Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Due to signal problems at Chambers St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound a.png trains are running local from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sq then run on the f.png line to Jay St-MetroTech.

Some southboound c.png trains are running on the f.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jay St-MetroTech.

Downtown e.png and f.png trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to signal problems at Chambers St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound a.png trains are running local from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sq then run on the f.png line to Jay St-MetroTech.

Some southboound c.png trains are running on the f.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jay St-MetroTech.

Downtown e.png and f.png trains are running with delays.

I was on a southbound (C) that ran express on 8th Avenue. Have no idea why it was express. At 14th Street, there was a (C) on the express and a (C) on the local. Wonder what actually happened...

BTW it was an hour earlier than when you posted that.

Delays  Posted: 05/09/2015  6:01PM

Due to track maintenance in Queens7.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

They choose to do this right now? Guess I'm talking the (N) then...

Service Change  Posted: 05/11/2015 11:28AM
Due to signal problems at Grand Central-42 St, there is no 7.png train service between 42 St-Times Sq and Queensboro Plaza in both directions.

As an alternate customers are advised to the the n.png and q.png train service at Queensboro Plaza.

Delays  Posted: 05/11/2015 10:04AM
Due to signal problems at 125 St, southbound a.png and d.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 05/11/2015 11:34AM
Due to hanging wires at Flushing Av, the following service changes are in effect;

There is no j.png train service in both directions between Marcy Av and Myrtle Av.

There is no m.png train service in both directions between Essex St and Myrtle Av.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take B46 or B54 buses making nearby station stops.

Interesting about "hanging wires".

Delays  Posted: 05/11/2015 10:03AM
Due to signal problems at 42 St-Bryant Park, southbound f.png and m.png trains are running with delays.

Due to signal problems at Greenpoint Av, Court Square bound g.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 05/11/2015 11:28AM

Due to signal problems at Grand Central-42 St, there is no 7.png train service between 42 St-Times Sq and Queensboro Plaza in both directions.

As an alternate customers are advised to the the n.png and q.png train service at Queensboro Plaza.

Due to signal problems at 125 St, southbound a.png and d.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 05/11/2015 11:34AM

Due to hanging wires at Flushing Av, the following service changes are in effect;

There is no j.png train service in both directions between Marcy Av and Myrtle Av.

There is no m.png train service in both directions between Essex St and Myrtle Av.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take B46 or B54 buses making nearby station stops.

Interesting about "hanging wires".

Delays  Posted: 05/11/2015 10:03AM

Due to signal problems at 42 St-Bryant Park, southbound f.png and m.png trains are running with delays.

Due to signal problems at Greenpoint Av, Court Square bound g.png trains are running with delays.

And now the N/Q is down to QBP. What is going on out there? 

Service Change Posted: 05/13/2015 12:04AM

Due to signal problems at Eastchester-Dyre Av, there is no (5) train service between E 180 St and Eastchester-Dyre Av in both directions.

I have been very into the MTA's faults lately into these service advisories lately and thinking that they can do a little better.I have to admit this one has been going on for over an hour.No alternatives for the riders? Does anyone take this line after midnight?

Also yesterday for the (7) train that was knocked out for over 4 hours it would be nice if they gave a small explanation.They should want to interact with their riders.Am I not right?

Edited by Abba

Service Change  Posted: 05/13/2015  6:11AM 

Due to signal problems at Eastchester-Dyre Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no 5.png express service in the Bronx in both directions.

4.png and 5.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

As an alternative customers may take the 2.pngBx28Bx30Bx38Bx12 or Bx12SBS bus service.

Yeah, as if the (4) and (5) trains being delayed prone is something new, when pretty clearly it isn't...not during rush hours that is. As for Dyre Avenue, obviously the most logical conclusion would be to turn the (5) at East 180 Street and offer a free shuttle bus to/from Dyre Avenue until the signal problems cleared up. 
Edited by RollOver

Service Change  Posted: 05/13/2015  6:40AM 

Due to a sick customer at Grant Av, the following service change are in effect:

Some southbound a.png trains are terminating at Euclid Av.

