Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something realistic. How about extending the hours of the Q113 limited. And adding LTD stops on the Q6, 10 and 113.

yeah my proposal does that as well to improve links and create travel opportunities to far rockaway under the 147th routing rather than conduit but I haven't even decided on the south of queens village routing. Torn between rendering N2/8 useless on hook creek or serving spring field blvd. Should a conduit stop be added for the Q113 LTD? I would need to map it out for you to see how it works I admit the wakefield routing was random and was kinda weak.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Noting that the Q100's demands at its northern end would really justify an unbalanced schedule, that Steinway could use some improvements in service, and that 19 Avenue and 81 Street are the run-on and run-off routes for both the Q100 and Q101, one proposal I would do is as follows:

1. Extend the Q100 to terminate at the Q69 terminus---which is only 800 feet away from LaGuardia Depot.

2. (Credit for this to Bounad Hahnic in another thread): revisit the idea of an unbalanced schedule for the Q100 that restricts service to Rikers' Island to shift changes and inmate visiting hours, and terminating all other Q100 service in Steinway, with stops added on 20 Avenue at Crescent Street, Steinway Street, and 49 Street. and on 21 Street at 23 Avenue and 35 Avenue.

It sounds like you're saying that duplicating the subway somehow automatically makes the line slower, which doesn't make any sense.

Just goes to show how biased he is about & against bus service in Manhattan.....

Y'know some'n... come to think of it, routes that do dupe the subway, more often than not, do tend to be rather slow (B25, Bx39, Bx1/2, Q60, etc)... But to bring up the fact that the Q32 dupes the subway as to why it's slow, to me, it's just hating for the sake of hating (for lack of a better term) on buses that happen to run in manhattan.....

Here's something realistic. How about extending the hours of the Q113 limited. And adding LTD stops on the Q6, 10 and 113.

Regarding the Q113 LTD, I agree with you... I don't think the MTA realizes just how important the 113/113LTD is.... I'd go as far as to say it's the most important route in all of the rockaways....

Regarding the Q6 LTD & Q10 LTD.... I dunno, what stops would you add to those routes, respectively ?

Noting that the Q100's demands at its northern end would really justify an unbalanced schedule, that Steinway could use some improvements in service, and that 19 Avenue and 81 Street are the run-on and run-off routes for both the Q100 and Q101, one proposal I would do is as follows:

1. Extend the Q100 to terminate at the Q69 terminus---which is only 800 feet away from LaGuardia Depot.

2. (Credit for this to Bounad Hahnic in another thread):

revisit the idea of an unbalanced schedule for the Q100 that restricts service to Rikers' Island to shift changes and inmate visiting hours, and terminating all other Q100 service in Steinway, with stops added on 20 Avenue at Crescent Street, Steinway Street, and 49 Street. and on 21 Street at 23 Avenue and 35 Avenue.

proposal 1) What would serve rikers then ?

proposal 2) This looks to me like you want to sacrifice route mileage for route duration.... Quite frankly, I think the current 100 makes more sense than what you're suggesting here (it's a quicker LTD that best serves the riders that it does).... You're bastardizing the Q100 into a slower LTD that would only run to rikers during shift changes & visiting hrs.... Don't agree with this at all....

And also.... If the aim is to lure steinway (the neighborhood) riders from having to put up w/ the 101 if they're going to QBP, At best, I would only add 1 Q100 stop somewhere b/w [steinway/20th, inclusive] & [the current stop by the parking lot, short of the bridge] - While leaving the current 100 service pattern alone.....

Edited by B35 via Church

Just goes to show how biased he is about & against bus service in Manhattan.....

Y'know some'n... come to think of it, routes that do dupe the subway, more often than not, do tend to be rather slow (B25, Bx39, Bx1/2, Q60, etc)... But to bring up the fact that the Q32 dupes the subway as to why it's slow, to me, it's just hating for the sake of hating (for lack of a better term) on buses that happen to run in manhattan.....

Regarding the Q113 LTD, I agree with you... I don't think the MTA realizes just how important the 113/113LTD is.... I'd go as far as to say it's the most important route in all of the rockaways....

Regarding the Q6 LTD & Q10 LTD.... I dunno, what stops would you add to those routes, respectively ?

proposal 1) What would serve rikers then ?

proposal 2) This looks to me like you want to sacrifice route mileage for route duration.... Quite frankly, I think the current 100 makes more sense than what you're suggesting here (it's a quicker LTD that best serves the riders that it does).... You're bastardizing the Q100 into a slower LTD that would only run to rikers during shift changes & visiting hrs.... Don't agree with this at all....

And also.... If the aim is to lure steinway (the neighborhood) riders from having to put up w/ the 101 if they're going to QBP, At best, I would only add 1 Q100 stop somewhere b/w [steinway/20th, inclusive] & [the current stop by the parking lot, short of the bridge] - While leaving the current 100 service pattern alone.....

Isn't Q101 use at QBP or to Manhattan in general really weak?

Isn't Q101 use at QBP or to Manhattan in general really weak?

From QBP itself to manhattan it's weak (most wait for the 32 or the 60, but will take the 101 if it comes first over the 60)....

From other points along the route to manhattan, I would say 101 usage is weak to moderate....

What's your point ?

