Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

I'm back with a few more ideas:

Q17: I've also happened to notice some Northbound PM LTD's little under half full but I wouldn't eliminate them completely. Instead I'd just reduce the frequency to 9-10 min.

Q26/27: Short turn a small few Q27's to/from the Q26's path to eliminate retire/replace the route altogether (peak directions only during Rush Hours only).

Q46: Extend time frame of Westbound AM LTD's up 'til ending at 9:15. As for the PM there'll be LTD's (Westbound) at 2:30-6:00 PM. (sorry still had to mention this ;).

Q77: Extend to 147 Av better connect with Q111 & Q113 as folks don't have to walk to 145th to catch the bus.

Q83: Re-extend to it's original terminal at QV LIRR to better ridership along the Cambria Heights area.

Q17- I've noticed that they bunch and don't get very full, I see them whenever I take the Q3/Q77, I think that line has a little too much service

Q26 - I always thought that it should go to QCC, as it seems that it doesn't even get that much riders on Hollis Ct. Blvd

Q46- I've only taken the route during the PM from LIJ to Union Tpke, so I can't comment. But i know that the route gets packed

Q77 - This idea is brung up a lot, but thank god I live in that area now so I can talk about it. Springfield Blvd becomes a very narrow 2 way street after 145 Rd. I'm going to tell you two reasons why it won't work.

1.) Not much ppl even ride the Q77 to 145 Rd as it is, it always becomes empty either at F Lewis/Springfield or Springfield/Merrick. I live near the last stop and whenever I take the Q77 during the PM rush, I'm always the only passenger when the bus gets to Merrick.

2.) No one coming off the Q77 at 145 Rd wants the Q111, everyone that gets off there, lives by 145th Av/Rd mostly...

There are school kids who may want the Q111 by IS 231 (over on Springfield/S Conduit) but little did I know, there are Q111 and Q85 school trippers heading to Jamaica and Rosedale, so that is covered..

A lot of ppl have come up w/this idea, but I never thought about it until I moved to Springfield Gardens myself..

Q83 - my friend says not many ppl are on near Springfield, so that could work. Whenever I take it, I either get off at Farmers/Murdock (for the Q3) or Murdock/F Lewis (for the Q77)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cool seeing MTA take over RIOC and having red buses. But they probably will repaint or wrap the bus.

Ah.... no. They'd increase fares on in, no one would ride it then, and the (MTA) would cut it. RIOC is fine as it is and i'd like to have a different color of buses in NYC than white.

Doesn't the Q102 connect with the (F) as well.

In any case, I think the Red Bus runs a little more frequently than the Q102, right?

Much more frequently, and yes, the Q102 connects to the (F). (No one gets on there, though...)

I'm back with a few more ideas:

Q17: I've also happened to notice some Northbound PM LTD's little under half full but I wouldn't eliminate them completely. Instead I'd just reduce the frequency to 9-10 min.

Q26/27: Short turn a small few Q27's to/from the Q26's path to eliminate retire/replace the route altogether (peak directions only during Rush Hours only).

It's better to get rid of P.M. rush hourly LTD service to Flushing on the Q17, because they are never full, and the Q27, with more ridership, does that as well (not having P.M. rush hour LTD service to Flushing).

Regarding short turning a few Q27's, I don't think it will be liked by people who can't read much English, because they would be surprised that it is going on Parsons Blvd instead of Kissena, or Hollis Court Blvd. instead of going on 47th Avenue.

This is the third time I've mentioned extending the Q26, but I think it could be extended to Queens Village via. Horace Harding and Bell Blvd, followed by Union Tpke and Springfield Blvd. to give riders a faster and less crowded trip to Flushing, and it could relieve some more crowding on the Q27 without passing through QCC, which is a place that could aggravate some passengers.

Edited by Q64Extention

This is the third time I've mentioned extending the Q26, but I think it could be extended to Queens Village via. Horace Harding and Bell Blvd, followed by Union Tpke and Springfield Blvd. to give riders a faster and less crowded trip to Flushing, and it could relieve some more crowding on the Q27 without passing through QCC, which is a place that could aggravate some passengers.

How would that aggravate passengers? I wasn't aggravated when I went through there.

Plus, if you extend the Q26, you also have to think about future demand for weekend service, which the MTA can't afford right now.

How would that aggravate passengers? I wasn't aggravated when I went through there.

Plus, if you extend the Q26, you also have to think about future demand for weekend service, which the MTA can't afford right now.

It could be somewhat frustrating for some impatient people for the Q27 to turn around at QCC, as well as to crowd with a bunch of students from QCC and Cardozo. It's just my assumption.

It could be somewhat frustrating for some impatient people for the Q27 to turn around at QCC, as well as to crowd with a bunch of students from QCC and Cardozo. It's just my assumption.

I see what you mean, but you must not assume what the riders will think unless you frequently go through the area, I have riden the Q27 and it isn't frustrating, in fact during rush hour and busy times, ppl are used to it, who isn't used to seeing a lot of students on the bus at rush hours? I think it should just terminate at QCC, Queens Village service isn't highly demanded...

If it was extended to QV then weekend service as a supplement to the Q27 would be demanded BUT if it were extended to QCC as I stated, most demand would be during the weekdays only as that is when most students are in the school and that is when it is busiest.. There is a higher possibility for the Q26 to be extended to QCC during the weekdays only instead of it going to QV at all times IMO...

OKAY OKAY! Let's forget about. God.

