B36 Via Ave U

There's should be Multiple routes for buses to JFK

(My answers below)

Downtown Brooklyn to - JFK

Via Atlantic Av

Answer: LIRR to Jamaica.

South Brooklyn/Coney Island to -JFK

Via linden any ideas?

SOUTH BROOKLYN has extreme traffic problems.

Midwood to JFK is best feasible for this.

Greenpoint/Williamsburg- JFK

Via Metropolitan then via wood haven

On the bus line.

LIRR to Jamaica.

Opinions??

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ENY and I jointly came up with a LTD-only route between Midwood and JFK to supplement the B15, pictured right here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qcKmOLc0lY-DctyIrmw-lg4CwJ8&usp=sharing

There's should be Multiple routes for buses to JFK

Downtown Brooklyn to - JFK

Via Atlantic Av

South Brooklyn/Coney Island to -JFK

Via linden any ideas?

Greenpoint/Williamsburg- JFK

Via Metropolitan then via wood haven

On the bus line.

Opinions??

I would just extend the Midwood-JFK route ENY and I proposed toward Bensonhurst along the following streets:

Avenue P, Stillwell Avenue, and 25th Avenue to Harway Avenue (current B3 terminal)

I would just extend the Midwood-JFK route ENY and I proposed toward Bensonhurst along the following streets:

Avenue P, Stillwell Avenue, and 25th Avenue to Harway Avenue (current B3 terminal)

My mistake. I meant Kings Highway, not Avenue P. Edited by Q44SBS

Too long. Leave as is. The Kings Hwy- E.16th (B)(Q) station, Coney Island Avenue routing is good enough. Why deviate from that and extend all the way out.

That part of Brooklyn is prone to traffic. U did a good job on the initial road map of our possible B80 LTD discussion. Let's not go off route on that.

I feel what needs to be done is a South Brooklyn- Crosstown to Kings Highway- East 16th Street or possibly to Kings Plaza.

Have that run by Ulmer Park.

Too long. Leave as is. The Kings Hwy- E.16th (B)(Q) station, Coney Island Avenue routing is good enough. Why deviate from that and extend all the way out.

That part of Brooklyn is prone to traffic. U did a good job on the initial road map of our possible B80 LTD discussion. Let's not go off route on that.

I feel what needs to be done is a South Brooklyn- Crosstown to Kings Highway- East 16th Street or possibly to Kings Plaza.

Have that run by Ulmer Park.

Since there's (still) no Canarsie Depot (yet), would the B80 LTD be based out of ENY Depot, assuming it gets artics?

Have it based either at East New York or Flatbush.

I only say Flatbush since the deadhead is closer to KH/East 16th

If at ENY- Deadhead to airport.

I would short turn some weekday B80 buses at Linden Boulevard and Drew Street and have it run as a split route between Flatbush Depot and ENY Depot. Buses running the full route between Midwood and JFK would be artics based at ENY, whereas buses short turning at Drew Street from Midwood would be standards based at Flatbush. How's that? Edited by Q44SBS

I would short turn some weekday B80 buses at Linden Boulevard and Drew Street and have it run as a split route between Flatbush Depot and ENY Depot. Buses running the full route between Midwood and JFK would be artics based at ENY, whereas buses short turning at Drew Street from Midwood would be standards based at Flatbush. How's that?

That works perfectly..

This would be a good sell right there.

Just one more question: How much time would a one-seat ride on the B80 take to travel the full route?

To: Kings Hwy-E.16th to Drew & vice versa Limited- Estimated time: 60 mins depending of traffic +/-10 mins for actual destination. 

To: Kings Hwy- E. 16th to Airport & vice versa Limited- Estimated time: 75 mins. depending of traffic +/- 10 mins for actual destination.

Also for you: Besides Drew street. Which other short turns can be establish with this route..

For right now the other short turn that pops out of my head is Avenue H/Utica.

To: Kings Hwy-E.16th to Drew & vice versa Limited- Estimated time: 60 mins depending of traffic +/-10 mins for actual destination.

To: Kings Hwy- E. 16th to Airport & vice versa Limited- Estimated time: 75 mins. depending of traffic +/- 10 mins for actual destination.

