Q43LTD

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made an extension of the Q33 + A few other routes:

http://goo.gl/maps/zhPuQ

I can't comment on the Q33, since I'm not familiar with it.

Q30A: Totally Unnecessary, considering how tight money is.

Q74: Booth Memorial will not attract an adequate amount of ridership, and most people who go from Fresh Meadows to QC take the Q17 or Q88, or walk there, which I did once, round-trip.

Q78: This is a hot mess. You're better off with extending the Q26 to Hollis Hills Terrace, which I do not recommend either. Also, unless you make Laburnum/Oak/Pigeon Meadow/Lithonia one-way streets, bus maneuvering will be painful.

I have brought this idea up before, but not in this thread...

IMO I think the Q5/Q85 should have some type of saturday LTD service.. Shorter than weekday LTD service though (like maybe 4-7pm, for instance. On weekdays, the last Q85 LTD to Rosedale leaves Jamaica at 8:45). I say this because, whenever I take them on the weekends in the PM hours they get very crowded.. LTD service could speed everything up.. Even at like 9-10pm, the 2 routes get very crowded on weekdays AND saturdays.. But that is just my opinion...

IMO I think the Q5/Q85 should have some type of saturday LTD service.. Shorter than weekday LTD service though (like maybe 4-7pm, for instance. On weekdays, the last Q85 LTD to Rosedale leaves Jamaica at 8:45). I say this because, whenever I take them on the weekends in the PM hours they get very crowded.. LTD service could speed everything up.. Even at like 9-10pm, the 2 routes get very crowded on weekdays AND saturdays.. But that is just my opinion...

Same thing with the Q17 and Q25.

I made an extension of the Q33 + A few other routes:

http://goo.gl/maps/zhPuQ

Q30A: Nope. I think the Q26 should go to QCC

Q33: I'm sorry but the Q33 is perfect as it is now, and the Q47 already serves 69th St

Q74: Nope. Revive it as how it was pre 2010, and have it run on Vleigh Pl (not Main) and give it longer headways, that will work IMO

Q78: This is a very random route lmao

Same thing with the Q17 and Q25.

With the Q17, at least in Jamaica, it is very frequent and doesn't get very crowded often in the rush hour from what I have seen... Does it get more crowded towards Flushing?

I already know about the Q25 lol... oh boy.. I am going from Jamaica to Flushing with some peeps this week and I am def avoiding the 25 and looking to catch the 44 or 65 (I am orion 5 hunting lol)

LTD won't reduce crowding, It will make the route faster.

LTD won't reduce crowding, It will make the route faster.

It will reduce crowding on LTDs... Most peeps get off either along the local stops in Merrick or Rochdale actually so most of them will flock to Green Acres buses (LCLs) instead of Rosedale buses (LTDs)...

With the Q17, at least in Jamaica, it is very frequent and doesn't get very crowded often in the rush hour from what I have seen... Does it get more crowded towards Flushing?

I already know about the Q25 lol... oh boy.. I am going from Jamaica to Flushing with some peeps this week and I am def avoiding the 25 and looking to catch the 44 or 65 (I am orion 5 hunting lol)

Yes, the Q17 is frequent, but not very reliable. Usually, when I wait for a Flushing-bound 17 at the 182nd Street and Hillside Avenue bus stop on an early weekday afternoon, I need to wait for approximately 12 minutes, and usually at least five other buses come before the Q17.

Once, my friends and I had to wait for 45 minutes. Granted, it was raining pretty hard, which might have caused delays, but four Q43's, and basically at least two buses from every other bus route came by before the Q17 did. It was quite unpleasant.

And yeah, the Q25 totally needs LTD service on weekends, or at least more service. The Q65 needs more service too.

Both routes get packed along Kissena Blvd. It's not uncommon for the bus to be so full, that people need to temporarily get off the bus in order for others to get on and insert their metrocard.

The Q17 pretty much empties along HHE and 188th Street, so I see why the it doesn't look so full in Jamaica.

Yes, the Q17 is frequent, but not very reliable. Usually, when I wait for a Flushing-bound 17 at the 182nd Street and Hillside Avenue bus stop on an early weekday afternoon, I need to wait for approximately 12 minutes, and usually at least five other buses come before the Q17.

Once, my friends and I had to wait for 45 minutes. Granted, it was raining pretty hard, which might have caused delays, but four Q43's, and basically at least two buses from every other bus route came by before the Q17 did. It was quite unpleasant.

And yeah, the Q25 totally needs LTD service on weekends, or at least more service. The Q65 needs more service too.

Both routes get packed along Kissena Blvd. It's not uncommon for the bus to be so full, that people need to temporarily get off the bus in order for others to get on and insert their metrocard.

The Q17 pretty much empties along HHE and 188th Street, so I see why the it doesn't look so full in Jamaica.

Really? Whenever I wait for the Q3 or Q77, at least 2,3, or 4 Q17s come but that is during rush hour (at 179th and Hillside)... 45 minutes? Sheesh I would've walked or something lol..

The Q17 does not need weekend LTD service. That route is empty because everyone uses the Q25 and the Q65. The Q25 and Q65 should be considered first for daily LTD service, as well as the Q5. The Q85 doesn't need Sunday LTD service, but it could use Saturday LTD service.

I'm serious.... I don't know what that's in reference to......

I was thinking this:

it happens a lot of times in this video

anyway: I tried to get the Q103 down to where the B24 makes its turnaround loop... That's pretty stupid, eh?

The Q103 can't even accomplish it's current purpose, how do you expect it to have another?

SCIENCE!

(dun dun dahh)

I dont even know what the Q103's original purpose is.

Edited by VWM

lets split the Q38 like this

[url=

How?

You can say the same for East New York, North East New York.

I was being serious with that. South Jamaica is a seperate neighborhood from Jamaica. As for East NY, well I guess Broadway Junction's like a subneighborhood on the border of East NY & Bushwick, so same thing. The point is that the reputation is probably worse.

It will reduce crowding on LTDs... Most peeps get off either along the local stops in Merrick or Rochdale actually so most of them will flock to Green Acres buses (LCLs) instead of Rosedale buses (LTDs)...

Not to mention that limiteds reduce the runtime, meaning more frequent service can be run with the same number of buses on the road.

The Q17 does not need weekend LTD service. That route is empty because everyone uses the Q25 and the Q65. The Q25 and Q65 should be considered first for daily LTD service, as well as the Q5. The Q85 doesn't need Sunday LTD service, but it could use Saturday LTD service.

According to statistics, the Q17 got

22,382 weekly weekend riders in 2011. The Q25 and Q65 received 18,857 riders and 14,668 riders, respectively. I never said that the 17 needed daily LTD service, but I'm just letting you know that the Q17 gets crowded everyday, but not at every point of its route or every time of the day.

smh... The Q34 does not operate on weekends, and I said the Q65, not the Q64.

I meant Q65, jesus. And you still need to count the Q34, because if the Q25 were to get full LTD service, I'd make an arrangement like that of the Q20 and Q44...