Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

I meant replacing the Q48 with the Q25, to connect Jamaica with LGA with a limited route.

The Q34 goes on the exact same route past Flushing...

I rather the Q34 do that routing or maybe even thigh Q50 if it was to give the Bronx a connection to the airport. The Q25 is good up in College Pt and a change like that will confuse many of the current riders.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it would be better with other routes absorbing Q42 it doesn't actually have to be Q44 but that was the first route that came to mind as the Q44 goes all the way to merrick blvd anyway and the extension would probably be no more than 10 mins anyway but when you look into how long the Q44 is I can see why you would make the argument against such an extension as If Q44 gets delayed then Q42 riders are screwed it that your stance?

No, any combination adds running time. That doesn't do any good when it comes to costs. The Q42 is an easy route yes but have you seen the turnaround for the Q42? Did you take into account for that? The route is good as is.

Q42 has nothing to do with the overall idea of decentralization just a random merger. I do question Q42's existence sometimes too. If you looked into all of my proposals and mashed em together you would realize how they would work and how they create a sort of 2nd system not based on manhattan you can see how it relates to decentralized transit networks. In order for you to understand you must also have an understanding of these transit networks NICE,SCT,LIRR, and NJT. As well as intercity services hint shortline service route X-495.

Well you do have a point I did admit there are other routes that may be better candidates than the Q44 that are shorter. I am aware of the van wyck see.  ;)  Hint: super

You question the Q42's existence... Do you even know why it didn't get eliminated in 2010? Just give it up. Like it was mentioned before, the Q42 is a feeder route for Jamaica Center. Where do people go from there? School in every direction on the bus and/or work with the train. The farthest north I can say someone heads north is Queens College, which is already served by the current Q44 and the plethora of other buses.

Of course you don't see the problem w/ merging two routes like the Q44 & the Q42... You seldom ever do - and THAT is the problem.

Q44 being reliable doesn't have a damn thing to do with Addisleigh Park riders..

Thank you!

Since the qm21 is declining in ridership i suggest we elimnate it and route 5 x63 trips from the qm21 terminal to the regular x63 manhattan terminal 

what say you guys since it got caught up with routing this or that bus route to lga etc?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

One off the top of my head is the traffic on 57th Avenue. There are a lot of supermarkets in that area, so you'll see a lot of double parking in terms of trucks. That isn't every day, but when the supermarkets make their deliveries, trucks will double park, despite how thin the road is. By the time it will be delayed. Also, certain Q38 skip the Christine Ave portion to save time, although it barely saves them time. Also midday loads can be unbalanced. As some may have more rider than others.

The southern portion is where the real problems start. Double parking there coulf have more impact on the schedule on top of the 57 th Avenue corridor. That has happened before. The Q38 also goes through thin streets in Juniper Valley.

Also, in Rego Park, the line gets boggled by the number of lights on 63 Drive. Also, on the schedule, it says it takes 7-8 minutes from 69 st/Eliot to Queens Center, which is not the case. Some can take more, some as scheduled, ad the above cases con contribute to it.

Before I posed that question to you, That's what I was thinking maybe the case (unbalanced loads) leading to bunching....

I have seen evidence of that on the Q38 (while waiting for either the Q67 or Q54 over by the (M))....

what say you guys since it got caught up with routing this or that bus route to lga etc?

Since the qm21 is declining in ridership i suggest we elimnate it and route 5 x63 trips from the qm21 terminal to the regular x63 manhattan terminal 

Already had a discussion about that, back when you brought up that kid frederick's suggestions from the forum's facebook page....

I'm of the opinion that really, any improvement to the Q48 would boost ridership (and my proposal wouldn't make local-spaced stops, so it would also be faster than the current Q48). Plus, I get the feeling that if the DOT or MTA ever got the idea for this in their heads, they would try and promote it the same way they're doing with the study on Bx41 SBS to LGA.

An increase in usage I'm not doubting.... That much is evident, since the Q48 starts from scratch; emanating from (the heart of) flushing due west towards LGA, whereas the 25 would still have at least 1 rider on the bus heading towards LGA after it left flushing.... Saying this another way, it allows for more room for growth... I get that part.....

My concern with combining some other flushing based route w/ the Q48 is the service that would be maintained due to such a change.... They may try to promote it (a bus b/w Jamaica & Flushing to LGA), but it would likely be with less service than what the Q25 currently gets going towards college point.... This is why I would rather keep the 25 (in this particular case) remaining going to college point than to divert it to LGA....

And since when was the Q44 reliable?

Nah, that's one thing I will give the MTA credit on.... When they threw artics on the Q44, it did remain reliable......

And since when was the Q44 reliable?

It was reliable when I took it several times LOL

if QM21 is losing ridership fast then eventually it's better to just drop the route completely too many alternatives around it. They can make their way to x63s or LIRR or other means it is very evident.

