Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda have to agree

No I do have to agree with Danny Bway JCT-Forest-Hills wouldn't work.

The point is to provide a connection b/w two areas where it is impossible to travel b/w. This route is necessary. Cooper Avenue needs the service, and Central Queens residents need better connections to the Queens Blvd line.

Well actually, you don't always have to make a route to connect two areas unless service is DEMANDED or feasible... Network coverage isn't always necessary.... The awkward moment when I've been to Ridgewood and can tell you that Cooper doesn't need the service.. Most people in the ridgewood/glendale area use the Q54 and Q55, both of which provide very good connections... Central Queens residents can always take one of these buses lol...

Well actually, you don't always have to make a route to connect two areas unless service is DEMANDED or feasible... Network coverage isn't always necessary.... The awkward moment when I've been to Ridgewood and can tell you that Cooper doesn't need the service.. Most people in the ridgewood/glendale area use the Q54 and Q55, both of which provide very good connections... Central Queens residents can always take one of these buses lol...

The Q54 and Q55? The Q55 has no connections, and the Q54 is long and slow. Cooper Avenue is busy as well, and there are a number of residents who would benifit from and use this route...

The Q54 and Q55? The Q55 has no connections, and the Q54 is long and slow. Cooper Avenue is busy as well, and there are a number of residents who would benifit from and use this route...

Q55 connects to Woodhaven Routes, the (J) and a few other buses.... How many times have you been to Cooper Ave Threxx? Seems that you have been all around the world with all these horrid ideas you make -_-

Edited by Astoria Line

Q55 connects to Woodhaven Routes, the (J) and a few other buses.... How many times have you been to Cooper Ave Threxx? Seems that you have been all around the world with all these horrid ideas you make -_-

The Q55 connects to the J at the East end and the L and M in ridgewood. The Q54 has subways at both ends including a qbl train. If people really want qb, they can transfer to a number of buses along both routes which can reach various points along queens Blvd.

You're being really open-minded @Danny...

Have you been on the Woodhaven routes? Queens Blvd is not at capacity on the local, and the Q55 is also slow. Why would anyone backtrack to 111th Street to take the (J) back to Manhattan? None of that makes sense....

You're being really open-minded @Danny...

Have you been on the Woodhaven routes? Queens Blvd is not at capacity on the local, and the Q55 is also slow. Why would anyone backtrack to 111th Street to take the (J) back to Manhattan? None of that makes sense....

Actually............... I read and analyze your ideas when you put them...... It's just that you make ideas for a route for everywhere in the world when in fact you probably have never been there....

The (L) and (M)? Sure, use the (M) if you want to be late, or use the (L) if you want to be packed like sardines after Bedford...

The (L) isn't even that bad... Sometimes trains bunch up. So one train will be packed then the next one 2 minutes later is empty.... Happens a lot actually when I think about it.... I took the (L) everyday for 3 years I would know this... I have experience to back up what I say.. And if you take the (L) everyday, you get used to it, I did..... and it isn't as bad as you make it out to be, Lexington Ave routes and the (E) and (7) are WAY worse... The (L) is really bad during PM rush not AM

Dude, I've lived in bushwick. Commuted thru ridgewood woodhaven and everything inbetween. It's fine as is. I've used it. And if you havens noticed, most lines during rush hour are like sardines. If you post a comment like that, me thinks you've never ridden the Lex. This is New York. Where getting from point A to point B is more important than a seat. When you realize this, your route planning will improve.

Edited by Far Rock Depot

Actually............... I read and analyze your ideas when you put them...... It's just that you make ideas for a route for everywhere in the world when in fact you probably have never been there....

Everywhere in the world? :lol:

You act like I've proposed a line in London or Japan.... and normally, when I am approached by someone more knowledgeable, I surrender, but this is an obvious gap in service here. There is a need for this route.

Dude, I've lived in bushwick. Commuted thru ridgewood woodhaven and everything inbetween. It's fine as is. I've used it. And if you havens noticed, most lines during rush hour are like sardines. If you post a comment like that, me thinks you've never ridden the Lex. This is New York. Where getting from point A to point B is more important than a seat. When you realize this, your route planning will improve.

I realize this, but you also must realize that you must also cater to convenience when possible....

Everywhere in the world? :lol:

You act like I've proposed a line in London or Japan.... and normally, when I am approached by someone more knowledgeable, I surrender, but this is an obvious gap in service here. There is a need for this route.

Just because there is a gap in service doesn't mean it needs a route lol... Actually the gap isn't very good cuz you have myrtle not too far away so that just makes your argument invalid... But you never answered my question... have you actually been in cooper ave or glendale before? (other than boring atlas park)

The idea of route planning is not to cater to convenience. First you must cater to demand. Example: demand-service to Queens Blvd from the rockaways thus, the Q52. Convenience- extending the q52 to Mott Ave. And the demand was fulfilled by using an already existing route. If there's a demand for your service, logically existing routes will be adjusted first. But there is no demand. It's an idea that seems good(to you) on paper. As commuters, it's not needed. People adjust their commute to schedules and routes. One does not need to backtrack to 111th still. But simply leave with enough time to take the bus to the L, one of the best lines out there hence is large ridership, or the MTA, which finally eliminated the need for a transfer at essex.

The idea of route planning is not to cater to convenience. First you must cater to demand. Example: demand-service to Queens Blvd from the rockaways thus, the Q52. Convenience- extending the q52 to Mott Ave. And the demand was fulfilled by using an already existing route. If there's a demand for your service, logically existing routes will be adjusted first. But there is no demand. It's an idea that seems good(to you) on paper. As commuters, it's not needed. People adjust their commute to schedules and routes. One does not need to backtrack to 111th still. But simply leave with enough time to take the bus to the L, one of the best lines out there hence is large ridership, or the MTA, which finally eliminated the need for a transfer at essex.

This is actually true, but that dosen't mean I don't think the route isn't necessary. But I can see why Glendale commuters wouldn't use it....

The Q55 connects to the J at the East end and the L and M in ridgewood. The Q54 has subways at both ends including a qbl train. If people really want qb, they can transfer to a number of buses along both routes which can reach various points along queens Blvd.

That's the problem in Ridgewood. Having to transfer to get everywhere. If the 55 went further, at least to Jamaica-Van Wyck, then it would be a little easier (When they suggested eliminating the 56, they should have added extending the 55 in its place, and they would have had a better chance at pulling that off).

But yes, Bwy-Jct. to Forest Hills is not needed. (You have the (J) to the (E). Ridgewood to Forest Hills is what would be much more needed.