Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

I think 3 trains are really running the full route though now there is a sick customer also

Wow you couldn't fit onto a train at Sutter ave?? That's bad.must have been REALLY late

Yes, plenty of people were left behind on the platform because the train was already full to the brim. Looks like I should have checked my app first and also walk to Utica instead to take either train.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, sometime around this afternoon, (R) trains actually get sent over the (F) northbound from 57-7 to 36-Qns. An (N) and a (Q) also got sent via the QB line, where they ended at Union Tpke. (E) trains made local stops at Van Wyck Blvd and 75 Av. According to the announcement, it was all because of some congestion (or whatever the problem was) on the 60th tubes.

Oh, sometime around this afternoon, (R) trains actually get sent over the (F) northbound from 57-7 to 36-Qns. An (N) and a (Q) also got sent via the QB line, where they ended at Union Tpke. (E) trains made local stops at Van Wyck Blvd and 75 Av. According to the announcement, it was all because of some congestion (or whatever the problem was) on the 60th tubes.

WHAT an N and a Q at my home station! What time because I was out there today and saw nothing. Thats as interesting as it gets at my home station.

This is what happens when you try to send B-Div equipment into an A-Div station.......

WOW This has had at least twice before

Subchat

Posted by Randyo on Mon Dec 20 16:29:24 2010, in response to Re: IRT Cars into IND/BMT Yards??, posted by Broadway Lion on Mon Dec 20 16:05:46 2010.

Actually, there was a case of an IND car accidentally making it into Mosholu Yd by using the ramp from Concourse Yd to the Jerome Line. The S/B platform at Bed Pk was badly damaged and although there were no platforms in the IRT yd, due to the lack of clearances on the yard leads, the IND car knocked one of the signals off its pedestal so an IND/BMT car could have trouble in an IRT yard. 

Posted by Train Dude on Mon Dec 20 19:46:35 2010, in response to Re: IRT Cars into IND/BMT Yards??, posted by Randyo on Mon Dec 20 16:29:24 2010.

That was a Revenue Car, OR708 IIRC. It left Concourse yard up the lead to the #4 line and met some stiff resistance. The car was an IRT car but had wide threshold plate sills so it could be used on the "B" division to pick up the dough. The yard dispatcher took most of the blame
Posted by Larry,RedbirdR33 on Tue Dec 21 08:36:07 2010, in response to Re: IRT Cars into IND/BMT Yards??, posted by Randyo on Mon Dec 20 16:29:24 2010.

Actually, there was a case of an IND car accidentally making it into Mosholu Yd by using the ramp from Concourse Yd to the Jerome Line. The S/B platform at Bed Pk was badly damaged 

It happened twice in a few months, one time it was an R-10, the next it was an R-16. I tried to find the reference last night but couldn't locate it. If anyone remembers the approximate date or year I can do a more detailed search.

Larry, RedbirdR33 

Snowblock, can you give the exact details.
Wow! Was it from Linden Yard?
What subway cars? 
Some people will have some explainin to do!

WOW This has had at least twice before

Subchat

Posted by Randyo on Mon Dec 20 16:29:24 2010, in response to Re: IRT Cars into IND/BMT Yards??, posted by Broadway Lion on Mon Dec 20 16:05:46 2010.

Actually, there was a case of an IND car accidentally making it into Mosholu Yd by using the ramp from Concourse Yd to the Jerome Line. The S/B platform at Bed Pk was badly damaged and although there were no platforms in the IRT yd, due to the lack of clearances on the yard leads, the IND car knocked one of the signals off its pedestal so an IND/BMT car could have trouble in an IRT yard. 

Posted by Train Dude on Mon Dec 20 19:46:35 2010, in response to Re: IRT Cars into IND/BMT Yards??, posted by Randyo on Mon Dec 20 16:29:24 2010.

That was a Revenue Car, OR708 IIRC. It left Concourse yard up the lead to the #4 line and met some stiff resistance. The car was an IRT car but had wide threshold plate sills so it could be used on the "B" division to pick up the dough. The yard dispatcher took most of the blame
Posted by Larry,RedbirdR33 on Tue Dec 21 08:36:07 2010, in response to Re: IRT Cars into IND/BMT Yards??, posted by Randyo on Mon Dec 20 16:29:24 2010.

