Second Avenue Subway Discussion

CenSin

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about instead of phase 2, we make a connection between the 8th Ave express tracks and the 63 st tunnel. C and E train 8th Ave local to WTC. K train (Fulton St local and 8th Ave Express) to 96 st via the Q.

K train stops at

42 st PABT

Lex 63 st

72st

86st

96st

Edited by vngannxx

How about instead of phase 2, we make a connection between the 8th Ave express tracks and the 63 st tunnel. C and E train 8th Ave local to WTC. K train (Fulton St local and 8th Ave Express) to 96 st via the Q.

K train stops at

42 st PABT

Lex 63 st

72st

86st

96st

And annoy Spanish Harlem even more? Yeah no thanks.

K train stops at

42 st PABT

Lex 63 st

72st

86st

96st

Don't know why this angered me slightly.

K train stops at

42 st PABT

Lex 63 st

72st

86st

96st

That's not why I would build that connection.  Such a connection would really be to allow for additional alternatives to the 63rd Street tunnel that would allow for an 8th Avenue connection to the QB line from 63rd in addition to the 53rd Street connection.  

Perhaps the 2nd Ave subway should turn east to LaGuardia Airport, with a stop at Randals Island

Duh!  I brought up that idea myself previously.  As noted in mine, I would have a stop at 124th Street/1st-2nd Avenue before going to Randalls Island (with a stop at Ichan Stadium and a second stop there before continuing to LaGuardia and from there continuing to Willets Point and even possibly JFK). 

Duh!  I brought up that idea myself previously.  As noted in mine, I would have a stop at 124th Street/1st-2nd Avenue before going to Randalls Island (with a stop at Ichan Stadium and a second stop there before continuing to LaGuardia and from there continuing to Willets Point and even possibly JFK). 

That would be cool, it could replace the Q44, 

Perhaps the 2nd Ave subway should turn east to LaGuardia Airport, with a stop at Randals Island

Where would you curve the line off 2nd Ave? You'd almost have to run under 116th to line up on the Queens's side. What's your preferred route in Qns as well just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Duh! I brought up that idea myself previously. As noted in mine, I would have a stop at 124th Street/1st-2nd Avenue before going to Randalls Island (with a stop at Ichan Stadium and a second stop there before continuing to LaGuardia and from there continuing to Willets Point and even possibly JFK).

. You'd have to curve the line south again to line up with Icahn. Plus whatever you build on a queen-size has to be south of 20th Ave. huge con Ed infrastructure. To even attempt this The line would have to curve east at 116th or below.

Edited by RailRunRob

Where would you curve the line off 2nd Ave? You'd almost have to run under 116th to line up on the Queens's side. What's your preferred route in Qns as well just curious.

My idea of this was to have it go to a new stop at 124th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues and then make a stop on Randalls Island at Ichan Stadium and another stop on the other side before going into the northern part of Queens not currently served by any lines and using that to get to LaGuardia, then continuing that to Willets Point on the route being looked at for the AirTrain with provisions to further extend it to JFK. 

My idea of this was to have it go to a new stop at 124th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues and then make a stop on Randalls Island at Ichan Stadium and another stop on the other side before going into the northern part of Queens not currently served by any lines and using that to get to LaGuardia, then continuing that to Willets Point on the route being looked at for the AirTrain with provisions to further extend it to JFK.

. But your going north to go back south is that correct?

. But your going north to go back south is that correct?

A little bit, yes.  If you can put the 116th Street station a bit further south to allow for a turn-off on to 116, that would work as well.  

Another option is the 116th Street station is north of cut-outs for any turn to Queens so a Randalls Island/Queens/LaGuardia branch can go on 116.  

I think the tracks were former layups or something like that. The connection from QBL to Archer Av was something similar.

T2 comes in where D4 used to be. D4 was rerouted on the south end to connect to the former D5 relay track, which was connected on its north end back to D4.

T1 comes in where D1 used to be. A new D1 was built outside of it. 

I think the tracks were former layups or something like that. The connection from QBL to Archer Av was something similar.

T2 comes in where D4 used to be. D4 was rerouted on the south end to connect to the former D5 relay track, which was connected on its north end back to D4.

T1 comes in where D1 used to be. A new D1 was built outside of it. 

Oh ok Thanks.

When the IND built the Concourse line in the late '20s and early '30s, their main goal was to put the competition out of business. They would not do anything to jeopardize that goal, much less build a combined IRT/IND line.

Is that why there is an express station at Roosevelt Ave on the Queens Blvd Line, to steal IRT riders?