NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

Another reason they just need to bring back the n6L, they could still have some n6x trips but the regular n6s are getting slammed. It's getting to the point where you'd be better off grabbing a city bus and backtracking to the n6x bus stop!

I had my own fun a couple nights ago when it took 80 mins for me to get from Carle Place to Westbury because two n22's to Hicksville never showed up, n24 was 20 mins late, and then two n15s came at once. Missed the 35 and had to wait for the next one. There was a time when you'd never have to wait long for a bus along OC Rd to Roosevelt Field but it seems there are alot less buses. But it's not the schedule, but delays, which aren't neccesarily NICE's fault. I dunno what happened with those n22s to Hicksville, 7:52pm and 8:15pm respectively, but I never saw them as I left on the n35 at 8:23pm. Pretty sad I left the Stop&Shop at Country Glen at 7:25pm and wasn't able to get a bus in time for the 7:52pm n35 or one n22, I'd have been better off walking all the way to the RFM bus stop. Heck, it'd have been faster to walk all the way home! I think Nassau needs to give buses traffic light priority, the devices would pay for themselves fairly quickly, in less running time and lower fuel costs. Think of the n24 which loses ALOT of time in FP with the lights on Jericho Turnpike, I bet that's almost 10 mins right there that could be saved!

Lateness is not a new problem, it was a problem with the (MTA) as well, but bunching seems much worse, I think its because these new ppl Veolia is hiring aren't experienced enough to keep a schedule.

Then wasn't it easier to just take the LIRR? I mean, it's only 1 or 2 stops on the LIRR from Carle Place to Westbury.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then wasn't it easier to just take the LIRR? I mean, it's only 1 or 2 stops on the LIRR from Carle Place to Westbury.

It is not easy as you seem.

Carle Place and Westbury has less train service, so it's not best option either.

When trains stop at Carle Place, train does not stop at Westbury according to schedule, so only way Westbury residents are forced to use NICE Bus.

http://mta.info/lirr...effersonPJ2.pdf

Edited by FamousNYLover

It is not easy as you seem.

Carle Place and Westbury has less train service, so it's not best option either.

When trains stop at Carle Place, train does not stop at Westbury according to schedule, so only way Westbury residents are forced to use NICE Bus.

http://mta.info/lirr...effersonPJ2.pdf

Then explain how PinePower in one of his videos got from Carle Place to Westbury by train.

I was by Stop and Shop, on Old Country Rd, in the Country Glen Center, which is nowhere near the Carle Place train station.

Then explain how PinePower in one of his videos got from Carle Place to Westbury by train.

I dont think I've ever taken the train from Carle Place to Westbury or vice-versa. I have walked from Westbury to Carle Place and vice versa to catch the LIRR on weekends, when I didn't feel like waiting for the Westbury train.

• 2 weeks later...

Since there will service changes and schedule changes on December 30 at NICE, I made this thread for discussion on the December 30 changes. Feel free to post

As of now, the only change confirmed is the n6x

NICEbus_Nassau_Inter_County_Express.png

n6x

Effective December 30, 2012

The n6x will make an added stop at Franklin Avenue to accomudiate customers

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

I already posted this.

Why is NICE adding only one stop to the n6x? That route needs at least 3 or 4 more stops to reduce crowding on the local n6.

How 'bout NICE just admits they f**ked up and bring back the LIMITED and cut this crap. Edited by Brett

Can you tell me what street term means by residental, commercial?

The part of the n73 that goes through those neighborhoods with small streets, mainly between Cornflower Rd and Hempstead Tpke (if you look at the n73 map).

Yesterday on my way to victory party for Michaelle Solage's party in Elmont, there was passenger & b/o dispute on 17:15 n6 Jamaica #1765 result of overcrowded which departed HTC at 17:22, 7 minutes late and ramp was working.

I know male B/O.

As male bus driver did very best to pickup some passengers on overcrowded bus, one of male passenger (African color- I don't want to say color people because it's rude) cursed Veolia B/O said, "What part of crowded you don't understand." Passenger cursed him out for no reason, which got argument with Veolia B/O. I know male driver was trying best to get everyone who needs to go home and male driver also cursed that nasty passenger out.

That because of nasty passenger, male B/O told us lie by faking bus break down trying to calm him, "Bus broken down" and all passengers about 40 people were on it.

I was so afraid I told same thing might happened with n22 incident video and bus driver might get assaulted by that passenger.

That nasty male passenger even called cops on him but he left bus somewhere far from Hempstead by McDonald's I think where passenger waiting to board bus were unhappy with nasty passenger.

He even threatend driver to get suspension which one of passengers don't want because if that happened, there could be another driver shortage and missing bus and I don't know if senior male driver on #1756 is working after the incident with 505 Fulton Av.

Near New Hyde Park, police did came and driver right by us and B/O driver I think said, "That passenger has been crazy.)

All passengers who were on bus were happy that crazy nasty male passenger left bus.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Yeah I am surprised more didn't migrate to LIRR. BUT then again LIRR stops nowhere near hempstead tpk.

Exactly, the ridership of the LIRR Hemsptead branch and N6 are really not related at all.

That is sad as N6 is supposed to be more frequent than N1.

During Rush hours going to or from Queens, I look for the N1 first and foremost. The N6 is always crowded and late and bunched.

I don't agree with the Belmont stop because that's why the LIRR is for.

I disagree, the ridership that takes the bus to the Racetrack really has nothing to do with the LIRR.

I don't agree with the Belmont stop because that's why the LIRR is for.

But there isn't regular service to the Belmont LIRR stop, only for those race days. However, people use the n6 bus stop there daily because they work in businesses around the area.

Can you tell me what street term means by residental, commercial?

Residential means that there's very few stores and things like that on that street. The people walking there are mostly the ones who live in that immediate area.

Commercial means that there's a lot of stores on that street. So it's usually a major street like Hempstead Turnpike.

Very little. Most riders use the bus for Hicksville LIRR, Hempstead Tpke, Wantagh LIRR and Merrick Rd.

Look at it's schedule vs the LIRR peak schedule and you will know why there is little ridership not useful enough to reach enough Peak trains to attract ridership. Not frequent enough to attract ridership at peak times. And off-peak times has err zero demand. I don't know why N73 runs on saturday.