Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

Me the CP Man even though I live in Flushing doesn't like the Q64 plan to Brooklyn. I agree with Q64 Extension that the 64 should go to Fresh Meadows like I said before. People like that direct route to 71st and having a bus on bothsides of it means that people already on the bus will make seats limited and leaving people at the bus stop especially when the bus comes every 20 minutes. Fresh Meadows will increase ridership have overnight service if service is real good and maybe LTD since the route will be longer.

This would be my list of LTD stops if the Q64 went to Fresh Meadows and service increased a lot.

188st 64 AVE

Horace Harding Expressway 188st

Horace Harding Expressway Utopia Parkway

164 st Horace Harding Expressway

Jewel Ave 164st

Jewel Ave 162st

Jewel Ave Parsons Blvd

Jewel Ave Kissena Blvd

Jewel Ave 150st

Jewel Ave Main St

Jewel Ave 140st

Jewel Ave 138 st

108st 71Ave Queens Blvd (E)(F)(M)(R) Station.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I think you'd be better off just adding a little service to the Q66. It pretty much parallels it for the whole route.

As soon as I saw the mapped out route, I said the same thing......

Besides...

If there was terminal space, I would extend the Q49 now, but there is no terminal space...

.....how is it that there's no terminal space in flushing for an extended Q49, but there would be space to terminate this "Q45" in flushing......

As soon as I saw the mapped out route, I said the same thing......

Besides...

.....how is it that there's no terminal space in flushing for an extended Q49, but there would be space to terminate this "Q45" in flushing......

Still haven't worked that one out fully yet... I was thinkng it could pass through and go a bit further east...

Most of the riders from Astoria go to Northern away because the Q66 is faster and has lots of places of interest. The only reason why I would keep the Q19 is because of the elderly or people who want to go to the Astoria Pool.

Not necessarily, most ppl in Astoria actually go to the Q69. The Q19 is for those who don't necessarily live near the Q69 and a lot of ppl during the rush use it as an option to the overcrowded M60 (if they are going to the Astoria Blvd station).

Not necessarily, most ppl in Astoria actually go to the Q69. The Q19 is for those who don't necessarily live near the Q69 and a lot of ppl during the rush use it as an option to the overcrowded M60 (if they are going to the Astoria Blvd station).

The core of the Q19's ridership is in East Elmhurst (mainly between 108th and 92nd Sts).

I think Q25 local service should be discontinued during peak-directional rush hours, or even throughout the day, so Kissena Blvd and Parsons Blvd. would be somewhat less congested. There should be more Q34 service during those hours, too. However, the real problem is the Q17 and Q27, which clump like crazy. There should really be better management with these two lines, like having some Q17s terminating at Queens College and some Q27s terminate at Flushing Hospital during rush hours, because running five lines, including the Q65, on a narrow-ish, traffic-filled street is quite a pain in the butt, literally. However, I occasionally see four Q17s back-to-back on 188th Street on Saturdays, and none of the buses have many passengers. This nonsense has got to stop. :angry:

One that I would make to even out the route network, albeit it would eliminate a north-south route on 127 Street: reroute the Q41 from 109 Avenue to Linden Boulevard, and have the Q41 pull into Resorts (at the Q37 stand). The Q41 would then run on Rockaway Boulevard from X-Bay to 114 Street, on Linden Boulevard from 114 Street to Sutphin Boulevard, and then take the Q6 route into Jamaica.

A corresponding move would be to reroute the Q40 as follows: Northbound via 142 Street...continue on 142 Street to the Van Wyck Expressway, onto the Van Wyck service road, right at Liberty. Southbound, take the Q9 route to Remington Street, left at Remington, and then use 142 Street.

Another move I would make: extending the Q47 to Metropolitan Avenue and Trotting Course Lane to give better access to work sites in that area.

I think Q25 local service should be discontinued during peak-directional rush hours, or even throughout the day, so Kissena Blvd and Parsons Blvd. would be somewhat less congested. There should be more Q34 service during those hours, too. However, the real problem is the Q17 and Q27, which clump like crazy. There should really be better management with these two lines, like having some Q17s terminating at Queens College and some Q27s terminate at Flushing Hospital during rush hours, because running five lines, including the Q65, on a narrow-ish, traffic-filled street is quite a pain in the butt, literally. However, I occasionally see four Q17s back-to-back on 188th Street on Saturdays, and none of the buses have many passengers. This nonsense has got to stop. :angry:

On weekdays, some Q17 trips terminate at 188 and Horace Harding, turning around at 188 and 64 Avenue. Now, an argument could be made that the Q65 should use Parsons Boulevard and 46 Avenue instead of Bowne Street and 45 Avenue, and with that, I would agree.