I rather the Q34 do that routing or maybe even thigh Q50 if it was to give the Bronx a connection to the airport. The Q25 is good up in College Pt and a change like that will confuse many of the current riders.

or M60 LOL next and final stop flushing main street with SBS added it won't be too bad.

if QM21 is losing ridership fast then eventually it's better to just drop the route completely too many alternatives around it. They can make their way to x63s or LIRR or other means it is very evident.

or M60 LOL next and final stop flushing main street with SBS added it won't be too bad.

It evident that the (MTA) is slowly eliminating the QM21 which isn't a bad idea. You can see from the amount of service it gets. Before It used to have PM service to Manhattan and AM service from Manhattan but that all got cut and the number of MCI's at BP has decreased as well. More of those QM21 riders are taking the Q111/Q113 or Q85 to Jamaica to catch the (E)(F)(J)(Z). So I wouldn't be surprised if that route gets cut completely I would say a few rider may go to the X63.

If you looked at, say, Google Maps, you would see that through running via LGA is impossible... (Or at least extremely convoluted...)

Do you even do the slightest bit of research about the routes you want to alter?

Edited by bobtehpanda

If you looked at, say, Google Maps, you would see that through running via LGA is impossible... (Or at least extremely convoluted...)

Do you even do the slightest bit of research about the routes you want to alter?

well it can be done just make the loop then go back to 94th street then enter GCP to northern blvd or serve ditmars. It can serve terminal A on manhattan bound trips only nice try. Try again. I do question is do you do the slightest bit of research about the roads in the area at all or traffic patterns clearly you have proven that you do not. You actually think Q70 has no way to counter GCP traffic clearly you don't read much.

In bold please stop making up lies.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

About the Q41 is it underserved?

No it gets decent ridership during the day but around 6:30-7:00 ridership dies down and that's why it runs 20 to 30 minutes. Most trips there are about 10 ppl on the bus to Jamaica at night but the bus still gets good service to Howard Beach.

No it gets decent ridership during the day but around 6:30-7:00 ridership dies down and that's why it runs 20 to 30 minutes. Most trips there are about 10 ppl on the bus to Jamaica at night but the bus still gets good service to Howard Beach.

I see even in lindenwood then again you barely see cars there driving around.  so aren't there many blacks by the Q113 local's far rockaway segment the segment not shared with Q113 LTD?

and hispanics too. I noticed a good bit of traffic in that area originating from brookville blvd from laurelton and Q84 has almost nothing to lose with a gamble on that fact.

About the Q41 is it underserved? 

No it's not underserved.... Current usage is deserving of the current headways on that route....

Route doesn't need a service decrease or a service increase.....

There are a lot of blacks on the 113. Local and limited. And don't you dare tinker with my home route.

+1 on both fronts....

There are a lot of blacks on the 113. Local and limited. And don't you dare tinker with my home route.

I don't plan to I was just looking at similarities between areas served by Q113 local and areas served by Q84 to confirm a suspicion I was having about area traffic. Many around laurelton go shopping to places by where the Q113 is at say lawrence on rockaway blvd and green acres nothing to do with Q113 itself but the area it serves if you get my drift try not to jump to conclusions that aren't true. I see the LTD on Q113 needs more span of service what would you suggest?

Based on information gathered I think these changes can be done for SE queens:

Q5 LTD extends half trips to rosedale 253rd street at 149th ave via the same routing as the X63 adding local service to that area that currently only has the X63 these trips will be slightly adjusted to meet LIRR trains at rosedale LIRR AM and PM.

Other Q5 LTDs can go to green acres PM only the other Q5 local buses at green acres get rerouted to frances lewis blvd and replace Q111 chedarhurst these runs will also meet LIRR trains at rosedale.

Note:Unitickets will be encouraged I think unitickets on LIRR should cover any NYCT feeder bus route and some M manhattan buses as well as selected subway lines of course they would need the special entrance after showing it to the booth person or something else.

At AM green acres trips are not changed but some Q5 short turns can replace the Q111's chedarhurst trips with a bit more service than the Q111 provides 15 to 20 min headways these trips will time with the LIRR along with extended Q5 LTD runs.

Improving connectivity to LIRR can be nice and with Q5 doing chedarhurst potential links to other parts of queens.

The rest a bit later Hint: a certain route can get helper service since it's headways suck.

Q5 LTD extends half trips to rosedale 253rd street at 149th ave via the same routing as the X63 adding local service to that area that currently only has the X63 these trips will be slightly adjusted to meet LIRR trains at rosedale LIRR AM and PM.

Other Q5 LTDs can go to green acres PM only the other Q5 local buses at green acres get rerouted to frances lewis blvd and replace Q111 chedarhurst these runs will also meet LIRR trains at rosedale.

Note:Unitickets will be encouraged I think unitickets on LIRR should cover any NYCT feeder bus route and some M manhattan buses as well as selected subway lines of course they would need the special entrance after showing it to the booth person or something else.

At AM green acres trips are not changed but some Q5 short turns can replace the Q111's chedarhurst trips with a bit more service than the Q111 provides 15 to 20 min headways these trips will time with the LIRR along with extended Q5 LTD runs.