Also for you: Besides Drew street. Which other short turns can be establish with this route..

What about short-turn trips between Drew Street/Linden Boulevard and Flatbush Avenue/Kings Highway?

About how much money do you think the MTA would have to spend on a Midwood-JFK route?

I think the MTA puts up bus shelters willy nilly and it just leads to loitering->wasted time for buses. Its as if they dont take ridership into consideration. Many bus shelters are useless because either the last stop is really close or no one even gets on the bus there.

I think the MTA puts up bus shelters willy nilly and it just leads to loitering->wasted time for buses. Its as if they dont take ridership into consideration. Many bus shelters are useless because either the last stop is really close or no one even gets on the bus there.

And what gave you that conclusion?  I also don't understand why bus shelters that are near the end of the route aren't relevant?  Quite frankly the more bus shelters the better.  The only thing I wish they had was better coverage from the rain.  The openness of them doesn't keep you as dry as they should. 

Anywhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 million dollars. Which includes labor, bus markings, marketing and etc for this limited route

After a certain amount of time operating as a LTD, I think it would be beneficial to eventually convert it into a SBS route. How's that? It worked on the Q70...

I'd definitely put it up for SBS consideration. This line has great potential for what we've mentioned on here.

If the B80 ever becomes a SBS route, would it be ideal to have it make all B15 stops within JFK, or would it be better to have it serve only certain stops there? If you think only certain stops should be served within JFK, specify the locations that a B80 SBS would stop at. Edited by Q44SBS

If the B80 ever becomes a SBS route, would it be ideal to have it make all B15 stops within JFK, or would it be better to have it serve only certain stops there? If you think only certain stops should be served within JFK, specify the locations that a B80 SBS would stop at.

Since I do alot of work at the airport. I can tell you (2 to 3) stops that can be used within the airport grounds for SBS. (Agree or Disagree of course) if need be.

Option 1.

- Terminal 5

- Federal Circle (Rental area)

- Airtrain on Lefferts.

(Southbound) to first stop... Drew Street // B14, B15, B20.

Northbound

- Airtrain on Lefferts

- Building 14- PA

- Terminal 5. Xfer: Q3, Q10.

Option 2

Southbound

- Terminal 5. xfer: Q3, Q10, B15

- Air Train on Lefferts

than to first stop: Drew Street

Northbound

- Airtrain on Lefferts

- Terminal 5 xfer: Q3, Q10, B15

Since I do alot of work at the airport. I can tell you (2 to 3) stops that can be used within the airport grounds for SBS. (Agree or Disagree of course) if need be.

Option 1.

- Terminal 5

- Airtrain on Lefferts.

Northbound

- Airtrain on Lefferts

- Building 14- PA

Option 2

Southbound

- Terminal 5. xfer: Q3, Q10, B15

- Air Train on Lefferts

than to first stop: Drew Street

Northbound

- Airtrain on Lefferts

- Terminal 5 xfer: Q3, Q10, B15

Sounds like a plan. Now riders would have a faster trip within JFK. Meanwhile, the B15 and Q10 already provide enough service to local customers there.

Option 1.

- Terminal 5

- Airtrain on Lefferts.

Northbound

- Airtrain on Lefferts

- Building 14- PA

I like Option 1 better, as it serves Federal Circle, an important airport parking spot.

I like Option 1 better, as it serves Federal Circle, an important airport parking spot.

The running time for this route will be very smooth when it's implemented, and with the right marketing of the B80LTD/SBS to JFK via Midwood, Flatlands, Canarsie and East New York there are options available for those who want a 1 seat ride to the airport.

.... for another post is to implement a NEW South Brooklyn route to Kings Plaza. Although South Brooklyn is plagued with traffic problems. Putting a route along 65th street, Avenue P and other wide intersections in Brooklyn to Kings Plaza would be best fesable than ones suggested for JFK.

..... What I find constructing this Brooklyn Transportation grid is that it can be tough at times. Not just only to find the right routes for connection, but also understanding navigation in Brooklyn these days is really difficult, and making things easier is not so easy.