Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

Q88 can use LTD only if it gets reliable. The schedule says it runs 3.5 minutes but sometimes a bus takes 10 or 15 minutes to come. The school kids use the Q88 until Francis Lewis Blvd so it will have to be LTD on the Horace Harding expressway. The hours of run can be from 6:50-8:30AM 3:00PM-8PM

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just aplit the 38 with the 88 having a northern halve, and yes it can use a limited. I do take both routes and I do see quite some transfer to the Q88 from the Q38 and vice versa at QCM

The Southern halve would be a Q67 with enhanced headways east of Fresh Pond Road/Metropolitan Avenue

The Q67 will never be able to replace the Penelope Avenue segment... just no.

The Q88 thing I'm still mixed about... I don't think the LTD will do enough to improve RELIABILITY, just speed the route up.

I'm not taking Met service from ANY side of Eliot... they go to Ridgewood and they have a choice between the (L) and the (M). If they really want Metropolitan then they can transfer to the Q54... I don't see why they'd be upset with this.

True. Though they will lose the first stop and the extra seats, and the easy level transfer (they'll have to climb stairs). Wyckoff they'll have to travel longer to get to, though Forest might actually be quicker to get to (via Eliot and Forest instead of the busy, slow Fresh Pond and Metropolitan).

Since I'm sure the Eliot riders west of the cemetery prefer the [counterclockwise] access to Metropolitan, the way to make that work is to loop the other half to Eliot via Mt Olivet Crescent (the street bounding the cemetery), to Fresh Pond and back.

They should really do this, bringing the Eliot half into Ridgewood (as a quicker alternative to the 58), but I'm sure it will never fly if you take the Met. service away from that side of Eliot.

That is exactly what my plan does. I like your idea though. I backed off from axe Q1 after learning its relation to Q43. Q36 full LTD is nice enough thx to little neck extension.

Threxx you clearly did not read. I said NON-STOP between rego park and flushing for Q50. In alternate plan Q38 splits but Q50 only goes to rego park as a result. READ CAREFULLY. Q88 LTD was from Q23 guy originally. So due to that Q50& 38 get more service killing off this asinine argument. What is asinine is creating a bunch of new routes that only put a band-aid on an open wound.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Threxx you clearly did not read. I said NON-STOP between rego park and flushing for Q50. In alternate plan Q38 splits but Q50 only goes to rego park as a result. READ CAREFULLY. Q88 LTD was from Q23 guy originally. So due to that Q50& 38 get more service killing off this asinine argument. What is asinine is creating a bunch of new routes that only put a band-aid on an open wound.

It's not creating new routes, it's SPLITTING the route. You read carefully. And non-stop isn't going to do anything. You don't need to screw current riders with unreliable service to get new ones. The Q50 doesn't need to go anywhere.

.....that only put a band-aid on an open wound.

Thanks for the jock of my nested metaphor there... it's appreciated though... lol....

...And non-stop isn't going to do anything.

Nailed it.

I don't know why people have it in their minds that extending a route (especially one that covers as much territory that the Q50 does) having it run non-stop to an area that's ways away is beneficial for the overall route..... Same notion with creating long-winded routes & wanting to run em as LTD's only - Both of which are methods to detract away from the fact that unnecessarily long routes will end up being the end result of it all....

I mean, (low) Usage is not a problem with the Q50 & doesn't need any further prolonging, well IMO anyway..... It's intra-Queens usage alone has increased (seems like it came out of nowhere too), and the amt. of folks utilizing it b/w the PBP - flushing stint (particularly @ E. Tremont av) also looks like it's increased, compared to the old Qbx1....

If someone wants to extend one of the flushing routes to give rego park service there (to flushing) to, I think the Q50 is one of, if not the worst choice

Edited by B35 via Church

Thanks for the jock of my nested metaphor there... it's appreciated though... lol....

Nailed it.

I don't know why people have it in their minds that extending a route (especially one that covers as much territory that the Q50 does) having it run non-stop to an area that's ways away is beneficial for the overall route..... Same notion with creating long-winded routes & wanting to run em as LTD's only - Both of which are methods to detract away from the fact that unnecessarily long routes will end up being the end result of it all....

I mean, (low) Usage is not a problem with the Q50 & doesn't need any further prolonging, well IMO anyway..... It's intra-Queens usage alone has increased (seems like it came out of nowhere too), and the amt. of folks utilizing it b/w the PBP - flushing stint (particularly @ E. Tremont av) also looks like it's increased, compared to the old Qbx1....

If someone wants to extend one of the flushing routes to give rego park service there (to flushing) to, I think the Q50 is one of, if not the worst choice

With those factors you have a point. Fine Q38 split into 2 Q38 & Q87. Penelope Q87 middle village to flushing. Q38 from ridgewood to rego park untill further notice. Q50 & 38/87 will get enhanced.

The Q67 will never be able to replace the Penelope Avenue segment... just no.

The Q88 thing I'm still mixed about... I don't think the LTD will do enough to improve RELIABILITY, just speed the route up.

About the Q67. I said with Enhance headways east of Metropolitan Avenue/ Fresh Pond Road

The Q67 will operate whatever the current Q38's headways are during the weekend and its current headways on weekends.

