Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change  Posted: 05/01/2015 10:21PM
Due to a rail condition at Canal St, northbound n.png and q.png trains are running on the r.png line from DeKalb Av to Canal St.

Expect delays on r.png train service.

Allow additional travel time.

I was wondering if that occurred when the Montague Street tunnel was shutdown during repairs.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That I dont know, I saw a (C) going via the (F) to Kings Highway, and took a peek at the MTA website.

Rephrased:

Due to delays on the (A)(C)(E), the following service changes are in effect:

Very Limited (C) trains are running via the (F) line to Kings Highway

That I dont know, I saw a (C) going via the (F) to Kings Highway, and took a peek at the MTA website.

Rephrased:

Bullshit. I was on the website and was outside and that never happened.

This was on the MTA website? (C) are running 15 minute headways this weekend, so that's what, one (C) an hour via Rutgers/Culver? Must have happened when I was at lunch, because I didn't hear about ANY (C) getting sent that way tonight.

Service Change

Posted: 05/03/2015 8:25AM

Due to a sick customer at Cypress Av, northbound (6) trains are running express from 3 Av-138 St to Hunts Point Av.

Allow additional travel time

That's interesting earlier there was FDNY activity at the same station.Wonder if the 2 incidents are related.

Trust me, I was at Essex Street and I saw a (C) train coming in for what I thought at first was a R32 (F). I just thought that's what it said on the website.

Fine, whatever was the case. But please though, only post service changes and/or delays from mta.info in this thread. Don't just make it up on your own.

Rephrased:

Bullshit. I was on the website and was outside and that never happened.

Trust me, I was at Essex Street and I saw a (C) train coming in for what I thought at first was a R32 (F). I just thought that's what it said on the website.

Fine, whatever was the case. But please though, only post service changes and/or delays from mta.info in this thread. Don't just make it up on your own.

To be fair, a couple of weeks ago I was on a Jamaica bound (F) train which crawled between Roosevelt Island and Roosevelt Ave for about 40 mins, and when I got a little bit of reception near 21st st Queensbridge, I checked the MTA site and it said "Good Service".  Earlier that evening there were delays on the (M) and (R) with NO mention of the (E) or (F).

Service Change  Posted: 05/04/2015 10:03AM
Due to signal problems at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, some southbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Southbound 4.png and 5.png trains are running with delays.

Yes, there WERE some downtown (A) and (C) sent via the (F) from W4 to Jay on Sat afternoon due to a condition at Chambers, however they all returned to their regular route entering Jay. Furthermore, Kings Highway CAN'T be used as a terminal on weekends because the tower isn't staffed. If this train continued down the (F) line, it would have been turned at Church, Ave X or Stillwell, and there is no record of any (C) train getting turned at any of those places on Sat. Are you still saying that the MTA website claimed that "Very Limited  (C) trains are running via the  (F) line to Kings Highway" or did you just make that up?

Service Change  Posted: 05/04/2015  6:26PM
Due to a sick customer at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png trains are running local from Queens Plaza to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound f.png express from 36 St (Qns) to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Expect delays on 71 Av bound m.png and r.png trains.

I'm confused. So the (F) is still normal route. Or it a mistake the (E)(F) is local.

That doesn't really make any sense how they would run one local and the other express...it's the same express route.

Also earlier there was a "police investigation" at 14th Street-Union Square. I was there when it happened, it was on a (5) train. I was in the car next to the car where the incident happened, I saw police and MTA workers in the car over, and there was a woman (kneeling on the floor?). Then the conductor told everyone that the train was not going to move any time soon and then everyone in the trains were walking out. As expected the (4) and (5) were sent local northbound.

Dang the (6) train that jus pulled in after everyone poured out was really crowded.

To be fair, a couple of weeks ago I was on a Jamaica bound (F) train which crawled between Roosevelt Island and Roosevelt Ave for about 40 mins, and when I got a little bit of reception near 21st st Queensbridge, I checked the MTA site and it said "Good Service".  Earlier that evening there were delays on the (M) and (R) with NO mention of the (E) or (F).

I also said I was outside at the time in the subway when that so called (C) Train To Kings Highway happened which it didn't at all.

Yes, there WERE some downtown (A) and (C) sent via the (F) from W4 to Jay on Sat afternoon due to a condition at Chambers, however they all returned to their regular route entering Jay. Furthermore, Kings Highway CAN'T be used as a terminal on weekends because the tower isn't staffed. If this train continued down the (F) line, it would have been turned at Church, Ave X or Stillwell, and there is no record of any (C) train getting turned at any of those places on Sat. Are you still saying that the MTA website claimed that "Very Limited  (C) trains are running via the  (F) line to Kings Highway" or did you just make that up?

Actually, couldn't the (C) in question (if sent via the (F) go to Essex Street and terminate there if coming from Broadway-Lafayette?  I believe the issues with the (M) terminating there come from Brooklyn, but if so it should not affect trains coming from 6th Avenue being able to terminate at Essex if necessary (especially the (C) being only eight cars and 480' trains). 

Edited by Wallyhorse

Service Change  Posted: 05/05/2015  7:46PM 

Due to a sick customer at Hunters Point Av, there is no 7.png train service between Hunters Point Av and Times Sq-42 St in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 05/06/2015  8:17PM
Due to signal problems at 5 Av/59 St, some northbound r.png trains will run normal to 57 St-7 Av and then run on the f.png line from Lexington Av/63 St to 36 St (QNS) where they will resume their regular route.

Expect delays on northbound f.png, n.png, q.png and r.png train service.

Service Change Posted: 05/06/2015 8:17PM

Due to signal problems at 5 Av/59 St, some northbound r.png trains will run normal to 57 St-7 Av and then run on the f.png line from Lexington Av/63 St to 36 St (QNS) where they will resume their regular route.

Expect delays on northbound f.png, n.png, q.png and r.png train service.

My R ran normal last night, didnt seem to have any issues getting thru the affected area

Delays  Posted: 05/07/2015  8:38PM
Due to signal problems at 5 Av/59 St, northbound n.png, q.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time

Not again! They really need to focus fixing the signals north of 57th-7th Ave. It seems to be a issue.

Service Change  Posted: 05/07/2015 10:00PM
Due to signal problems at 5 Av/59 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound f.pngn.png, q.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound r.png trains are running normal to 57 St-7 Av and then on the f.png line from Lexington Av/63 St to 36 St (QNS).