Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

Did what I say fly completely over your head? The (7) is so frequent that most of the time there are zero waits at all the transfers are less than 1 min apart and the wait is non existent most times there are no waits. Q19 however will not get so long and connects vernon blvd to upper manhattan via M60 connection at astoria. Plus B62 is a very short walk from queensboro one can say extend this B32 or 62 to link with the (N). But then again with the waits for buses being stupid long even 3 subway lines can be faster which is sad but true. They are growing BUT are they willing to change their travel that is the question.

The problem with the QBP transfer is that yes, the (N) & (7) are both relatively frequent, but it's still a transfer. You still have to get out of your seat and walk across the platform. (And then you have to do it again to catch the (G)).

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did what I say fly completely over your head? The (7) is so frequent that most of the time there are zero waits at all the transfers are less than 1 min apart and the wait is non existent most times there are no waits. Q19 however will not get so long and connects vernon blvd to upper manhattan via M60 connection at astoria. Plus B62 is a very short walk from queensboro one can say extend this B32 or 62 to link with the (N). But then again with the waits for buses being stupid long even 3 subway lines can be faster which is sad but true. They are growing BUT are they willing to change their travel that is the question.

Let's not get riled up over nothing here...

Like checkmate said, it's still a transfer. And, the (G) is NOT that frequent, and the transfer between it and the (7) is a long passageway. People would flock to having a one-seat ride, so there definitely is demand.

Let's not get riled up over nothing here...

Like checkmate said, it's still a transfer. And, the (G) is NOT that frequent, and the transfer between it and the (7) is a long passageway. People would flock to having a one-seat ride, so there definitely is demand.

Only if that one seat ride is fast enough and has compareable travel time. I see you are giving Q103 a secondary purpose and duplication argument can't be used since B32 serves the waterfront that is your stance correct?

Only if that one seat ride is fast enough and has compareable travel time. I see you are giving Q103 a secondary purpose and duplication argument can't be used since B32 serves the waterfront that is your stance correct?

I guess you could say that.

There is demand for travel b/w Astoria & [Williamsburg/Greenpoint]....

Just like there's demand for travel b/w [williamsburg & park slope] & [clinton hill & park slope]....

If it were to ever become reality that the G ran up to Astoria, I guarantee that wouldn't only be a 4 car line.... Nor would you see as many ppl as you do on the N/Q in Astoria..... The number of ppl. running over to catch G's at Court sq. after coming off the subway (which also includes the E/M, but still) is increasing......

But since the G will never go that far north, the next best thing is to make your way over to the N/Q......

Getting to the N/Q from north Brooklyn is a PITA.... This is one reason why I think a direct bus route b/w Astoria & [Williamsburg/Greenpoint] would pan out for the better.... Instead of some ppl. proposing to send 32's downtown, to me it'd make more sense to run em up to Astoria.... You already have the 62 running b/w QBP area & downtown brooklyn via the northern part of bklyn..... There is nothing that directly connects that part of Brooklyn to Astoria......

But as is, they may as well not even come out w/ this B32.... That's the way I see it.

Astoria does have a nightlife scene, and yes, residents of Williamsburg, Park Slope, any area with lots of "hipsters" do frequent the area. The (7), not to mention the (N) and (Q), aren't particularly frequent at night, and to ask those people to connect to the (G) and possibly miss their train at ungodly hours of the night is not something that should be done.

Nah, not to the projects.....Up there along where the Q69 serves, over by Ditmars blvd subway (or somewhere in that area)....

Personally, I would just combine it with the Greenpoint leg of the B24, but you could also combine it with the Q103, and just route it via Vernon-Astoria-21st-Ditmars. (Unless you only meant the Ditmars portion when you were referring to the Q69).

....(Unless you only meant the Ditmars portion when you were referring to the Q69).

...is what I was referencing; commercial Ditmars Blvd.

Extending it near or to the astoria projects defeats the purpose.....

That's not going to attract near as many folks in northern Brooklyn or folks residing in Astoria (north of Astoria Blvd) into possibly taking the route....

Astoria does have a nightlife scene, and yes, residents of Williamsburg, Park Slope, any area with lots of "hipsters" do frequent the area. The (7), not to mention the (N) and (Q), aren't particularly frequent at night, and to ask those people to connect to the (G) and possibly miss their train at ungodly hours of the night is not something that should be done.

Ohh FYI my version of Q19 that covers Q103's northern part would run at late night and will in fact continue to court sq eliminating the need to take 3 trains but instead take one bus then the (G) the bus will be timed strategically to keep wait times at a minimum. However you are really intriguing me now I must think about something else. About that nightlife which part of astoria does that nightlife exist? mostly on 30th ave or spread out all over?

Guest MTA Bus

The only thing that I would do to the Q19 is extend it to Astoria Projects. Instead of turning left onto Astoria Blvd, it would turn right and follow the Q102 route.

The only thing that I would do to the Q19 is extend it to Astoria Projects.....

...is what I've been sayin for a minute now.

that segment? What about vernon blvd folk who want LGA? How do you link em to M60?

Before we start talking about linking vernon blvd folk to LGA, how about finding ways to increase ridership around the current service area of the Q103...

...if you can.

Guest MTA Bus

Why can't y'all leave the Q103 alone !!!!! It's fine the way it is. It doesn't need to replaced or combined with other routes. I would rather see a service increase on the Q103.

Edited by MTA Bus

Why can't y'all leave the Q103 alone !!!!! It's fine the way it is. It doesn't need to replaced or combined with other routes. I would rather see a service increase on the Q103.

I rode it, it really is fine the way it is.

Kids..... <_<

The Q103 won't get any more ridership the way it is. It serves nothing of intrest, completely avoids Court Square, and has a host of other problems. This is why I suggested combining it with the Williamsburg-LIC route, and maybe extend it around Ditmars Blvd so there is a reliable connection between two neighborhoods that need a reliable connection.

The Q103 won't get any more ridership the way it is.

It serves nothing of intrest, completely avoids Court Square, and has a host of other problems. This is why I suggested combining it with the Williamsburg-LIC route, and maybe extend it around Ditmars Blvd so there is a reliable connection between two neighborhoods that need a reliable connection.

....Which is why I said what I did to QJT....

But I wouldn't suggest combining it or replacing it with other routes though/either - That is where I agree with MTA Bus (the member)...

I would keep the current 103 around for basic coverage....

I feel like the Q103 is a faster way to get to the (F) and (7). The Q102 takes longer if you're going to the subway.

I would say it is (faster).... That is actually one reason those folks up at the astoria houses bombard the Q18 to get to the N/Q (then to the 7 @ QBP if they so need it), over taking the 102 to N/Q over to the 7.... Don't really blame em either; resorting to taking the 18 over the 102.....

I haven't ridden the 103 in 4 years

I'm more astounded that you remember that you haven't rode it in 4 years... Not missing much of anything though.