About the Q67. I said with Enhance headways east of Metropolitan Avenue/ Fresh Pond Road

The Q67 will operate whatever the current Q38's headways are during the weekend and its current headways on weekends.

The route is already long and winded, we don't need to add sections to it...

What is wrong with just splitting it into two routes?

The route is already long and winded, we don't need to add sections to it...

What is wrong with just splitting it into two routes?

The Q67 ridership isn't strong on weekends. This new portion will increase the ridership of the Q67. Besides its cost per rider is somewhere around $2-3 dollars

Well service can be enhanced to every 30 minutes on weekends because I doubt people would try to catch a bus running every hour

who cares? Q67 is fail. outside weekdays get over it. God look at the mess I started this sort of thing always happens when I post. Although I agree with threxx on Q38. Only reason why I suggested merging em was cause service boosted to 10 mins off peak frequency would have off set unreliability and ending at middle village (M). But if Q50 is getting more riders keeping em separate can work too. Edited by qjtransitmaster

who cares? Q67 is fail. outside weekdays get over it. God look at the mess I started this sort of thing always happens when I post. Although I agree with threxx on Q38. Only reason why I suggested merging em was cause service boosted to 10 mins off peak frequency would have off set unreliability and ending at middle village (M). But if Q50 is getting more riders keeping em separate can work too.

I wonder why....

But yes, we don't need to go around making weird combinations and hybrids of routes...

I wonder why....

But yes, we don't need to go around making weird combinations and hybrids of routes...

They have hidden purposes that many don't see look at the corridors it intersects. There is more to it than that. I guess I got Q23 started. I prefer to think very differently to fing hidden gaps. HINT: interborogh travel without going through manhattan. But through queens.

They have hidden purposes that many don't see look at the corridors it intersects. There is more to it than that. I guess I got Q23 started. I prefer to think very differently to fing hidden gaps. HINT: interborogh travel without going through manhattan. But through queens.

Combing the Q38 with he Q50 makes interboro travel for QBL riders? No, it just creates a winded route...

Enough with the games... it's not funny..

I've proposed a new route serving Kissena Park (south) and Kissena Corridor Kinase. This would be a Q68.

Also, at 27A running to Oakland Gardens, serving 53rd Avenue. Rush only.

See the map to easier understand:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209923832874986141145.0004ceb8ff25cc103eb1e&msa=0&ll=40.751711,-73.770854&spn=0.009379,0.021136

Combing the Q38 with he Q50 makes interboro travel for QBL riders? No, it just creates a winded route...

Enough with the games... it's not funny..

not even close your beyond clueless. You will never see it from that view only from the whole network not BS segment planning boy. What is funny is you guessing wrong completely when trying to figure me out.

not even close your beyond clueless. You will never see it from that view only from the whole network not BS segment planning boy. What is funny is you guessing wrong completely when trying to figure me out.

I don't want to figure you out... the fact that I can't read your mind doesn't make me dumb...

Just spit it out... why do I even bother with you...

I've proposed a new route serving Kissena Park (south) and Kissena Corridor Kinase. This would be a Q68.

See the map to easier understand:

https://maps.google....009379,0.021136

I'd like the Q68 if there weren't two routes known as the Q88 and Q30 a few blocks away... However, there is a lack of direct service from Flushing along that corridor, but I don't think that Booth Memorial is a good route for such a line.

As for that 27A, I think you could combine that with the Q68 actually, not that I even think that corridor merits service...

Edited by Threxx

I don't want to figure you out... the fact that I can't read your mind doesn't make me dumb...

Just spit it out... why do I even bother with you...

I'd like the Q68 if there weren't two routes known as the Q88 and Q30 a few blocks away... However, there is a lack of direct service from Flushing along that corridor, but I don't think that Booth Memorial is a good route for such a line.

As for that 27A, I think you could combine that with the Q68 actually, not that I even think that corridor merits service...

I have a great idea! How about you two STOP talking and suggesting ideas for places that you barely go to or know much about? Saves headache and energy!

See the map to easier understand: https://maps.google....009379,0.021136

- While noble (I guess), I don't see your "Q27a" saving much, if any time over the current 27 local....

You're better off leaving local service on 48th (it's normal route)... That part of the Q27 is probably the quickest portion of the entire route !

- Your Q68 I just don't see the point of.... to run a route down main & shoot across booth memorial, when there are already several other options out of flushing (Q17, Q25, Q65) that serves the areas around booth memorial..... And Nevermind terminating another bus in that same general area as the Q26 (regardless if the 26 is only part time), but forget about bus service along 58th, especially (as was pointed out) since bus service is already existant along HHE 1-2 blocks away.....

err you were to hell with it not even going to take you seriously at this point you don't get the joke party POOPER!!

What joke???????

OK...

This one is of a Q64 extension to Fresh Meadows... the Q88 would be rerouted to HHE along the portion of 73rd Avenue which the Q64 would serve:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004ceca2406fa42fc9dd&msa=0&ll=40.730869,-73.795338&spn=0.075317,0.154324