Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

I'll just place this here... Looks like it will be a lovely rush hour tonight...  <_<

Subway%20Delays_zpsbwjhrpmf.jpg

lol..Wow all delays except for the  (7)  (L)  (G) all which dont share trackage with another line...Except the  (G) from bergen to church...But i hope my  (3) is good when i get off....

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol..Wow all delays except for the  (7)  (L)  (G) all which dont share trackage with another line...Except the  (G) from bergen to church...But i hope my  (3) is good when i get off....

I was off yesterday and opted to take the (4) train for a few stops to get to Metro-North and I must've been lucky because it came without any problems.  The Lex line has really been bad over the last week or so.

Due to switch probs at parkside ave, some northbound b trains are running on the Q line from brighton beach to coney island then via the d to dekalb ave lol. That's interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

This doesn't make any sense.  How can Northbound (B) trains be running from Brighton Beach to Coney Island? You mean Southbound?

Concerning the E problem, the announcements were horrible as usual. Nothing was announced for six minutes, and then they garbled the announcements. There was an E train on the Queens-bound express track at Union Tpke that was discharged that said Last Stop. Then suddenly the T/O announced, using the exterior speakers, that the train would now be running to Jamaica Center. The passengers on the platform got onto the train and it left. However, as people were getting on, the announcement stating that E trains were not going to Jamaica Center was playing, and was incorrect. Even after the train left they played the same announcement. If you got onto the platform after the train left and were somehow able to understand the garbled announcement you would not have known that service was running to Jamaica Center. The announcement was not even helpful. It just said "use local buses at street level." The website and the announcements stated that E trains were running to 179th instead. That was wrong, they were terminating at Union Tpke.

This was due to some NYPD activity. OK, this was not in the MTA's control. We cannot blame them for that one. HOWEVER, we can blame them for their horrible communication that makes it hard even for people who know the system well to know what is going on. If you are a tourist heading back to JFK to go back to where they live, it would be really stressful, confusing, and alarming not knowing what is going on, how to get where you need to go and whether you would make your plane. Delays will continue to happen, but riders won't stop being frustrated until they get respected.

I'll just place this here... Looks like it will be a lovely rush hour tonight...  <_<

Subway%20Delays_zpsbwjhrpmf.jpg

That list can be misleading. An issue at Flatbush Junction or E 180th St can cause "delays" on the (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6) , when it only affects two lines/ one station.

Edited by N6 Limited

Concerning the E problem, the announcements were horrible as usual. Nothing was announced for six minutes, and then they garbled the announcements. There was an E train on the Queens-bound express track at Union Tpke that was discharged that said Last Stop. Then suddenly the T/O announced, using the exterior speakers, that the train would now be running to Jamaica Center. The passengers on the platform got onto the train and it left. However, as people were getting on, the announcement stating that E trains were not going to Jamaica Center was playing, and was incorrect. Even after the train left they played the same announcement. If you got onto the platform after the train left and were somehow able to understand the garbled announcement you would not have known that service was running to Jamaica Center. The announcement was not even helpful. It just said "use local buses at street level." The website and the announcements stated that E trains were running to 179th instead. That was wrong, they were terminating at Union Tpke.

This was due to some NYPD activity. OK, this was not in the MTA's control. We cannot blame them for that one. HOWEVER, we can blame them for their horrible communication that makes it hard even for people who know the system well to know what is going on. If you are a tourist heading back to JFK to go back to where they live, it would be really stressful, confusing, and alarming not knowing what is going on, how to get where you need to go and whether you would make your plane. Delays will continue to happen, but riders won't stop being frustrated until they get respected.

Perhaps the MTA was getting two conflicting reports from the NYPD?

This doesn't make any sense.  How can Northbound (B) trains be running from Brighton Beach to Coney Island? You mean Southbound?

Where do they start at though? Brighton Beach?

There's no mistake, those were northbound (B) trains, and they started at Brighton Beach. Coney Island was a through station and not a terminal for those trains at that time - it was treated just like any other local and express station. It is just like how the  (M) runs today; a 71st Street-bound train leaving Metropolitan Avenue is called a northbound train despite actually going roughly southwest.

Edited by Gong Gahou

There's no mistake, those were northbound (B) trains, and they started at Brighton Beach. Coney Island was a through station and not a terminal for those trains at that time - it was treated just like any other local and express station. It is just like how the  (M) runs today; a 71st Street-bound train leaving Metropolitan Avenue is called a northbound train despite actually going roughly southwest.

Yeah, I kinda figured that once it was explained.  I've just never heard of the (B) being re-routed like that and was curious how exactly that setup worked.  Thanks for clarifying further.

Trying to dodge the rain? Pack some patience. Also, consider a boat.

Service Change  Posted: 05/05/2017  3:41PM 

Due to a water condition at Lexington Av-59 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no n.png train service between 57 St-7 Av and Queensboro Plaza in both directions.

There is no w.png train service between Whitehall St-South Ferry and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

n.png shuttle trains are running between Queensboro Plaza and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

r.png trains are running on the q.png line between 57 St-7 Av and Lexington Av-63 St then via f.png line between Lexington Av-63 St and 36 St(Qns) in both directions.

Some northbound n.png trains terminate at 57 St-7 Av, Atlantic Av-Barclays and 36 St(Bklyn).

As an alternative for service between Queens and Manhattan, take e.pngf.pngm.png or 7.png train service.

Expect delays in f.pngn.pngq.pngr.png train service in both directions.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change  Posted: 05/05/2017  3:18PM 

Due to a rail condition at 72 St, southbound a.png and d.png trains are running local from 125 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Expect delays in a.pngb.pngc.pngd.png train service in both directions. 

Service Change  Posted: 05/05/2017  2:44PM 

Due to flooding conditions between Prince's Bay and Richmond Valley, there is no sir.png train service between Tottenville and Huguenot in both directions.

As an alternate customers are advised to use the S78 bus making nearby station stops.

Edited by Lance
formatting

It's interesting also, because once a "northbound" (M) train leaves Steinway Street, it's heading southeast.

Technically from my perspective, Metropolitian Avenue still remains as the Northen terminal and Forest Hills is the southern terminal because the way how you look at the service cuts, the (M) was rerouted from going downtown to going uptown. It's confusing but this is the way how I see it.

Technically from my perspective, Metropolitian Avenue still remains as the Northen terminal and Forest Hills is the southern terminal because the way how you look at the service cuts, the (M) was rerouted from going downtown to going uptown. It's confusing but this is the way how I see it.

When the (M) runs to Forest Hills or 96th Street, Metropolitan Avenue is the southern terminal.

When the (M) runs to Essex Street or Chambers Street, Metropolitan Avenue is the northern terminal.

Due to a Con Ed loss of power causing switch problems at DeKalb Av, the following service changes are in effect:

d.pngn.pngq.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Southbound d.png trains are running on the f.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to 2 Av then terminate.

Northbound d.png and n.png trains are terminating at 36 St(BKLYN).

Northbound q.png trains are terminating at Prospect Park.

Northbound r.png trains are terminating at 36 St(BKLYN).

Travel Alternative:

For service between Bay Ridge-95 St and 36 St(BKLYN) use B37 or B63 bus.

For service between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and Prospect Park use B68 bus.