole thing over or just the reading the iron part?

thank you 

It depends on the supt but if it was me, I'd make you do the whole thing over again. Reading the iron is a very basic and integral part of train operation especially in the yard. If you can't read the iron that's a recipe for disaster when you are out YX working exclusively in yards and switching. I would like to see you do the whole thing and make sure reading the iron isn't the only defiency.

9 hours ago, Trainguy101 said:

Hello,

thank you 

You doing the whole practical again...

If the Supt wasn't looking over your shoulder then they most likely will now...

Reading that iron is TO 101 if one cannot read the iron it could lead to issues.

You should be ok you got this far, just relax and go for it good luck!

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Moody said:

Hi everyone.

When you get called for school car does the instructor give you an itinerary? And does it change day to day ? 

you are given a schedule as to what to expect for the next few months (2 for conductor 6 for t/o) and for the most part they stick to it but shit happens so if something has to change they will notify you