Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the N20G/H signs been fixed yet?

No. n20 still don't have G/H program yet.

Speaking off n20, 13:15 n20G Flushing got stuck on snow pile when I was coming out off Station Branch Library at Great Neck.

Since I had orange reflector vest and since I was expert with helping and directing traffic, while bus driver, supervisior and one resident were plowing snows out from inside the bus. While they were during the snow removal, since I was waiting for that n20G back to Flushing, I direct traffic to go around the station plaza.

Have the N20G/H signs been fixed yet?

Route: A1

Direction: Message

Speaking off n20, 13:15 n20G Flushing got stuck on snow pile when I was coming out off Station Branch Library at Great Neck.

Since I had orange reflector vest and since I was expert with helping and directing traffic, while bus driver, supervisior and one resident were plowing snows out from inside the bus. While they were during the snow removal, since I was waiting for that n20G back to Flushing, I direct traffic to go around the station plaza.

I've seen your videos. I don't know if I would call you an expert with helping and directing traffic. An expert should know drivers need to keep their eyes on the road at all times when in motion and not reading signs to honk about bus service. Needless to say, I'd like to know how Nassau police feel about you directing traffic in their county.

Route: A1

Direction: Message

I've seen your videos. I don't know if I would call you an expert with helping and directing traffic. An expert should know drivers need to keep their eyes on the road at all times when in motion and not reading signs to honk about bus service. Needless to say, I'd like to know how Nassau police feel about you directing traffic in their county.

During the August blackout, I stood at 79th St/East End Av T-intersection and my FDNY friend who was checking on house told me good job for directing traffic.

I do have sharp eyes. I threw my poster because it got wet in rain. I help my FDNY friends like when I see my FDNY friends come, I help them since I'm muskot with FDNY. I have friend with NCPD, too.

NYS PL 190.25

A person is guilty of criminal impersonation in the second degree when

he:

3. (A) Pretends to be a public servant, or wears or displays without

authority any uniform, badge, insignia or facsimile thereof by which

such public servant is lawfully distinguished, or falsely expresses by

his words or actions that he is a public servant or is acting with

approval or authority of a public agency or department; and (B) so acts

with intent to induce another to submit to such pretended official

authority, to solicit funds or to otherwise cause another to act in

reliance upon that pretense.

Saying this as someone whos been through the bs police and court system in Nassau (I thought the city was bad) you should probably just stop pretending you're someone you're not and get a job already.

NYS PL 190.25

he:

Saying this as someone whos been through the bs police and court system in Nassau (I thought the city was bad) you should probably just stop pretending you're someone you're not and get a job already.

I wear orange reflector for safety when I get on NICE Bus because Long Island is very dark when it get a night time. I sometimes had to walk on Nassau/Suffolk County street. My LIRR friend at Woodside and Hicksville always give me senior ticket when I'm wearing my safety orange vest that says, "Official LIBRU- NICE Bus-Suffolk County Transit Bus Survey/ Select Bus Service Volunteer."

I don't pretend to be public servant.

I like to help people and my friends.

When I see teacher with school kids on field trip crossing the street, I help, well as my neighborhood in Jackson Heights.

I DO NOT PRETEND. I JUST HELP AS REGULAR PUBLIC. I have seen regular public helping police officers direct traffic.

Back to NICE Bus, n20G line had longest line that strecht all the way to Rotary at Great Neck Station, so n20G/H is costly some people 30-45 minutes extra on their old n20 commute.

Edited by FamousNYLover

NYS PL 190.25

he:

to be fair to yuki  others do the same thing in other parts of the country I have seen people do this in NJ with NJT to help customers when NJT really screws the pooch. Yuki is not the first nor the last there are many like him just not on these boards being annoying.

I wear orange reflector for safety when I get on NICE Bus because Long Island is very dark when it get a night time. I sometimes had to walk on Nassau/Suffolk County street. My LIRR friend at Woodside and Hicksville always give me senior ticket when I'm wearing my safety orange vest that says, "Official LIBRU- NICE Bus-Suffolk County Transit Bus Survey/ Select Bus Service Volunteer."

I don't pretend to be public servant.

I like to help people and my friends.

When I see teacher with school kids on field trip crossing the street, I help, well as my neighborhood in Jackson Heights.

I DO NOT PRETEND. I JUST HELP AS REGULAR PUBLIC. I have seen regular public helping police officers direct traffic.

Back to NICE Bus, n20G line had longest line that strecht all the way to Rotary at Great Neck Station, so n20G/H is costly some people 30-45 minutes extra on their old n20 commute.

We all knew it wouldn't work. It's only driving their ridership down even more. NICE sucks more than ever.