How about the idea of heavily revising the Q20b, which I touched upon before? It could be renamed the Q14, which bridges the route number gap in the Q10s section, unless someone decides to discontinue the Q19. This new route replaces the Q14, Q34, and Q74. It will go from Whitestone:7 Avenue/Clintonville Street. to Kew Gardens: Queens Blvd. From K.G, it will run via the Q74 until 73rd Ave. where it will immediately turn right, followed by a left on 150th Street and a right on Melbourne Avenue, which allows people to go to THHS or Queens College. Then, it turns left on Kissena, followed by another left on Booth Memorial, making it easier to reach Queens Hospital from Kissena Blvd. After that, the Q14 turns right on Main Street, and continues down until Northern Blvd, where it takes a right. Then, it makes a left on Linden Pl., following the current Q34 route until Willets Point and 149th Street. Instead of taking 149th St. like the old Q14, the new one could take 150th Street, because riders who live close by to both streets don't have to risk missing a Q15 while waiting on 149th, or missing a Q14 while waiting on 150th, and neither bus have much service. The Q14 continues down until 7th Avenue, taking a right and terminating on Clintonville.

This could cause the Q34 and the Q15A to be discontinued. Also, the Q76 can go to College Point Blvd via. 14th and 15th Ave. instead of 20th Ave. to supplement for lost Q20b service, and they are both weekday-only so it's all good. Regarding that, the new Q14 could still run as a weekday-only bus because the original Q14, Q20b, Q34, and Q74s didn't/don't run on weekends. The Q20a could just be the Q20.

OKAY OKAY! Let's forget about. God.

How about the idea of heavily revising the Q20b, which I touched upon before? It could be renamed the Q14, which bridges the route number gap in the Q10s section, unless someone decides to discontinue the Q19. This new route replaces the Q14, Q34, and Q74. It will go from Whitestone:7 Avenue/Clintonville Street. to Kew Gardens: Queens Blvd. From K.G, it will run via the Q74 until 73rd Ave. where it will immediately turn right, followed by a left on 150th Street and a right on Melbourne Avenue, which allows people to go to THHS or Queens College. Then, it turns left on Kissena, followed by another left on Booth Memorial, making it easier to reach Queens Hospital from Kissena Blvd. After that, the Q14 turns right on Main Street, and continues down until Northern Blvd, where it takes a right. Then, it makes a left on Linden Pl., following the current Q34 route until Willets Point and 149th Street. Instead of taking 149th St. like the old Q14, the new one could take 150th Street, because riders who live close by to both streets don't have to risk missing a Q15 while waiting on 149th, or missing a Q14 while waiting on 150th, and neither bus have much service. The Q14 continues down until 7th Avenue, taking a right and terminating on Clintonville.

This could cause the Q34 and the Q15A to be discontinued. Also, the Q76 can go to College Point Blvd via. 14th and 15th Ave. instead of 20th Ave. to supplement for lost Q20b service, and they are both weekday-only so it's all good. Regarding that, the new Q14 could still run as a weekday-only bus because the original Q14, Q20b, Q34, and Q74s didn't/don't run on weekends. The Q20a could just be the Q20.

- Too many unnecessary turns between kew gardens & flushing for what you're suggesting (your "Q14" or w/e)...

For all of that, you may as well have 20b's run between union tpke. subway station (old Q74 terminal) & college point (via 14th av)....

- You move the Q76 away from the mall & you defeat the purpose of the route even going to college point....

- How much service do you plan on giving whitestone ?

- Too many unnecessary turns between kew gardens & flushing for what you're suggesting (your "Q14" or w/e)...

For all of that, you may as well have 20b's run between union tpke. subway station (old Q74 terminal) & college point (via 14th av)....

- You move the Q76 away from the mall & you defeat the purpose of the route even going to college point....

- How much service do you plan on giving whitestone ?

-I'm trying to have the line go around Queens College like the previous 74 did, but maybe you're right. It would probably be unnecessary.

Also, I'm trying to give a supplement for Q34 service and old Q14 service, so the Q34 and Q15A could be discontinued.

-The Q76 go to 20th Avenue via. 132nd St. and terminate at the mall.

- It will operate every 10 minutes during A.M. rush, 25 minutes during Noon, 13 minutes during P.M. rush, and 20 minutes during the evening. Some rush hour buses can terminate at Flushing-Main Street from Whitestone or Kew Gardens.

Correction: The old Q14 operated on weekends too, but I guess it could be discontinued,

Edited by Q64Extention

-I'm trying to have the line go around Queens College like the previous 74 did, but maybe you're right. It would probably be unnecessary.

Also, I'm trying to give a supplement for Q34 service and old Q14 service, so the Q34 and Q15A could be discontinued.

-The Q76 go to 20th Avenue via. 132nd St. and terminate at the mall.

- It will operate every 10 minutes during A.M. rush, 25 minutes during Noon, 13 minutes during P.M. rush, and 20 minutes during the evening. Some rush hour buses can terminate at Flushing-Main Street from Whitestone or Kew Gardens.

Correction: The old Q14 operated on weekends too, but I guess it could be discontinued,

Yup, I know the Q76 runs along 20th & ends at the western end of the mall....

You said earlier though that the 76 could run to college pt. blvd via 14th/15th avs to supplement for lost 20b service..... What I was getting at is, that would avoid the mall completely - which is the reason the (current) 76 gets usage within college point (the neighborhood) for the most part.....

What I was saying was that the Q76 could remain on 14th Ave. until 132nd Street, where it heads to 20th Avenue.

Maybe the Q20 could terminate at 132nd Street and 14th Avenue so the other side of 14th Ave. can be covered, turning around via. 133rd Pl. and 14th Rd.

The Q10 isn't that long enough to have the 'A' route be revived. PLUS, people would rather just take the AirTrain.

May I also add that, it is easier to bring bags onto a train than onto a bus... And isn't the AirTrain faster?

I always see a lot of ppl in the Sutphin Blvd-LIRR station on the (E) transferring to the AirTrain