Edited by aemoreira81

On weekdays, some Q17 trips terminate at 188 and Horace Harding, turning around at 188 and 64 Avenue. Now, an argument could be made that the Q65 should use Parsons Boulevard and 46 Avenue instead of Bowne Street and 45 Avenue, and with that, I would agree.

I am aware that a lot of Q17s terminate at 188 and HHE on weekdays, but I'm talking about having northbound 17s terminate at Kissena Blvd. and HHE. Also, I don't agree with placing the 65 on 46th and Parsons, because ridership is stellar just the way it is, and 45th and Bowne are less congested than 46th and Parsons, respectively, and the Q65 would copy the unpopular Q26. I somewhat believe that the Q27 should go on Parsons instead of Kissena, because there is slightly less traffic, and that Holly Ave. gets a bit narrow, but that would kill ridership.

One that I would make to even out the route network, albeit it would eliminate a north-south route on 127 Street: reroute the Q41 from 109 Avenue to Linden Boulevard, and have the Q41 pull into Resorts (at the Q37 stand). The Q41 would then run on Rockaway Boulevard from X-Bay to 114 Street, on Linden Boulevard from 114 Street to Sutphin Boulevard, and then take the Q6 route into Jamaica.

A corresponding move would be to reroute the Q40 as follows: Northbound via 142 Street...continue on 142 Street to the Van Wyck Expressway, onto the Van Wyck service road, right at Liberty. Southbound, take the Q9 route to Remington Street, left at Remington, and then use 142 Street.

Another move I would make: extending the Q47 to Metropolitan Avenue and Trotting Course Lane to give better access to work sites in that area.

err no just restructure those Q17 trips

Ok here is Instafix to this nonsense reroute those select Q17 runs have em go non stop from kissena to rego park via LIE or service road as traffic permits market the hell out of this service to attract new transit ridership reducing car use.

The buses on Kissena are not that problem all your doing is creating a worst problem. The if anything the Q25's LTD should be runned later and on Saturdays and Sunday's. But the problem is that these buses don't come as fast as the bus map says that's why if those darn Guide A rides were up at least riders can get a better idea of when the bus is suppose to arrive.

During A.M Rush the Q25 run 10 mins and LTD runs 10 mins and the Q34 12 I believe. But sometimes a regular 25 takes 12 minutes and a LTD is right behind it. And forget about those Q34's they come when ever they want sometimes 20 minutes.

So I really believe the Q34 should be eliminated and have Q20B's serve whitestone to Jamaica. So that will mean the Q25 will be alone with its LTD. A lot of times the Q25 gets backed up because it has to wait for the Q34 to be a distance ahead of it.

The buses on Kissena are not that problem all your doing is creating a worst problem. The if anything the Q25's LTD should be runned later and on Saturdays and Sunday's. But the problem is that these buses don't come as fast as the bus map says that's why if those darn Guide A rides were up at least riders can get a better idea of when the bus is suppose to arrive.

During A.M Rush the Q25 run 10 mins and LTD runs 10 mins and the Q34 12 I believe. But sometimes a regular 25 takes 12 minutes and a LTD is right behind it. And forget about those Q34's they come when ever they want sometimes 20 minutes.

So I really believe the Q34 should be eliminated and have Q20B's serve whitestone to Jamaica. So that will mean the Q25 will be alone with its LTD. A lot of times the Q25 gets backed up because it has to wait for the Q34 to be a distance ahead of it.

agreed Q34 is just plain useless NOBODY uses it north of flushing I don't even think it's unique routing deserves a replacement. I saw it there guess how many riders were on it ZERO!!!!!!!

Since when was the Q44/Q20 bus stop swapped w/ the Q17 bus stop along Merrick (at the terminal) ?

Now the Q17 stops on the corner of Merrick/Archer.....

I'll go one further & say the Q19 is for people seeking the train station itself.....

The core of the Q19's ridership is in East Elmhurst (mainly between 108th and 92nd Sts).

Exactly.

However, I occasionally see four Q17s back-to-back on 188th Street on Saturdays, and none of the buses have many passengers. This nonsense has got to stop. :angry:

Straight from a resident of the area himself.... Thank you.

like I said earlier in this thread, I would trim Q17 service a little & give that service to SE Queens riders.....

Yes, the 17 gets packed.... but OTOH there are also quite a bit of (basically) empty buses running along the route.....

People tend to believe that just about every 17 is crowded; that is just not true......

....Another move I would make: extending the Q47 to Metropolitan Avenue and Trotting Course Lane to give better access to work sites in that area.

- If it's not extending the 47 to Myrtle av, it's extending the 47 to Woodhaven blvd.....

- Haven't heard anyone make that argument, and I doubt they would.... The 65 should be kept separate from running with the 27 along 46th....

Just to Clarify the Q25 local Runs every 10 mins and the Limited runs every 8 mins and the Q34 is 20mins. It's not till after 9AM where the Q34 turns into 12mins.