The snow screwed up all routes. On the N6 either all buses were headed to Jamaica, or all buses were headed to Hempstead. The split probably made the N20H on time. If the route wasn't split they'd have been waiting in Hicksville for like an an hour.

We all knew it wouldn't work. It's only driving their ridership down even more. NICE sucks more than ever.

What did the planners say when you all said it wouldn't work?

After elimination of n80/81 and n19 Suffolk County Segment, Sunrise Mall seems to be loosing business.

It's been losing business since Walmart left.

NYS PL 190.25

he:

Damn. #served

Hound do you still keep in touch with the planners/management? I thought you were retired and just kept informed from people still working at NICE (sucks).

The snow screwed up all routes. On the N6 either all buses were headed to Jamaica, or all buses were headed to Hempstead. The split probably made the N20H on time. If the route wasn't split they'd have been waiting in Hicksville for like an an hour.

Directly after the end of the storm when NICE started service again, the n20 was running like the original n20 and doing direct service between Flushing and Hicksville without the split.

Directly after the end of the storm when NICE started service again, the n20 was running like the original n20 and doing direct service between Flushing and Hicksville without the split.

I think they said it was skipping Great Neck because the snow wasn't shoveled there. I think the other routes that terminated at Great Neck weren't running (which if that's the case, I'm surprised they couldn't find a way to short-turn the n25 somewhere). 

Edited by checkmatechamp13

I think they said it was skipping Great Neck because the snow wasn't shoveled there. I think the other routes that terminated at Great Neck weren't running (which if that's the case, I'm surprised they couldn't find a way to short-turn the n25 somewhere). 

That's correct. Great Neck was served from Northern Blvd because the area around the LIRR station wasn't plowed fully yet. Roslyn wasn't served either (viaduct was used) and neither were the colleges (they were served from Northern Blvd), so it was basically the LIMITED all day.

n25 couldn't run when Community Drive is not shoved and I don't think there was no turnaround at Northern Blvd.

n25 couldn't run when Community Drive is not shoved and I don't think there was no turnaround at Northern Blvd.

I said somewhere. I didn't say anything about running it to Community Drive or anywhere near Great Neck. The Q46 terminal at LIJ, maybe one of the LIRR stations if they got a little creative with the turnarounds, there was nowhere where they could run even some partial n25 service?

I said somewhere. I didn't say anything about running it to Community Drive or anywhere near Great Neck. The Q46 terminal at LIJ, maybe one of the LIRR stations if they got a little creative with the turnarounds, there was nowhere where they could run even some partial n25 service?

Long Island was deep with snow in Nassau County, so bus couldn't serve Great Neck. Many businesses in Long Island don't plow snow because their lazy. They don't seem to care about bus stops and plows only their driveways and parking lots.

I remember two months before the NICE hearings i said about making the n20 bypass great neck and have the n21 access it as well as the roslyn bypass for the n20 and n21 access roslyn. ..well now the n20 is splited up in..two and pepolpeople coming from Hicksville the universities Roslyn and manhassat must transfer by law at Great Neck. ..as NICE issues TWO transfers in a period of 2h15 most passengers are actually riding the n20G for ffree. Since the majority of connecting passengers are to transfer to a local MTA Bus or more to know the (7) train

Long Island was deep with snow in Nassau County, so bus couldn't serve Great Neck. Many businesses in Long Island don't plow snow because their lazy. They don't seem to care about bus stops and plows only their driveways and parking lots.

Apparently I'm talking to a wall.

Read my comment again is all I'm going to say. 

After elimination of n80/81 and n19 Suffolk County Segment, Sunrise Mall seems to be loosing business.

Why you always lying why you is lying? If you want to be taken seriously have the decency to not lie. So a bus with 4 people gets cut and business drops you know your wrong have some integrity.

It's been losing business since Walmart left.

Truth the split was due to extreme unreliability of the N20 and the split means people have an incentive to use the train.

Apparently I'm talking to a wall.

Read my comment again is all I'm going to say. 

He isn't able to save your breath.

Damn. #served

Hound do you still keep in touch with the planners/management? I thought you were retired and just kept informed from people still working at NICE (sucks).

Yes-yes &yes.

Needless to say, if I ever saw you doing it in front of me, or pretending to work for NICE, I'd certainly call the police. Since you didn't post the photo here, I assume this is the bus that got stuck courtesy of a public Facebook group:

7CWbIxN.jpg

Nice bus 1730 running on the The N22.the driver doesn't realize he had on 22A til he got to the light.pinepower videos are getting worse after each one.

Good use of our tax dollars on PinePowerLI am I right?

Yes-yes &yes.

Well, thank you for keeping us informed.