Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I had the B103 come from this Canarsie depot its terminal wasn't too far. Another reason why was a certain member said, "no depot owns a route" (I was thinking of the Q32 and and the pending merger between NYCT and MTAB). I'm still scratching my head on why SC is a Queens division depot, not a Brooklyn division depot. And please somebody put the B7 back to FLA or ENY. Anyway, I'm feeling this B80 idea. 

Yeah, I've been critical of a Bay Ridge - JFK route & have said that a (second) JFK route should run no further west than Midwood/Madison/whatever commercial Kings Hwy. (by the brighton line) is considered.... Those 2 (Future FLA & Lara8710) came up with an actual routing for such a service; something I never bothered to do because to be quite honest, I don't have a second Brooklyn-LGA route as a priority in the grand scheme of things (when it comes to what needs to be fixed when it comes to the bus network in this borough).... Which goes back to the whole Bay Ridge-JFK thing.... Which is why I've been quiet this whole time about that route of theirs; it boils down to indifference.....

Have it come down to a "gun to my head" decision though, I will say that I'd incorporate their "B80" over any extension of the B35 to JFK (BrooklynBus).....

Edited by B35 via Church

The running time for this route will be very smooth when it's implemented, and with the right marketing of the B80LTD/SBS to JFK via Midwood, Flatlands, Canarsie and East New York there are options available for those who want a 1 seat ride to the airport.

.... for another post is to implement a NEW South Brooklyn route to Kings Plaza. Although South Brooklyn is plagued with traffic problems. Putting a route along 65th street, Avenue P and other wide intersections in Brooklyn to Kings Plaza would be best fesable than ones suggested for JFK.

..... What I find constructing this Brooklyn Transportation grid is that it can be tough at times. Not just only to find the right routes for connection, but also understanding navigation in Brooklyn these days is really difficult, and making things easier is not so easy.

Kings Plaza is already at capacity, so I instead chose to utilize a B31 extension to Shore Road and Mackay Place via Bay Ridge Avenue and 70th Street west of Bay Parkway rather than running it straight on 65th Street. 65th Street lies too close to the (N) train and the B9 bus four blocks to the north. Also, routing it on Bay Ridge Avenue eastbound and 70th Street westbound means the bus can readily serve the (D) train at the 71st Street station.

Kings Plaza is already at capacity, so I instead chose to utilize a B31 extension to Shore Road and Mackay Place via Bay Ridge Avenue and 70th Street west of Bay Parkway rather than running it straight on 65th Street. 65th Street lies too close to the (N) train and the B9 bus four blocks to the north. Also, routing it on Bay Ridge Avenue eastbound and 70th Street westbound means the bus can readily serve the (D) train at the 71st Street station.

65th is a much better routing for this bus that Bay Ridge Av and 70th Street, two one way residential streets with massive double parking problems...

Yeah, I've been critical of a Bay Ridge - JFK route & have said that a (second) JFK route should run no further west than Midwood/Madison/whatever commercial Kings Hwy. (by the brighton line) is considered.... Those 2 (Future FLA & Lara8710) came up with an actual routing for such a service; something I never bothered to do because to be quite honest, I don't have a second Brooklyn-LGA route as a priority in the grand scheme of things (when it comes to what needs to be fixed when it comes to the bus network in this borough).... Which goes back to the whole Bay Ridge-JFK thing.... Which is why I've been quiet this whole time about that route of theirs; it boils down to indifference.....

Have it come down to a "gun to my head" decision though, I will say that I'd incorporate their "B80" over any extension of the B35 to JFK (BrooklynBus).....

.. The LGA to Brooklyn bus route is a bit difficult to come by just simply because of traffic issues.

Also, the Brooklyn Transportation grid is a bit confusing and complex to the point you can't really pull anything for LGA.

The transportation network is a bit better for JFK.

Plus. areas like Midwood, Canarsie, and East New York can use an efficient 1 seat ride to JFK.  Right now in the current climate of things it's a bit easier to build the Brooklyn transportation network from Midwood up to East New York only due to traffic. I remember mentioning a South Brooklyn bus network to Kings Plaza.. I understand the claustrophobic of buses within the Flatbush depot of the B41 and B46 serves KP.. However, these buses don't share a bus lane.. 

What I've should of mentioned earlier this (Sunday) was that this South Brooklyn to Kings Plaza bus was to end on Avenue U right by the B47 and B3 bus stops with a possible extension to Bergen Beach- East 74th Street and Avenue U. Where the current B3 terminates.

If you extend the B31, than the bus route would possibly belong to Ulmer Park or Jackie Gleason.

It's very RARE you see a FB depot bus working in Bay Ridge. Now that you have the B1 working a mis-management route heading into Brooklyn from Staten Island, and its by FLATBUSH according to the grapevine.

.. The LGA to Brooklyn bus route is a bit difficult to come by just simply because of traffic issues.

Also, the Brooklyn Transportation grid is a bit confusing and complex to the point you can't really pull anything for LGA.

The transportation network is a bit better for JFK.

Plus. areas like Midwood, Canarsie, and East New York can use an efficient 1 seat ride to JFK. Right now in the current climate of things it's a bit easier to build the Brooklyn transportation network from Midwood up to East New York only due to traffic. I remember mentioning a South Brooklyn bus network to Kings Plaza.. I understand the claustrophobic of buses within the Flatbush depot of the B41 and B46 serves KP.. However, these buses don't share a bus lane..

What I've should of mentioned earlier this (Sunday) was that this South Brooklyn to Kings Plaza bus was to end on Avenue U right by the B47 and B3 bus stops with a possible extension to Bergen Beach- East 74th Street and Avenue U. Where the current B3 terminates.