Actually, there was a case of an IND car accidentally making it into Mosholu Yd by using the ramp from Concourse Yd to the Jerome Line. The S/B platform at Bed Pk was badly damaged 

It happened twice in a few months, one time it was an R-10, the next it was an R-16. I tried to find the reference last night but couldn't locate it. If anyone remembers the approximate date or year I can do a more detailed search.

Larry, RedbirdR33 

Snowblock, can you give the exact details.
Wow! Was it from Linden Yard?
What subway cars? 
Some people will have some explainin to do!

Whoa. Shoot....

Delays Posted: 07/08/2014 5:10PM

Due to track maintenance between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and 36 St (QNS), the following service changes are in effect:

(E) and (F) are running with delays in both directions.

Some northbound (F) trains terminate at Jay St-MetroTech or W 4 St-Washington Square.

Allow additional travel time.

How could an (F) at either station at this hour of the day.Dosent sound too possible to me.

Maybe 57th st. Even that's not too great.

Edited by Abba

Service Change  Posted: 07/08/2014  6:50PM 

Due to a rail condition at Lexington Av-59 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no n.png and q.png train service between 57 St-7 Av and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

r.png trains are running on the f.png line from 57 St-7Av to 36 St (QNS) in both directions.

There is n.png shuttle train service between Queensboro Plaza and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd.

As an alternative:

-Take the 7.png train from Manhattan to Queensboro Plaza and transfer to the shuttle bus service running between Queensboro Plaza and 21 St-Queensbridge.

-Take f.png or r.png train to 21 St-Queensbridge and transfer to the shuttle bus service running between  Queensboro Plaza and21 St-Queensbridge.

Delays Posted: 07/08/2014 5:10PM

Due to track maintenance between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and 36 St (QNS), the following service changes are in effect:

(E) and (F) are running with delays in both directions.

Some northbound (F) trains terminate at Jay St-MetroTech or W 4 St-Washington Square.

How could an (F) at either station at this hour of the day.Dosent sound too possible to me.

Maybe 57th st. Even that's not too great.

Still there. I could see the (F) trains terminating at Jay Street, but WEST 4TH STREET? That would delay even MORE trains!

Still there. I could see the (F) trains terminating at Jay Street, but WEST 4TH STREET? That would delay even MORE trains!

Well, you see, the (F) simply has to backtrack to Delancey Street on the northbound local track where it can return to the southbound track without disrupting the (B) or (D). :)

Service Change[/size] [/size] Posted: 07/08/2014  6:50PM 

Due to a rail condition at Lexington Av-59 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no n.png and q.png train service between 57 St-7 Av and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

r.png trains are running on the f.png line from 57 St-7Av to 36 St (QNS) in both directions.

There is n.png shuttle train service between Queensboro Plaza and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd.

As an alternative:

-Take the 7.png train from Manhattan to Queensboro Plaza and transfer to the shuttle bus service running between Queensboro Plaza and 21 St-Queensbridge.

-Take f.png or r.png train to 21 St-Queensbridge and transfer to the shuttle bus service running between  Queensboro Plaza and21 St-Queensbridge.

What exactly is a rail condition? Don't understand it.

What's a track obstruction?

Well, you see, the (F) simply has to backtrack to Delancey Street on the northbound local track where it can return to the southbound track without disrupting the (B) or (D). :)

That's ridiculous.maybe it can do something at 2nd ave?

Many times the MTA says certain trains terminate in places where is would severely delay other lines.

Like let's say 86th st on the (6).Or Dekalb ave maybe.Even Northbound (3) trains at Atlantic are IMPOSSIBLE during peak hours.But that's for another thread.

Edited by Abba

On Monday, the off-peak E which usually flies from Queens Plaza to Roosevelt, came to a dead stop just east of Queens Plaza for a few minutes, then crawled to the nearby 36th St area (on the express track) followed by another dead stop for a few minutes, and took close to 15 minutes to get to Roosevelt Ave.  (This was after waiting 7 minutes for the E train!!)  There was definitely some issue with the tracks and/or the signals in that express stretch.  Would have been far quicker to take the M/R local to Roosvelt, then transfer.

Edited by RtrainBlues