Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

The only Q29 Extention I see feasible is a merge of the Q33 (like B35 said previously, although I don't agree with all parts of that plan). The Q23 to Ridgewood would make the route unreliable. Don't you people get there is enough ridership to keep the Q23 running across Queens Blvd as it is. It has a good amount of ridership. A 64 to Ridgewood is not practical.

That's exactly was I was saying to QJT but he's too much of a stubborn ass to even bother read the criticism he gets and then he says we don't read his posts properly.

Really, because the thread has posts from today and yesterday, and the day before.

Normally I would suggest the lock of a thread like this but the hypocrisy is pretty hilarious.

Oh I thought it was because I didn't see replies for a day. Never mind that now. And you're saying the hypocrisy is hilarious? More of annoying and unneeded.

QJT, we been over this before about extending Q64's west of Queens blvd...

LOL just ignore him. I bet he thinks he could extend the Q64 to Miami and think people would use it.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about instead of making new long routes, we shorten an existing long route and give it some real purpose.. the Q38!!

I have been saying for the longest to split the Q38 and extend the 63rd Drive/Penelope half to Flushing and the Eliot end to Ridgewood... but nooo I get called "selfish" for that.... 

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202078413367997810042.0004bac6630fd0b410ffb&msa=0&ll=40.711744,-73.882799&spn=0.046257,0.090895

How about instead of making new long routes, we shorten an existing long route and give it some real purpose.. the Q38!!

I have been saying for the longest to split the Q38 and extend the 63rd Drive/Penelope half to Flushing and the Eliot end to Ridgewood... but nooo I get called "selfish" for that.... 

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202078413367997810042.0004bac6630fd0b410ffb&msa=0&ll=40.711744,-73.882799&spn=0.046257,0.090895

let me guess the q51 is based at college point?

No it does not need to go to Flushing and Ridgewood, Q58 already does that. I think the best idea to eliminate the Q38's loop would be swapping

routes with Q39. Q38 would continue down Eliot and head down Forest Avenue along the Q39 route and the Q39 would continue down Fresh Pond Road and turn onto Metropolitan Avenue and use the Q38's routing to Rego Park. Wonder why no one suggested that before (at least to my knowledge)

No it does not need to go to Flushing and Ridgewood, Q58 already does that. I think the best idea to eliminate the Q38's loop would be swapping

routes with Q39. Q38 would continue down Eliot and head down Forest Avenue along the Q39 route and the Q39 would continue down Fresh Pond Road and turn onto Metropolitan Avenue and use the Q38's routing to Rego Park. Wonder why no one suggested that before (at least to my knowledge)

That Q39 is long enough.. lemme tell yah. You'll make that route EVEN MORE unreliable than it is now! (20 minute headways and the damn route bunches in 3s and is prone to delays on Van Dam St as well....)

Longer routes = more bunching, more delays, possibly some MIA runs...

In order to make the Q38 reliable, you're better off split it and making a new route INSTEAD of splitting it and making a current route longer and more unreliable!

let me guess the q51 is based at college point?

It could be based out of any depot.. Fresh Pond or College Point.. Grand Ave and LGA aren't too far away of a deadhead either

Right now there is no direct way to get from the Rego Park area to Flushing... The Q38 would provide a convenient, direct way for those living in the area to get to and from Flushing. Doing what I propose will improve service on the Q38 by shortening the distance that it travels (as said before having longer routes will make it more prone to delays), and will generate new ridership for the Q38 since it will now travel to a new popular destination. 

Edited by error46146

That Q39 is long enough.. lemme tell yah. You'll make that route EVEN MORE unreliable than it is now! (20 minute headways and the damn route bunches in 3s and is prone to delays on Van Dam St as well....)

In order to make the Q38 reliable, you're better off split it and making a new route INSTEAD of splitting it and making a current route longer and more unreliable!

Well that explains why no one came up with this suggestion and tell me what kind of new route would you suggest to replace half of it?

Well that explains why no one came up with this suggestion and tell me what kind of new route would you suggest to replace half of it?

error's idea is a better idea than the Q39..