Some northbound a.png trains are terminating at Howard Beach-JFK Airport.

Yesterday during the middle of the day, something different happened: the (MTA) revealed about a train with a mechanical delay at Lefferts Blvd which forced Lefferts Blvd-bound (A) trains to turn at Euclid Av. Though the thing is, I still wonder if Howard Beach-JFK Airport is staffed full-time (or could be staffed if necessary). Because that way, Lefferts Blvd-bound (A) trains can be rerouted there. There's no need to send them straight to Far Rockaway because the peninsula doesn't need a train every 10 minutes other than the 20 minute frequencies they get at the time. I remember I did considered something like this elsewhere.

Service Change Posted: 05/13/2015 12:04AM

Due to signal problems at Eastchester-Dyre Av, there is no (5) train service between E 180 St and Eastchester-Dyre Av in both directions.

I have been very into the MTA's faults lately into these service advisories lately and thinking that they can do a little better.I have to admit this one has been going on for over an hour.No alternatives for the riders? Does anyone take this line after midnight?

Also yesterday for the (7) train that was knocked out for over 4 hours it would be nice if they gave a small explanation.They should want to interact with their riders.Am I not right?

It was a switch problem at Times Square. I ended up getting caught in it and they turned the train I was on back at Queensboro Plaza

Due to station maintenance at Central Park North-110 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound 2.png trains are running on the 5.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Some northbound 2.png trains terminate at 96 St.

There is no 3.png train service between 96 St and Harlem-148 St in both directions.

Due to signal problems at 86 St, the following service changes are in effect:

4.png and 5.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Some southbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St..

Some southbound 4.png and 5.png trains are running local from 125 St to Grand Central-42 St.

The (2)(5) switcheroo! "Station maintenance" wonder what that mean? Why they couldn't just bypass the station

Service Change  Posted: 05/15/2015  6:06PM 

Due to switch problems at Broadway-Lafayette St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some Metropolitan Av-bound m.png trains are terminating at 2 Av.

71 Av-bound m.png trains are running on the j.png line from Delancey-Essex Sts to Chambers St and then terminate.

For service between Broadway-Lafayette St and Delancey-Essex Sts, take the f.png train where m.png service is available.

Wow the first time I see that the (M) is running the northern section with it running its Nassau reroute.

Due to switch problems at Broadway-Lafayette St, the following service changes are in effect:

71 Av-bound m.png trains are running on the j.png line from Delancey-Essex Sts to Chambers St and then terminate.

For service between Broadway-Lafayette St and Delancey-Essex Sts, take the f.png train where m.png service is available.

Wow the first time I see that the (M) is running the northern section with it running its Nassau reroute.

I think it's always done that. Obviously, if there's a problem there will also be trains en route that still run. The trains don't go poof and disappear when the MTA says "suspended." This is more like the MTA acknowledging that the (M) trains are still providing service.

Besides it better than suspending the (M). The (F) acts like a bridge.

Since the blockage was on Chrystie itself, and not where other lines must be rerouted and merge, they were able to run both halves of the (M), though separately. 

That whole thing was weird, because at one point, they started turning both (J) and (M) at Marcy. Some in the station, and some dropping out at Hewes and relaying in the middle. I don't know why it would back up when the (M)s were already going to Chambers, but the only reason I could think of was having to back the train caught behind the switch out into Essex. (And the switch to the middle is out, so you can't run around that).

Does anyone know if this was done?

Edited by Eric B

Delays  Posted: 05/18/2015  4:20PM
Due to signal problems at Coney Island-Stillwell Av, d.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

There was a major signal outage at 67th avenue that caused shutdown on the QBL. There was no (E) between 50th street and Jamaica which caused some of the (E) to run on the (C) line. The (F) didn't run north of 21st and the (M)(R) was suspended. It is a good thing that they restored service before the Mets game or it would had been a huge mess on the (7)