Edited by B35 via Church

im reposting my link to the my q33 proposal because a rude person decided to negatively rate it down to further his q32 proposal.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218345366120084192601.0004ddb64f107088db650

thanks to that rude person i had to delete my link..

err yeah ok there are worse here.

its cause of rude person (frederick) trying to further his stupid route expansions and saying my idea is stupid saying the q33 can be syphened off to like the q23 q49  and merging with the q32 etc.

Edited by BreeddekalbL

yeah your right,

while im here since there is a brooklyn to JFK bus route and queens to jfk route and a bronx to lga in the works and queens to lga would there be a need for a bronx to JFK route?

No, there is no need for a Bronx JFK route. The Bronx is usually targeted for LaGuardia. Edited by Q43LTD

You confirmed my hunch. Is steinway under served?

- The neighborhood, I wouldn't say so, no.....

- The street... It isn't so much that it's underserved, as much as it is the route suffering from delays; throwing uniformity all out of whack.... this is why sometimes you could be standing waiting about 1/2 hour for a Q101 (either direction).... This doesn't necessarily mean headways should be decreased; under current headways, I'd say the route gets fair/moderate usage on average....

would the x51 be worth reviving? im proposing some changes different than when it last ran.

No - pretty much everyone who wants a quick ride into Manhattan from Flushing and points east can take the Flushing vans, which were significantly faster than the old x51 (and a lot cheaper as well - they're probably $2.75 or $3 by now.)

It also parallels the Port Washington Line, which gets fairly good service frequency during off-peak hours (for a LIRR branch, anyways)

yeah your right, 

while im here since there is a brooklyn to JFK bus route and queens to jfk route  and a bronx to lga in the works and queens to lga would there be a need for a bronx to JFK route?

You can take a Q44 or Q50 to the AirTrain at Jamaica. It's really pointless having a route stretch the extra distance to JFK when the AirTrain already does it, is faster, and costs no money for the MTA to operate.

Probably not....

But what changes would you propose that differ from the last rendition of the route?

im working on that

finished working on it 

x51 revival is a rush hour route, terminates at central park.

via kissena blvd and via LIE/HHE  via queens midtown tunnel both ways,

in manhattan 6th ave dropoffs, 5th ave pickups and 40th street pickups.

route is based at college point as an MTA BUS route,

stops noted with stickys and pickup and dropoffs.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218345366120084192601.0004de31812f33e79df94

Edited by BreeddekalbL

yeah your right,

while im here since there is a brooklyn to JFK bus route and queens to jfk route and a bronx to lga in the works and queens to lga would there be a need for a bronx to JFK route?

Already proposed one called Q51 co-op city to JFK via bayside and queens village and rosedale via clearview and cross island and conduits. It goes to end at lefferts airtrain before going back via nassau expressway but read my other post. In general end to end bronx to JFK won't be used much due to Q44 to airtrain. But Q50 to Q44 is a bit much and time consuming. No a bus shouldn't use the van wyck. My aim wasn't end to end travel. It was to create a new connection to eastern queens and link eastern queens to not only JFK but to places beyond see Brooklyn bus' B22 idea. This makes previously long tedious trips shorter and possible via transit I do not think the x51 needs to return unless you have it go directly to LES to Chinatown good luck competing against the cheaper vans something has to give to make it work. Should buses really be $6 to reach Manhattan?

Already proposed one called Q51 co-op city to JFK via bayside and queens village and rosedale via clearview and cross island and conduits. It goes to end at lefferts airtrain before going back via nassau expressway but read my other post. In general end to end bronx to JFK won't be used much due to Q44 to airtrain. But Q50 to Q44 is a bit much and time consuming. No a bus shouldn't use the van wyck. My aim wasn't end to end travel. It was to create a new connection to eastern queens and link eastern queens to not only JFK but to places beyond see Brooklyn bus' B22 idea. This makes previously long tedious trips shorter and possible via transit I do not think the x51 needs to return unless you have it go directly to LES to Chinatown good luck competing against the cheaper vans something has to give to make it work. Should buses really be $6 to reach Manhattan?

I thought this Q51 of yours was dead?

What are the odds that the Q43 will be extended to, say, North Shore - LIJ once Q43 SBS gets up and running? There's not particularly much around the current Q43 terminus.

Proposed stops east of Springfield:

Winchester Blvd/Hillside

Commonwealth Blvd/Hillside

Little Neck Pkwy/Hillside

268th St/Hillside

80th Av/Langdale St

North Shore-LIJ

(Speaking of which, how is SBS going to work on a line that has no locals while the limited service is operating? Are they going to create some sort of Q43 local, or are they going to breathe some new life into the Q1?)

-The AirTrain is faster than pretty much every other mode of transport out of Jamaica to JFK, including private transportation so it's not "time consuming".

-Assuming that you're picking up people in Rosedale, Queens Village, and Bayside, it's going to be just as slow, if not slower, than the current Q44 LTD, which already has subway-like stop spacing. These Queens commuinities are already linked by the Q27, and the amount of jobs in these areas (and the low amount of jobs in Co-op) mean that there is no reasonable ridership base for any sort of route like this.

-Did you not read the whole thing I posted in the Manhattan thread? There is a reason most routes don't really do outer-borough service - New York is ridiculously centralized on Manhattan, and this has not changed over the past century. Creating new, long, routes is just going to result in low ridership, low reliability, and high fuel costs that the MTA cannot pay.

-Trips using your route are still "long and tedious", because MTA still runs the slowest bus service in the nation, and not even limited service will change that (The Q58 LTD still runs at 7mph, doesn't it?)