In error's idea, the new route HAS to terminate at Ridgewood if you want it to have a lot of transfers, if you wanted to you could short turn at Metro (but I doubt that'll happen w/headways..)

sending the Q38 to Flushing will give it purpose, there is a growing asian population in the Rego Park area and they don't have direct access to Flushing unless they backtrack to the Q58 and that Q58 gets hit hard enough (You'll see 2 buses bunched up and they are normally CRUSHED.....)

Yes that makes more sense now. But I would do it differently from error. How about the Q38 is the one that runs via Eliot. The Q38 would be truncated to Rentar Plaza and connect with the (M) train. But how about extend the Corona end to the Hall of Science by dropping the 57 Avenue segment, Make Q38s turn onto Junction Boulevard then HHE, then up 108 Street, then right on 52 Avenue, then a final right on 111 Street and terminates at 54 Avenue. Then going to Rentar Plaza it continues down 111 Street until it ends at the HHE then it would continue on it until Junction Boulevard where it will continue on the current Q38 until Rentar Plaza. And with this Q51 replacing the other half, I would make it run along the Q58 between Metropolitan Avenue and it's terminus at Ridgewood Instead of Forest Avenue and Gates Avenue. And also make it run along Juniper Valley Road until it ends at 80 Street, then it runs down 80 Street until Furmanville Avenue, then it turns right onto Furmanville (note that service along Penelope Avenue would be discontinued because that street is too narrow) until Woodhaven Boulevard, and then it turns a right on 63 Drive and continues on the current Q38 route until 108 Street. Then it would run along the HHE just like error proposed it but instead of having it duplicate the Q58 on College Point Boulevard, I would have it run down Main Street until Roosevelt Avenue where it would terminate. If you don't get any of it, then I will post a map of it later.

Yes that makes more sense now. But I would do it differently from error. How about the Q38 is the one that runs via Eliot. The Q38 would be truncated to Rentar Plaza and connect with the (M) train. But how about extend the Corona end to the Hall of Science by dropping the 57 Avenue segment, Make Q38s turn onto Junction Boulevard then HHE, then up 108 Street, then right on 52 Avenue, then a final right on 111 Street and terminates at 54 Avenue. Then going to Rentar Plaza it continues down 111 Street until it ends at the HHE then it would continue on it until Junction Boulevard where it will continue on the current Q38 until Rentar Plaza. And with this Q51 replacing the other half, I would make it run along the Q58 between Metropolitan Avenue and it's terminus at Ridgewood Instead of Forest Avenue and Gates Avenue. And also make it run along Juniper Valley Road until it ends at 80 Street, then it runs down 80 Street until Furmanville Avenue, then it turns right onto Furmanville (note that service along Penelope Avenue would be discontinued because that street is too narrow) until Woodhaven Boulevard, and then it turns a right on 63 Drive and continues on the current Q38 route until 108 Street. Then it would run along the HHE just like error proposed it but instead of having it duplicate the Q58 on College Point Boulevard, I would have it run down Main Street until Roosevelt Avenue where it would terminate. If you don't get any of it, then I will post a map of it later.

You wouldn't make it go on College Point Blvd, because it "duplicates" the Q58, but running it on Main St sort of "duplicates" the Q20 A/B/Q44

You wouldn't make it go on College Point Blvd, because it "duplicates" the Q58, but running it on Main St sort of "duplicates" the Q20 A/B/Q44

Well the Q58 is by itself on College Point Boulevard. The Q20 and Q44 are two routes (three if you consider the A and B branches as individual routes) so that's why I'd rather run it down Main Street. I don't like duplicating routes that are alone at points unless there's no other logical choice.

That's exactly was I was saying to QJT but he's too much of a stubborn ass to even bother read the criticism he gets and then he says we don't read his posts properly.

Oh I thought it was because I didn't see replies for a day. Never mind that now. And you're saying the hypocrisy is hilarious? More of annoying and unneeded.

LOL just ignore him. I bet he thinks he could extend the Q64 to Miami and think people would use it.

and you should go STFU AND talk shit elsewhere. Q38 can be split into 2 take Penelope branch and send it to flushing it is either given Q14 designation or merged with Q16. The Eliot extension to Ridgewood labled Q38 I like the idea of sending it to the science hall on 111th elsewhere. To Miami how about you try not to be an asshat. Child. I take criticism not BS. I already adjusted that other idea. Cause unlike you and some others some here actually read the fine print. However error's idea is better than mine That much I admit. Edited by qjtransitmaster

not gonna lie you have a brilliant idea there. Much better as there are more resources there to boost service on it without need for a merger at all. While the otherbranch gets service boost. That way nice.