Something has to be done about Kissena buses. Here's my proposal:

Q17 rerouted onto Main Street b/w HH Expressway & Roosevelt Avenue.

Q25 & Q27 remain on Kissena.

Q34 eliminated, replaced by the Q50 & Q20B, which has increased service.

The thing is that the Q50 is a fairly infrequent route. By having it cover the local stops south of Flushing, you increase the potential for delays for Queens-Bronx riders, which is the primary riderbase of the route. Yeah, if worse comes to worse, they could take the Q44 to the Bx5 (and the Bx5 isn't all that frequent either), but what if they actually need Co-Op City? The Q44 doesn't go north enough to connect with routes like the Bx26 & Bx28/38, so that means they'll have to make 2 transfers and pay an extra fare.

Something has to be done about Kissena buses. Here's my proposal:

Q17 rerouted onto Main Street b/w HH Expressway & Roosevelt Avenue.

Q25 & Q27 remain on Kissena.

I would not like the Q17 to operate on Main Street, because Main Street is quite a headache, which would slow down all Q17's- possibly even worse than Kissena Blvd. The Q44 and Q20 are sufficient enough. Also, eliminating Kissena Blvd service would decrease ridership on the Q17, which would make me happier, but that, with the elimination of the Q34, would cause the Q25 to be filled to the brim with riders, unless there was more service added to that line, which would cause extreme bunching.

By the way, I don't think there should be limited service to Flushing on the Q17 during P.M. rush hours, like the Q27, because that is, weirdly, one of the only times the 17 is almost empty, even on Kissena.

What I've always hated about the QBx1 is that the service to/from flushing was no where near as reliable as service b/w co-op city & Pelham Bay Park (6)..... I understand you couldn't have every QBx1 going to flushing, but good lord......

Now that the route's been split up into the Q50 & the Bx23, IMO, the Q50 is just as unreliable as the old QBX1's that did the full route (flushing to co-op), and the Bx23... well, I won't say it's unreliable, it does the job, but it seems to me like b/o's crawl the route on purpose......

Basically what I'm saying is, old QBx1/current Q50 service out of flushing's never been great....

Sometimes you have to wait 40 minutes for that route during Rush hours which is outrageous. I mean they could of least have buses runnin every 12-15 minutes during he rush and outside could remain 20 and later in the evenings 25 or 30.

Now the Q25 and Q34. The Q34 should be eliminated because no one ever really stays on the bus after flushing to Whitestone. It empties out and picks up 3 to 5 people and then it never gets half full or full. Only when the bus is very late it can get to be half full. Now the reason the Q25 is always delayed is because most of time the Q34 comes late and the Q25 comes on time after it and has to wait until the Q34 is at least 5 minutes ahead of it. So here is an example 5:00PM q34 is suppose to come it come 7 minutes later. The Q25 comes at 5:08. Then it passes it now it has to wait for the Q34 to catch up and pass it a little bit. The Q17 Q27 and Q44 don't have a problem with extra service.

There is many routes that should have been cut or eliminated. Such as the Q11 Hamilton beach Q26 Q34 Q20B to Whitestone and just reroute it to Whitestone via the Q34, Q67 weekend service should be cut, Q103, Q111 Cedahurst service. I believe and don't get mad at me that's these routes waste lots of money running especially if the ridership is light such as the Q103 Q26 and Q67.

Sometimes you have to wait 40 minutes for that route during Rush hours which is outrageous. I mean they could of least have buses runnin every 12-15 minutes during he rush and outside could remain 20 and later in the evenings 25 or 30.

Now the Q25 and Q34. The Q34 should be eliminated because no one ever really stays on the bus after flushing to Whitestone. It empties out and picks up 3 to 5 people and then it never gets half full or full. Only when the bus is very late it can get to be half full. Now the reason the Q25 is always delayed is because most of time the Q34 comes late and the Q25 comes on time after it and has to wait until the Q34 is at least 5 minutes ahead of it. So here is an example 5:00PM q34 is suppose to come it come 7 minutes later. The Q25 comes at 5:08. Then it passes it now it has to wait for the Q34 to catch up and pass it a little bit. The Q17 Q27 and Q44 don't have a problem with extra service.

There is many routes that should have been cut or eliminated. Such as the Q11 Hamilton beach Q26 Q34 Q20B to Whitestone and just reroute it to Whitestone via the Q34, Q67 weekend service should be cut, Q103, Q111 Cedahurst service. I believe and don't get mad at me that's these routes waste lots of money running especially if the ridership is light such as the Q103 Q26 and Q67.

I agree with this. Some routes should be cut or changed. Some are for coverage purposes I believe... I never understood the point of the Q103 either, it goes not too far from my school and I don't see much ppl on it, and it has horrible headways and stops running fairly early (6:30 or 7pm, I believe)