Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Service Change  Posted: 05/27/2015  6:00PM 

Due to signal problems at Forest Hills-71 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound e.png and f.png trains are running with delays.

Some southbound e.png and f.png trains are running local from Kew Gardens-Union Tpke to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change  Posted: 05/27/2015  6:00PM 

Due to signal problems at Canal St, some southbound n.png trains are running local from Canal St to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Expect delays on southbound r.png trains.

Service Change Posted: 05/28/2015 12:01AM

Due to a police investigation of a customer injury at Delancey St-Essex St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (J) train service between Broad St and Marcy Av in both directions.

71 Av bound M trains are running with delays.

This train was the 23:07 (J) out of Broad.The 22:31 (M) out of Conteneal was stuck behind this train for about an hour.They tried to get a door panel into station but it failed. I wonder why they couldn't have Broad St Bound train service run until it cleared up.

Edited by Abba

Service Change  Posted: 05/28/2015  5:00PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png and f.png trains are running local from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Forest Hills-71 Av.

71 Av bound m.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 05/28/2015  4:23PM 

Due to signal problems at Whitehall St-South Ferry, southbound r.png trains are running express from Canal St to DeKalb Av.

Delays  Posted: 05/28/2015  4:08PM 

Due to signal problems at Queensboro Plaza, northbound n.pngq.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Due to signal problems at 49 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound q.png trains are bypassing 49 St.

Southbound n.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Some southbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq, then running on the b.png line to DeKalb Av.

Expect delays on southbound b.png, f.png and m.png train service.

I don't get why they have to knock the (R) to 6th ave?

Due to signal problems at 49 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound q.png trains are bypassing 49 St.

Southbound n.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Some southbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq, then running on the b.png line to DeKalb Av.

Expect delays on southbound b.png, f.png and m.png train service.

I don't get why they have to knock the (R) to 6th ave?

If the trains are running with delays, then it makes sense to move some trains to a line without them. In this case, only the (R) can be rerouted. Service frequency is a function of the slowest speed. If signal problems are slowing down trains, then you can run less of them through a given point along the line per unit of time. With a combined 30+ TPH from the (N), (Q), and (R), a delay at 49 Street is sure to cause a conga line if some traffic isn’t rerouted.

Run a simulation in your head. It makes sense.

New wording:

Service Change  Posted: 05/29/2015  3:20PM
Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy bound l.png trains are terminating at Myrtle Av, due to a train with mechanical problems at Wilson Av.

The BMT Broadway Line is always messed up anyway.

The MTA needs to focus fixing the Broadway line. Especially north of 57th street. I know that in July the "Fastrack" will cover the Broadway line but not enough.

But why not run them express and just skip 49th st? Don't tell me it's because of layups.move them out of the way!

Is there a crew just sitting around at 57 Street? No? Then they have to find an operator to move the train out of the way for trains to access the switches at 49 Street. The MTA isn't going to call in T/Os to move trains for a temporary service change.

I don't see why they have to go

To 6th Ave.I think it's too much.

The idea is to maintain some semblance of normal service throughout the entire line. It's the same reason 2 and 5 trains are rerouted over to Lexington and 7th Avenues respectively.

Service Change  Posted: 05/29/2015  8:02PM 

Due to signal problems at Howard Beach-JFK Airport, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound a.png trains are terminating at Euclid Av.

Southbound a.png trains are running with delays.

I hate when they do this. Lefferts Boulevard can handle 9-12 trains per hour on the (A). No reason why they can't.

I don't see why they have to go

To 6th Ave.I think it's too much.

Think of it this way: when a highway backs up, what is the first thing some smart folks do? They take the nearest exit, skip the congestion, and remerge back in where the congestion has cleared up. It’s worked miracles for my friends when the FDR gets severely clogged.

Service Change Posted 05/30/2015 7:49 AM

Due to switch problems at 242 Street - Van Cortlandt, some northbound (1) trains are terminating at 137 Street - City College. Please expect delays in both Downtown and Uptown (1) trains.

Cut that out Javier. The (1) is suspended between 242nd and 96th Streets for the entire weekend.

Anyway...

Delays  Posted: 05/30/2015  2:31PM 

Due to signal problems at Times Sq-42 St1.png2.png and 3.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Delays  Posted: 05/30/2015  2:31PM 

Due to track maintenance at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall4.png5.png and 6.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Edited by RollOver

No because those trains don't leave 49th Street on the Express tracks until after 4 PM so that's why sent some (R) Trains via 6th Avenue

It would be nice if a service change (like a signal problem that lasts 2 hours or more) they could somehow get those trains out of the way.Back on the day in the Utica G.O when (3) Trains were terminating at Utica and (4) service was suspended between Utica and Atlantic they would lay up (4) and (5) trains on the express tracks .Lets say something would go wrong on the local tracks those layup trains would be in the way.I mean is there an emergency plan in these situations?

Service Change Posted: 05/29/2015 8:02PM

Due to signal problems at Howard Beach-JFK Airport, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound a.png trains are terminating at Euclid Av.

Southbound a.png trains are running with delays.

I hate when they do this. Lefferts Boulevard can handle 9-12 trains per hour on the (A). No reason why they can't.

Agreed.

Edited by Abba

It would be nice if a service change (like a signal problem that lasts 2 hours or more) they could somehow get those trains out of the way.Back on the day in the Utica G.O when (3) Trains were terminating at Utica and (4) service was suspended between Utica and Atlantic they would lay up (4) and (5) trains on the express tracks .Lets say something would go wrong on the local tracks those layup trains would be in the way.I mean is there an emergency plan in these situations?

Agreed.

Thing is though there's no CREWs to move the trains out which you fail to realize

I do realize but there should be some crew avaliable in my opinion or store these trains somewhere else maybe.

Let's say there would be a police investigation at 49th st that would last a few hours.Im sure they would get a crew to move the train.Trust me they would

Edited by Abba

I do realize but there should be some crew avaliable in my opinion or store these trains somewhere else maybe.

Let's say there would be a police investigation at 49th st that would last a few hours.Im sure they would get a crew to move the train.Trust me they would

No they're not especially since police investigations doesn't haven't specific times on how long they will last. They can't store them anywhere else. City Hall Lower level is filled and before December 2010, they used to have those Rush Hour put ins stored at CIY and have them run light which was a real issue.