Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change Posted: 10/21/2015 10:39AM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Lexington Av-53 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound (E) trains are running on the (F) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Metropolitan Av-bound (M) trains are running on the (F) line from 36 St (Queens) to 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center.

Some Metropolitan Av-bound (M) trains are via the (J) line from Essex St and will then terminate at Chambers St.

Expect delays on (E)(F)(M) and (J) train service.

Allow additional travel time.

This has been going on for an hour. Wonder what happened. Also someone didnt proofread the 3rd paragraph smh

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Service Change

Posted: 10/22/2015 3:59PM

Due to signal problems at 7 Av, the following service changes and delays are in effect:

Northbound trains are running express from Church Av to Smith-9 Sts.

Northbound and trains are running with delays.

I've been seeing this alert everyday. What's going on over there?

It just wouldn't be Thursday without something going wrong right before Friday.

Due to signal problems at Grand St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound b.png and d.png trains are running with delays.

Some southbound b.png and d.png trains are running on the f.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Some southbound b.png and d.png trains terminate at 2 Av.

Southbound f.png trains expect delays.

(MTA) 's version of Halloween (hint, it's a trick, not a treat) Service Change

Posted: 10/31/2015 8:11PM

Due to an NYPD investigation of a customer injury at St Lawrence Av, there is no (6) train service between Hunts Point Av and Pelham Bay Park.

As an alternative for service Shuttle Bus Service is available between Hunts Point Av and Pelham Bay Park.

Allow additional travel time

That R62A candy tastes awful....

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Due to a police investigation of a customer injury at Delancey St-Essex St, southbound (F) trains are running on the (A) from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jay S-MetroTech.

Wait a minute.Cranberry is shut down this weekend.How is this move possible?

The only 2 options are terminate at 2nd Ave or run via the (D).Unless the work ended early or maybe they can still run trains through there for whatever reason.

Edited by Abba

The only 2 options are is terminate at 2nd Ave or run via the (D).Unless the work ended early or maybe they can still run trains through there for whatever reason.

Culver is also shut down between Stillwell and Avenue X/Kings Highway (depending on your perspective) so they'd be running right back up West End.

These GO's are line killers when an incident happens on top of it. Also, the (6) couldn't run at all between Hunts Point and Parkchester/Pelham Bay after the 12-9 at St. Lawrence northbound (power off or not) because a GO already took the southbound track out of service.

But still I want to know if they really went on Cranberry if anyone here knows? And yes maybe they were allowed to go to Coney Island. Just like they were able to go through Cramberry why can't they go back on Culver?

Edited by Abba

Wow a 2 and a half hour incident at Saratoga ave.I hate to think,what happened.and its ashame that service had to be disrupted that long.this was an Intersting service change.First they had no service at all south of Utica then later they single tracked trains but I don't think they had special shuttles,since it was late already they just waited at both terminals till the track cleared.In other words train from Manhattan waited till New lots train cleared track and vice versa.Obviously you can't really do that during rush.

Edited by Abba

Wow a 2 and a half hour incident at Saratoga ave.I hate to think,what happened.and its ashame that service had to be disrupted that long.this was an Intersting service change.First they had no service at all south of Utica then later they single tracked trains but I don't think they had special shuttles,since it was late already they just waited at both terminals till the track cleared.In other words train from Manhattan waited till New lots train cleared track and vice versa.Obviously you can't really do that during rush.

Someone got hit by a train. A friend of mine got caught in it and told me about it on my Facebook status.

Ironically enough, the status was about me getting caught in a 12-9 myself along the (J) line. Happened at Bowery and they were turning trains back at Marcy. I had to get to Essex, so I just walked across the Willy B the rest of the way.

Due to a police investigation of a customer injury at Delancey St-Essex St, southbound (F) trains are running on the (A) from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jay S-MetroTech.

The only 2 options are terminate at 2nd Ave or run via the (D).Unless the work ended early or maybe they can still run trains through there for whatever reason.

The Cranberry Shutdown was only from 11:45 PM that Saturday until that Monday due to the Halloween parade so service on the 6th and 8th Avenue lines could be free up. But yeah the 12-9 because it happened right before the G.O was supposed to start they ended up just starting the G.O around 2 AM after the 12-9 was cleared

And once again, the IRT gets hit hard.

Due to switch problems at Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no 2.png and 5.png train service in both directions between Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College and Franklin Av.

Some southbound 2.png trains terminate at 42 St-Times Sq or Chambers St.

Some southbound 2.png and 5.png trains terminate at Crown Hts-Utica Av or New Lots Av.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take B41 or B44 buses making nearby station stops.

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 11/15/2015 12:22PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 14 St, southbound 2.png and 3.png trains are running local from Times Sq-42 St toChambers St.

Expect delays is 1.png2.png and 3.png train service in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 11/15/2015 12:14PM 

Due to a rail condition at 34 St, northbound 1.png2.png and 3.png trains are running express from Chambers St to 34 St-Penn Station.

Seems like something they would normally do on a weekend :\

The (7) 's been hit hard this morning:

Due to a switch problem at 34 St - Hudson Yards, there is no (7) service between 34 St - Hudson Yards and Times Square - 42 St

Due to a switch problem at 34 St - Hudson Yards, some (7) trains terminate at Queensboro Plaza.

MTA Service Status

Service Change

Posted: 11/16/2015 7:55AM

Due to signal problems at Vernon Blvd-Jackson Av, some 34 St bound (7) trains are terminating at Queensboro Plaza.

Delays Posted: 11/16/2015 7:45AM

Following an earlier incident at 34 St-Hudson Yards, (7) train service has resumed with delays.

Oh, baby.

Due to a rail condition at 65 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound e.png trains are running local from Queens Plaza to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Some northbound f.png trains are running local from 21 St-Queensbridge to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Some northbound f.png trains terminate 21 St-Queensbridge.

Forest Hills bound m.png trains are running on the j.png line from Essex St to Chambers St and terminate.

Expect delays on e.png, f.png, j.png, m.png and r.png trains.

Allow additonal travel time

Due to track maintenance at Prospect Park, northbound b.png and q.png trains are running with delays.

Allow additonal travel time.

Service Change  Posted: 11/17/2015 11:10AM

Due to signal problems at Lexington Av/59 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound n.png, q.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Some southbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from 36 St (Queens) to 57 St.

Northbound q.png trains are terminating at 57 St-7 Av.