Improving connectivity to LIRR can be nice and with Q5 doing chedarhurst potential links to other parts of queens.

The rest a bit later Hint: a certain route can get helper service since it's headways suck.

You're talking about extending the Q5 Rosedale branch to where the X63 ends? How about no? Then you talk about extending the 5 to Cedarhurst?! See why the Q86 was discontinued and the Q111 has only 2 trips to Cedarhurst. The only thing I would do for the Q113 is extend the limited hours by an hour. Edited by Q43LTD

You're talking about extending the Q5 Rosedale branch to where the X63 ends? How about no? Then you talk about extending the 5 to Cedarhurst?! See why the Q86 was discontinued and the Q111 has only 2 trips to Cedarhurst. The only thing I would do for the Q113 is extend the limited hours by an hour.

the chedarhurst service is select trips only and where the x63 ends would get Q5 LTD weekday extension only no locals there. Dude Q86 was a stupid dinky route what did you expect. I am not proposing full-time service to where X63 ends just Q5 LTDs at rush hour a very short extension too.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

the cedarhurst service is select trips only and where the x63 ends would get Q5 LTD weekday extension only no locals there. What is Q86?

How about no trips to Cedarhurst. The Q86 was a Rosedale shuttle that between Rosedale LIRR and where the X63 ends. It was discontinued in the mid 90's due to low ridership. It ran during rush hours.

well it can be done just make the loop then go back to 94th street then enter GCP to northern blvd or serve ditmars. It can serve terminal A on manhattan bound trips only nice try. Try again. I do question is do you do the slightest bit of research about the roads in the area at all or traffic patterns clearly you have proven that you do not. You actually think Q70 has no way to counter GCP traffic clearly you don't read much.

In bold please stop making up lies.

Thats quite a roundabout routing, especially if the M60 is still going to the Marine Air Terminal. Its probably bad time-wise, so the current setup would be optimal (a westbound LGA route to Manhattan, an eastbound one to Flushing, and the through route on Astoria Blvd). The only thing less than optimal about it is that the eastbound route is the Q48 and not sime sort of through route to another hub.

I see even in lindenwood then again you barely see cars there driving around.  so aren't there many blacks by the Q113 local's far rockaway segment the segment not shared with Q113 LTD?

and hispanics too. I noticed a good bit of traffic in that area originating from brookville blvd from laurelton and Q84 has almost nothing to lose with a gamble on that fact.

Pardon me, but what is the purpose of categorizing the race of bus riders?

the chedarhurst service is select trips only and where the x63 ends would get Q5 LTD weekday extension only no locals there. Dude Q86 was a stupid dinky route what did you expect. I am not proposing full-time service to where X63 ends just Q5 LTDs at rush hour a very short extension too.

The more complex a service becomes, the less non-regular riders will be able to understand it. The amount of people stranded at springfield and HHE late night because of the q27 short turns is pretty high, and we shouldnt extend the same situation to people trying to get to cedarhurst unless its something like a third or half of trips.

Thats quite a roundabout routing, especially if the M60 is still going to the Marine Air Terminal. Its probably bad time-wise, so the current setup would be optimal (a westbound LGA route to Manhattan, an eastbound one to Flushing, and the through route on Astoria Blvd). The only thing less than optimal about it is that the eastbound route is the Q48 and not sime sort of through route to another hub.

Pardon me, but what is the purpose of categorizing the race of bus riders?

The more complex a service becomes, the less non-regular riders will be able to understand it. The amount of people stranded at springfield and HHE late night because of the q27 short turns is pretty high, and we shouldnt extend the same situation to people trying to get to cedarhurst unless its something like a third or half of trips.

You do know since January, the 27 runs the entire route overnight.

You do know since January, the 27 runs the entire route overnight.

Well, yes, but that doesnt make the situation that preceded ot any better. My point was that unless it's a pretty substantial percentage of trips, we should try and limit the possibility of these situations occurring due to varying service patterns.

Well, yes, but that doesnt make the situation that preceded ot any better. My point was that unless it's a pretty substantial percentage of trips, we should try and limit the possibility of these situations occurring due to varying service patterns.

Sadly he (QJT) doesn't get that.

lol... these changes from information you gathered....

The only thing that makes sense out of this is having Q5 LTD's go to green acres....

There is no point in having any of the short turn trips running longer than the Q5's that already go to green acres...

The Q86 was a Rosedale shuttle that between Rosedale LIRR and where the X63 ends.

It was discontinued in the mid 90's due to low ridership. It ran during rush hours.

Which goes to show you that those folks did not want the LIRR.....

lol... these changes from information you gathered....

The only thing that makes sense out of this is having Q5 LTD's go to green acres....

There is no point in having any of the short turn trips running longer than the Q5's that already go to green acres...

Which goes to show you that those folks did not want the LIRR.....

I just lol'ed at "based on information he gathered"