Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was on a local  (6) train today and saw R142A 7548 with ONE PAIR of doors broken and not opening and/or closing. I thought this was going to cause a delay because I was manually closing one of the doors by pulling it at Brook Avenue and St Lawrence Avenue. However, a sick passenger was the one causing delays when I was in the tunnel of a downtown R62A  (6) train. I had a feeling there were gonna be delays but for the wrong reason.

QBL Express is a complete mess right now. Took me at least 20 minutes to get from Queens Plaza to Roosevelt Ave.

Wow. It is supposed to take 5 minutes, and with a local, you are supposed to run from Forest Hills to Queens Blvd in that time. Then again, there is track maintenance at Kew Gardens, maybe that is why you were so delayed.

Service Change  Posted: 09/15/2014  8:05PM 

Due to track maintenance at Kew Gardens-Union Tpke, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound e.png trains terminate at Queens Plaza.

Some northbound f.png trains terminate at 21 St-Queensbridge.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change  Posted: 09/16/2014  5:17PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 116 St, southbound b.png and c.png trains are running express from 125 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Well at least most CPW stations are connected in both directions. I feel bad for people at 110th Street and 116th Street.

Service Change  Posted: 09/16/2014  4:33PM

Due to hanging cables at Court St, northbound r.png trains are running on the q.png line from DeKalb Av to Canal St.

Looks like they changed their mind about the location:

Service Change  Posted: 09/16/2014  4:49PM

Due to hanging cables at Whitehall St-South Ferry, northbound r.png trains are running on the q.png line from DeKalb Av to Canal St.

Wow, so I guess the Montague Street Tube should have remained closed until October 6, 2014 (next month).

Yeah? I mean the lines merge at 57st anyway. Is this really going to add time? 

Obviously, he's also talking about the (B) too (at DeKalb). This is exactly part of the reason why the (R) can get backed up, given how complex the subway system is and the (R) 's interacting with three to four other lines along its run, as I've said many times. The Montague Tube should have stayed closed for a few more days or until by October.

EDIT: Nevermind, itmaybeokay. I guess MTA Dude is right.

EDIT (a second time): Damn. More delays irrupt.

Delays  Posted: 09/16/2014  5:51PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at DeKalb Av, northbound d.pngn.pngq.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Edited by RollOver

Due to track maintenance at Kew Gardens-Union Tpke, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound e.png trains terminate at Queens Plaza.

Some northbound f.png trains terminate at 21 St-Queensbridge.

e.png and f.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Allow additional travel time

AGAIN?! Why they can't just save it for late night work?

Wow, just wow. The IND Queens Boulevard corridor always has track/signal work, and will continue for years until CBTC on the aforementioned corridor is finished. Please expect irregularity of (R) service (if you're waiting for it at any stop below Canal) due to the (E)(F) merging onto the local tracks west of Roosevelt Av and the track maintainers at Elmhurst Av.

Service Change  Posted: 09/17/2014  6:35AM 

Due to track maintenance at Elmhurst Av, northbound e.png and f.png trains are running local from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Delays  Posted: 09/17/2014  6:38AM 

Due to ongoing signal problems at Coney Island-Stillwell Avq.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Edited by RollOver