Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

I had a feeling that was the case MWAHHAHAHAHA. I have a sneaky idea that uses existing resources to cut down operating costs based on how empty some buses are and full the paralleled line next to it is thank you for confirming my theory.

Lemme guess. Something involving extending the Q64?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A reroute of the Q7 and have that go into the Airport to the Post Office

Q6 split runs going to Farmers Blvd and going to Terminal 4 via 150th St

Q111 LIMITED to Francis Lewis Blvd...

Add on more runs to the short trips to Farmers Blvd and 140th Ave

Create a new short trip to 243rd St/Huxley

Q113/Q113 LIMITED remain the same

I've said this before, I'll say it again. Guy R Brewer shouldn't have 2 LTD's

Negative guess again!!!! :lol: I will give you a hint you have to think completely outside the box to figure out what I got at :ph34r: . Abandon your way of thinking Hint: NO ROUTE WILL BE EXTENDED at all to accomplish this. But maximize what you have. Think very differently.

My guess is maximizing little-used routes such as the Q26, Q31, Q76, among others to attract riders to them, taking away ridership from high-volume routes such as the Q27.

Edited by cotb16

My guess is maximizing little-used routes such as the Q26, Q31, Q76, among others to attract riders to them, taking away ridership from high-volume routes such as the Q27.

Negative again but you have a good take on Q31 but it has nothing to do with hurting Q27. Look at ALL routes. Remember any MTA bus has the farebox.

Negative again but you have a good take on Q31 but it has nothing to do with hurting Q27. Look at ALL routes. Remember any MTA bus has the farebox.

None of us can read your damn mind, no point in wasting time trying to guess what you are thinking, just tell us already! Sheesh...

None of us can read your damn mind, no point in wasting time trying to guess what you are thinking, just tell us already! Sheesh...

AWW you killed it I was having too much fun :lol: . To boost QM ridership and speed up Q88. Q88 gets a LTD rush hour peak direction only. AM towards rego park PM towards queens village. Q88 LTD

• These stops all stops in rego park to 108th then next stop Main street

• Kissena blvd

• utopia parkway

• 188th@73rd

• frances lewis blvd

• 213th st

• Springfield blvd

• union tpk then hillside all stops on braddock. Reroute Q88 to cover that Q1 portion.

More service added to Q36/43 allowing LTD fulltime. Q1 can get axed or reduced to rush but only if Q88 gets better reliability. All Q88s make ltd stops on springfield blvd use Q27 for local stops except rush hour.

QM5 at off peak and reverse adds stops at rego park running over QM10 routing 63rd dr towards LIE service rd to manhattan. Then non stop to 164th making LTD stops to springfield blvd continues on original routing to glen oaks. Local passengers excepted at LTD stops in queens except rush hour PEAK Peak remains closed door due to High ridership. BUT if Q88 ridership at the mid stops continues to rise then Q88 LTD becomes full time and QM5 goes back to original route. But ridership would really have to show. Manhattanbound outside rush it's enforced by telling the driver your destination you dip card to disembark and embark if you choose manhattan. This won't apply to queens bound as driver will simply switch farebox after last manhattan pickup so local fare is enforced. However this only can be done on a few lines in BM and QM but not in SI (except lines with no alternative partially) or the bronx due extremely high manhattan bound ridership during off peak. QM20 will stop 34th for transfer to downtown service after becoming downtown service.

If QM5 gains new ridership and manhattan bound riders more service added. If only local then Q88 gains more service to LTD.

Does X68 need fulltime service? If so would extending QM4 help cover hillside?

AWW you killed it I was having too much fun :lol: . To boost QM ridership and speed up Q88. Q88 gets a LTD rush hour peak direction only. AM towards rego park PM towards queens village. Q88 LTD

• Kissena blvd

• utopia parkway

• 188th@73rd

• frances lewis blvd

• 213th st

• Springfield blvd

• union tpk then hillside all stops on braddock. Reroute Q88 to cover that Q1 portion.

More service added to Q36/43 allowing LTD fulltime. Q1 can get axed or reduced to rush but only if Q88 gets better reliability. All Q88s make ltd stops on springfield blvd use Q27 for local stops except rush hour.

QM5 at off peak and reverse adds stops at rego park running over QM10 routing 63rd dr towards LIE service rd to manhattan. Then non stop to 164th making LTD stops to springfield blvd continues on original routing to glen oaks. Local passengers excepted at LTD stops in queens except rush hour PEAK Peak remains closed door due to High ridership. BUT if Q88 ridership at the mid stops continues to rise then Q88 LTD becomes full time and QM5 goes back to original route. But ridership would really have to show. Manhattanbound outside rush it's enforced by telling the driver your destination you dip card to disembark and embark if you choose manhattan. This won't apply to queens bound as driver will simply switch farebox after last manhattan pickup so local fare is enforced. However this only can be done on a few lines in BM and QM but not in SI (except lines with no alternative partially) or the bronx due extremely high manhattan bound ridership during off peak. QM20 will stop 34th for transfer to downtown service after becoming downtown service.