If you extend the B31, than the bus route would possibly belong to Ulmer Park or Jackie Gleason.

It's very RARE you see a FB depot bus working in Bay Ridge. Now that you have the B1 working a mis-management route heading into Brooklyn from Staten Island, and its by FLATBUSH according to the grapevine.

I would suggest Ulmer Park; Jackie Gleason already has too many bus routes to accommodate another one.

I would suggest Ulmer Park; Jackie Gleason already has too many bus routes to accommodate another one.

Same here with Ulmer Park or I would keep it with current Flatbush due to Ulmer Park's space as they operate express buses.

Whether we like it or not but the Brooklyn Transporation network is pretty much in trouble

Same here with Ulmer Park or I would keep it with current Flatbush due to Ulmer Park's space as they operate express buses.

Whether we like it or not but the Brooklyn Transporation network is pretty much in trouble

Which means these bus routes need a new Canarsie Depot near the East 105th St (L) station:

B6, B8, B17, B42, B60, B80*, B82*

*routes with artics

Excuse me, but I do not remember what your objections were to my proposed extension of the B35 to JFK. What I proposed was that buses starting at McDonald be extended to JFK by turning from Church onto Linden at East 94 Street and only make two more stops. One at Cross Bay and one at JFK.

I appreciate the large amount of interest in extending routes and creating new bus routes in Brooklyn but the issue remains where is the space to put the buses that will run on the new or extended routes?

This is the reason I say count me as a supporter of the Canarsie Depot for a lot of reasons with the best one being its location in an industrial area away from the complainers. Anywhere in most of Brooklyn with the exception of the pier area in the 40's and 50's a project such as this would bring out the litigators in full force who will tie up the project for eons. There is no question that another depot is needed as there is virtually no space in the other depots at this time. 

Now is the time for the MTA to take the ball and run with it on getting the funds to build this garage before the special interests try to kill it.  

If you guys want more efficient bus service in Brooklyn, get involved with communities whether amongst yourselves or other neighborhoods and press the (MTA). We know the ins and outs of the system more than the general public.

Why do you think VG8 and his neighborhoods are on top of their express bus service so much? Whenever he encounters issues, he gets on it by means of email, meetings, etc.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

I appreciate the large amount of interest in extending routes and creating new bus routes in Brooklyn but the issue remains where is the space to put the buses that will run on the new or extended routes?

This is the reason I say count me as a supporter of the Canarsie Depot for a lot of reasons with the best one being its location in an industrial area away from the complainers. Anywhere in most of Brooklyn with the exception of the pier area in the 40's and 50's a project such as this would bring out the litigators in full force who will tie up the project for eons. There is no question that another depot is needed as there is virtually no space in the other depots at this time.

Now is the time for the MTA to take the ball and run with it on getting the funds to build this garage before the special interests try to kill it.

Perfectly well said. Interested rider!

Excuse me, but I do not remember what your objections were to my proposed extension of the B35 to JFK. What I proposed was that buses starting at McDonald be extended to JFK by turning from Church onto Linden at East 94 Street and only make two more stops. One at Cross Bay and one at JFK.

You're excused.

Did not realize it was this big secret on here, but I do not concur with any extension of the B35 to JFK..... Having it start from McDonald over Sunset Park doesn't make one lick of difference to me..... Neither does minimalizing the amount of stops such a route would make....

If you guys want more efficient bus service in Brooklyn, get involved with communities whether amongst yourselves or other neighborhoods and press the (MTA). We know the ins and outs of the system more than the general public.

Why do you think VG8 and his neighborhoods are on top of their express bus service so much? Whenever he encounters issues, he gets on it by means of email, meetings, etc.

Said neighborhoods have stronger political backing.....

Which means these bus routes need a new Canarsie Depot near the East 105th St (L) station:

B6, B8, B17, B42, B60, B80*, B82*

*routes with artics

I didn't notice that you added the B6 to this.

I will accept the B6 in this line up.

Canarsie Depot - Routes. UPDATED:

B6, B7, B8, B17, B20, B42, B47, B60, B80, B82, B84.

Artics: B6, B80, B82.

.... Let me know if this is good Q44.

I didn't notice that you added the B6 to this.

I will accept the B6 in this line up.

Canarsie Depot - Routes. UPDATED:

B6, B7, B8, B17, B20, B42, B47, B60, B80, B82, B84.

Artics: B6, B80, B82.

.... Let me know if this is good Q44.

What about the bus fleet?

When it comes to Central Brooklyn and Southeast Brooklyn issues including Canarsie and East New York it's all about the right person who is willing to believe in this proposal and move it correctly with the MTA chain to have good bus service in Brooklyn.

You're excused.

Did not realize it was this big secret on here, but I do not concur with any extension of the B35 to JFK..... Having it start from McDonald over Sunset Park doesn't make one lick of difference to me..... Neither does minimalizing the amount of stops such a route would make....

Said neighborhoods have stronger political backing.....

But you haven't provided a reason why you would oppose an extension to the B35.

As far as providing route change suggestions to the MTA, I have found them to be totally unresponsive. I got a BS verbal excuse why a suggestion I made was not viewed favorably and when I challenged their logic, they just never replied again. I have followed up numerous times and they just ignored me.

In fact, if you try to make a suggestion via email, Operations Planning instructed MTA email to respond with a blanket, "We cannot respond to suggestions." Even if you just submit a question to them, all you get is that it will be forwarded for a response and that response never comes no matter how many times you follow up.

In the past, I have noticed if they like a suggestion, they will spend years studying it, sometines altering it so as to ruin the suggestion, never acknowledging it was something submitted to them, but passed off as their own suggestion. On the other hand, I have found Road Operations to be very responsive.