Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change

Posted: 08/27/2014 4:58PM

Due to signal problems at Far Rockaway-Mott Av, there is no (A) train service between Broad Channel and Far Rockaway-Mott Av in both directions.

There is southbound (A) service to Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St.

As an alternate, customer may use the Q22 bus on Rockaway Beach Blvd from Beach 90 St for nearby station stops.

Allow additional travel time.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of some kind of smoke or fire condition at Queensboro Plaza, the (Q) train I was on got sent over the Romeo. 

Now, I was only on the Q because I just missed the R, and the walk from the Q is only like 10 minutes longer so I just took the next train from 57/7. But, the reroute actually worked out in my benefit - while simultaneously infuriating everyone else. 

Whatever was going on at QBP it didn't last long because this is the only service alert about it:

5:13 PM 
Due to an earlier incident at Queensboro Plaza, N and Q train service has resumed with residual delays.[/size]

But anyway, snapped a pic for all yall.

l26zDkd.jpg

Because of some kind of smoke or fire condition at Queensboro Plaza, the (Q) train I was on got sent over the Romeo. 

Now, I was only on the Q because I just missed the R, and the walk from the Q is only like 10 minutes longer so I just took the next train from 57/7. But, the reroute actually worked out in my benefit - while simultaneously infuriating everyone else. 

Whatever was going on at QBP it didn't last long because this is the only service alert about it:

But anyway, snapped a pic for all yall.

l26zDkd.jpg

Great catch! Where did it terminate?

But anyway, snapped a pic for all yall.l26zDkd.jpg

Nice catch! You should put it in the photos thread maybe.

Saw that. Was coming down the express track light southbound, and they told him to go back into service at QP. Don't know where he came from, north, but I would imagine CTL.

Thanks for the info, I wonder how confused the passengers were? Tourists would be baffled.

Great catch! Where did it terminate?

I heard on the radio it was to terminate at 71/Continental, not sure if it got all the way there, I got out at 46. 

Thanks for the info, I wonder how confused the passengers were? Tourists would be baffled.

The passengers were incredibly confused and annoyed. The C/R made an unintelligible and inaudible announcement before QP, and when we got there there was a lot of frustration. 

Actually, in fact, after we left QP the T/O gets on the PA, also frustrated, and started his announcement with "Attention passengers, AND the conductor, this is your train operator speaking. This is now an R train"

I wish I recorded his speech. It was fantastic. I do specifically remember "Whatever the R line stops are - we're making 'em. That includes steinway st, 74-ah- I dunno what the stops are, I'm supposed to be on the N line, but whatever they are, those are the stops we're making."

The train was basically empty after 36 st, and almost completely empty after Steinway. Nobody really got on either, because nobody had any idea where the train would end up.

Honestly I don't know why they didn't just reprogram the FIND for the R line. (Though that would have not made for an exciting photo at all)

The train was basically empty after 36 st, and almost completely empty after Steinway. Nobody really got on either, because nobody had any idea where the train would end up.

Honestly I don't know why they didn't just reprogram the FIND for the R line. (Though that would have not made for an exciting photo at all)

Its like when the F runs on the Fulton local some people don't want to get on, like they're going to wind up in some alternate universe.

They do that on most rerouted trains. I think the 2/5 switcheroo is the exception simply because it happens so often that riders are used to it. Everything else: forget about it. Of course, it doesn't help when the train crew doesn't know where the train's going either.

A lot of problems on QBL this morning. This morning at Union Tpke I just missed an E train (the set was 9183-9192, a set transfered from Coney Island, I saw it a few days ago too, so I catch an F train and as it is in 75 Av, that E train pulls up alongside it on the express track. Then my F train arrives into 71 Av on the local track, with another F train, an R46 is on the express track, my train ran express via the local track. Then I found the problem, while going through the tunnels I saw a fumigated E train. I was able to take a video of our train going on a not usually used switch from the local track to the 63 St Line. Then I got off at 21 St.