If QM5 gains new ridership and manhattan bound riders more service added. If only local then Q88 gains more service to LTD.

I'm confused, but I believe that the Q88 is fine as it is.

The Q1 cannot get axed. I don't know what you're smoking, but the service is necessary....

What he said

The Q1 actually does better than some routes. The reason that it's the Q43 Local during rush hours and because it duplicates other high ridership routes, it gets ridership.The Q1's QV LIRR branch can get discontinued

What he said

The Q1 actually does better than some routes. The reason that it's the Q43 Local during rush hours and because it duplicates other high ridership routes, it gets ridership.The Q1's QV LIRR branch can get discontinued

I agree with the QV branch, but axing it completely is out of the question.

• Kissena blvd

• utopia parkway

• 188th@73rd

• frances lewis blvd

• 213th st

• Springfield blvd

Just add some stops on the QM5/QM6

Main Street/Union Tpke

77 Avenue/Queens Blvd

71 Avenue/ Queens Blvd

Then express stops to Manhattan

QM4, you can add bus stops as follows

67 Avenue

63 Road

Hoffman Drive/ Woodhaven Blvd

Also, I think there should be an express stop in Maspeth. Just make 2 or 3 buses stop there, and that can be a pick-up/drop off stop

Just add some stops on the QM5/QM6

Main Street/Union Tpke

77 Avenue/Queens Blvd

71 Avenue/ Queens Blvd

Then express stops to Manhattan

QM4, you can add bus stops as follows

67 Avenue

63 Road

Hoffman Drive/ Woodhaven Blvd

Also, I think there should be an express stop in Maspeth. Just make 2 or 3 buses stop there, and that can be a pick-up/drop off stop

Err QM5/6 already stop at main street/union tpk. My proposal turns QM6 open-door in reverse peak and off peak hours as LTD yes stops will be added on queens blvd. QM5 however indirectly acts like a Q88 LTD when it isn't rush hour. QM4/1 helps hillside as super LTD outside rush and reverse peak.

That is part of my plan the previous post feeds off of the idea of Q36 full time LTD thanks MTA. QM4/1 and 5/6 will get adjusted based on their ridership from the restructured boarding policy. QM20 will stop at greenpoint for transfers to B24 then head to downtown BM5 (off-peak only will stop there) Q67 LTD rush hr only goes via rego park and acts as a jewel ave LTD in peak direction since expresses must focus on manhattan bound folk runs via my Off-peak QM4/1 routing.

Q50 enhanced service but merges with Q38(penelope). Q38 eliot retains Q38 designation and via forest ave replaces Q39 there.

B13 merges with Q39 and via a faster routing absorbs parts of Q67. Q39 remaining part absorbs part of Q67 at maurice.

OK... merging the Q50 with ANYTHING is just plain asinine. That route has enough issues, we don't need any extensions.

Take a look at this split. No crazy mergings, no insane extensions, just simply splitting the Q38 into two neat halves. MAP

Since I'm sure the Eliot riders west of the cemetery prefer the [counterclockwise] access to Metropolitan, the way to make that work is to loop the other half to Eliot via Mt Olivet Crescent (the street bounding the cemetery), to Fresh Pond and back.

They should really do this, bringing the Eliot half into Ridgewood (as a quicker alternative to the 58), but I'm sure it will never fly if you take the Met. service away from that side of Eliot.

Edited by Eric B

Since I'm sure the Eliot riders west of the cemetery prefer the [counterclockwise] access to Metropolitan, the way to make that work is to loop the other half to Eliot via Mt Olivet Crescent (the street bounding the cemetery), to Fresh Pond and back.

They should really do this, bringing the Eliot half into Ridgewood (as a quicker alternative to the 58), but I'm sure it will never fly if you take the Met. service away from that side of Eliot.

I'm not taking Met service from ANY side of Eliot... they go to Ridgewood and they have a choice between the (L) and the (M). If they really want Metropolitan then they can transfer to the Q54... I don't see why they'd be upset with this.

I would just aplit the 38 with the 88 having a northern halve, and yes it can use a limited. I do take both routes and I do see quite some transfer to the Q88 from the Q38 and vice versa at QCM

The Southern halve would be a Q67 with enhanced headways east of Fresh Pond Road/Metropolitan Avenue