Well the Q58 is by itself on College Point Boulevard. The Q20 and Q44 are two routes (three if you consider the A and B branches as individual routes) so that's why I'd rather run it down Main Street. I don't like duplicating routes that are alone at points unless there's no other logical choice.

ohh FYI college point Blvd is more direct to boot so that routing is better.

I would just split the route up so that the Q67 and the Q88 take over the rite. The Q88 would run on Eliot to 69th Street then to Metro to Fresh Pond Rd (Current Q67 terminal). The Q67 would run on 69 street to Eliot, then along the current Q38 route to Forest Hills via Penelope Avenue. The Q88 serves a big area, so does the Q67 (And before anyone says long ass ride, I suggest you look at the M5, and the S78 first).

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

I would just split the route up so that the Q67 and the Q88 take over the rite. The Q88 would run on Eliot to 69th Street then to Metro to Fresh Pond Rd (Current Q67 terminal). The Q67 would run on 69 street to Eliot, then along the current Q38 route to Forest Hills via Penelope Avenue. The Q88 serves a big area, so does the Q67 (And before anyone says long ass ride, I suggest you look at the M5, and the S78 first).

Q88 is long enough and the Q67 should be left alone. Also long routes cost more money to operate. Also line Astoria Line mentioned, Rego Park needs a direct route to Flushing and a Q51 to replace the other half of the Q38 would do just that. A new route would need to be started regardless.

and you should go STFU AND talk shit elsewhere. Q38 can be split into 2 take Penelope branch and send it to flushing it is either given Q14 designation or merged with Q16. The Eliot extension to Ridgewood labled Q38 I like the idea of sending it to the science hall on 111th elsewhere. To Miami how about you try not to be an asshat. Child. I take criticism not BS. I already adjusted that other idea. Cause unlike you and some others some here actually read the fine print. However error's idea is better than mine That much I admit.

and you should go STFU AND talk shit elsewhere. Q38 can be split into 2 take Penelope branch and send it to flushing it is either given Q14 designation or merged with Q16. The Eliot extension to Ridgewood labled Q38 I like the idea of sending it to the science hall on 111th elsewhere. To Miami how about you try not to be an asshat. Child. I take criticism not BS. I already adjusted that other idea. Cause unlike you and some others some here actually read the fine print. However error's idea is better than mine That much I admit.

Again you need to watch how you talk to people on this forum. One day you'll say that to the wrong person (luckily for you that's not me) and you'll get busted. And also this is not usually something I do but I apologize for overreacting about your proposals that were alternatives to the Q90 I proposed. But still you should make sure your proposals make sense and take criticism. Also with the Miami thing I was only being sarcastic. And if the Q16 should be merged with any route it's the Q48. I posted that earlier in this thread and go see for yourself.

Why couldn't the Q38 be split up the way it originally was. Personally I don't see anything wrong with the route it's just that CP is bad at time management. The Q64 is like the only route out of CP that does not suffer from missing runs or lateness.

Q88 is long enough and the Q67 should be left alone. Also long routes cost more money to operate. Also line Astoria Line mentioned, Rego Park needs a direct route to Flushing and a Q51 to replace the other half of the Q38 would do just that. A new route would need to be started regardless.

Not gonna lie but I agree with you here I will calm down and continue the conversation later sorry if we went asshat it happens not everything a person says can work. I do like your Q51 idea though but I would call it Q61 but labels don't matter.

Again you need to watch how you talk to people on this forum. One day you'll say that to the wrong person (luckily for you that's not me) and you'll get busted. And also this is not usually something I do but I apologize for overreacting about your proposals that were alternatives to the Q90 I proposed. But still you should make sure your proposals make sense and take criticism. Also with the Miami thing I was only being sarcastic. And if the Q16 should be merged with any route it's the Q48. I posted that earlier in this thread and go see for yourself.

apology excepted perfection doesn't exist here. Well as others said Q16 merged with 48 I don't know about that one others won't agree especially bobtehpanda

Why couldn't the Q38 be split up the way it originally was. Personally I don't see anything wrong with the route it's just that CP is bad at time management. The Q64 is like the only route out of CP that does not suffer from missing runs or lateness.