At 9:20 or so I got into the Queens Plaza station, waiting for an E train, then an M train pulls in and then I wait for an E train. I get on it, and we wait in the station due to a red signal, and I knew there was an F train merging onto our track ahead. And then we keep getting stuck at red signals, and the F train is two red signals ahead of us. Then we stop right before 65 St for a while. Then we stop and go again. Then we stop outside the Roosevelt Av station for some time. Then we stop at Roosevelt and stop and go again. As we are stopped I saw four trains on the local track pass by, one of them that M train from earlier. I was right outside the cab looking out front and I hear on the radio that this is because of a sick passenger and signal trouble at Continental. Then we arrive at Continental, and I see that M train on the manhattan bound local track leaving the station. Then after we passed 75 Av we were fine and it was 10:20!

Please don't do the cool story bro meme.

Subway-Bus@alerts.mta.info <Subway-Bus@alerts.mta.info>
6:12 AM (4 hours ago)

to Subway-Bus 
n/b E & F trains are running local from Roosevelt Av to 71 Av, due to switch problems at 71 Av. Allow additional travel time.

Subway-Bus@alerts.mta.info <Subway-Bus@alerts.mta.info>
6:23 AM (4 hours ago)

to Subway-Bus 
Following an earlier incident at Forest Hills-71 Av, E and F train service has resumed with residual delays.
7:11
s/b, E and F trains delayed due to signal problems at Roosevelt Av. Allow additional travel time.

9:23
n/b, E and F trains delayed due to signal problems at Forest Hills-71 Av. Allow additional travel time.

10:15 I didn't see this as I was leaving the system

Some n/b E local Qns Plz to 71 Av; some F local 21 St to 71 Av & some 71 Av-bnd M terminate at Chambers St, signal problems at 71 Av. Allow extra travel time.

10:24 Following an earlier incident at Forest Hills-71 Av, E,  F and M train service has resumed with residual delays.

n/b, E and F trains delayed due to signal problems at Forest Hills-71 Av. Allow additional travel time.
10:05
s/b, E and F trains delayed due to signal problems at Roosevelt Av. Allow additional travel time.
10:49 Following an earlier incident at Roosevelt Av, E and F train service has resumed with residual delays.

rush hours is not going their way

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 09/04/2014  4:15PM 

Due to signal problems at Hunts Point Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound 6.png trains are running local from Hunts Point Av to Parkchester.

Some southbound 6.png trains are running express from Parkchester to 3 Av-138 St.

Service Change  Posted: 09/04/2014  7:34PM 

Due to FDNY activity at 46 St-Bliss St, there is 7.png train service between Queensboro Plaza and 74 St-Broadway in both directions.

As an alternative, customers are advised to use the e.pngf.pngr.png or m.png trains or the Q32 bus.

Something happened along the (R) earlier this afternoon since I caught one at Lex-63 St heading south. It was stopped about 8 cars out and looked like it took the wrong lineup outside the station (there was a bottom green in the distance).

Yes I remember when you posted the catch on Facebook earlier and +1. Now that is unusual, even as in the 2000's with the 60th Street tube overhaul that was being done, the MTA used to have alot of GOs with the R via 63rd Street to Broadway. But for the year 2014, very unusual.

Another possible reason could also be something that happened at the 60th Street tunnel, but that's just another educated guess.

Edited by realizm

Due to signal problems at Queensboro Plaza, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no 7.png train service between 74 St-Broadway and Times Square-42 St in both directions.

There is no n.png train service between 57 St-7 Av and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd on both directions.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon. Possibility sending shuttle buses if this lags on for hours. Usually when the signal problems at Queensboro either the 7 or the N would get shutdown but never both at the same time.

Service Change  Posted: 09/07/2014 10:25AM 

Due to switch problems at 14 St-Union Square, southbound  6.png trains are running express from 14 St-Union Square to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Customers are advised to take a northbound 6.png train at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, making all bypassed station stops.

What they're saying is get off at Brooklyn Bridge and walk to the opposite platform to get on the same train. lol

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

Something happened along the (R) earlier this afternoon since I caught one at Lex-63 St heading south. It was stopped about 8 cars out and looked like it took the wrong lineup outside the station (there was a bottom green in the distance).

can you show the link for the pics if you mind please?