Because the Q38 portion has two different needs. The Eliot Avenue Portion needs more frequent service compared to the Penelope Avenue section, and the only place in Ridgewood where Q38 Riders on the Eliot Avenue Portion go to frequently is either Rentar Plaza or the (M) Train. If they want to go to downtown Ridgewood, they x-fer to the Q58, because there isn't much demand. MTA Bus isn't gonna make the Q38 more frequent for nothing (Meanwhile you have buses running every 14 minutes on the Eliot Portion Flagging half a bus load of seats in ridership). The Q88 is the only route near the Q38 that can feasibly be combined with it.

The reason I made the 67 and the 38P as one is because of the 67 weekend ridership. Nuff said (and I ain't about to give up on more bus line in my area). Since the 67 got guide a rides though I hope to see its ridership up more on weekends.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Is there a point to the Q16/Q48 merger, besides merging two routes for the sake of merging? The Q48 should really be extended or merged into a route that either has transfers to lots of other routes, or goes to some other transit hub besides Flushing (preferably both). The Q16 doesn't fit that description, and of all places, Bayside and Fort Totten are not going to use an extremely slow local bus to the airport when they can call a livery cab.

I'm not sure how I feel about this - College Point could do with more service now that there's more development popping up around there (and avoiding the congestion on Main St or Kissena is a plus), but I feel like at the very least, the segment of Main between Franklin and Kissena could use more service if it was offered.

Is there a point to the Q16/Q48 merger, besides merging two routes for the sake of merging? The Q48 should really be extended or merged into a route that either has transfers to lots of other routes, or goes to some other transit hub besides Flushing (preferably both). The Q16 doesn't fit that description, and of all places, Bayside and Fort Totten are not going to use an extremely slow local bus to the airport when they can call a livery cab.

I'm not sure how I feel about this - College Point could do with more service now that there's more development popping up around there (and avoiding the congestion on Main St or Kissena is a plus), but I feel like at the very least, the segment of Main between Franklin and Kissena could use more service if it was offered.

knew it I knew you were gonna say something about Q16/48 merger. I would have Q48 travel on national at and corona ave granting easier airport access to the corona area. Then via 51st after then Maurice at rush hour via 55th off peak skipping that area to meeker ave to Williamsburg at offpeak hours to LES replacing B39. B39 retains peak service to allow this q48 to skip that traffic hell. Offpeak frequency adjusted to every 15 mins instead of 20. Every other trip absorbs B39 going to LES. That is a hub as well. Edited by qjtransitmaster

knew it I knew you were gonna say something about Q16/48 merger. I would have Q48 travel on national at and corona ave granting easier airport access to the corona area. Then via 51st after then Maurice at rush hour via 55th off peak skipping that area to meeker ave to Williamsburg at offpeak hours to LES replacing B39. B39 retains peak service to allow this q48 to skip that traffic hell. Offpeak frequency adjusted to every 15 mins instead of 20. Every other trip absorbs B39 going to LES. That is a hub as well.

So you want a route from that deep in queens to all the way in the Lower East Side...really now..

Because the Q38 portion has two different needs. The Eliot Avenue Portion needs more frequent service compared to the Penelope Avenue section, and the only place in Ridgewood where Q38 Riders on the Eliot Avenue Portion go to frequently is either Rentar Plaza or the (M) Train. If they want to go to downtown Ridgewood, they x-fer to the Q58, because there isn't much demand. MTA Bus isn't gonna make the Q38 more frequent for nothing (Meanwhile you have buses running every 14 minutes on the Eliot Portion Flagging half a bus load of seats in ridership). The Q88 is the only route near the Q38 that can feasibly be combined with it.

Sending the 38 into Ridgewood would create demand, because it would be a faster alternative to the 58. Things are slow enough heading that way further into Queens, including having to transfer, so more direct routes are what's needed.