New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

5 hours ago, SP13 said:

21203 is at Howell on the 139. Guessing Howell's getting most of the remaining units.

Also, 21237 (Wayne) might either be at Meadowlands or Westwood. It's been alternating between the 167/177 almost exclusively for the last 3.5 weeks but I have occasionally seen it on several Wayne routes for a day or two only to return to the 167/177. It's more of an on-again-off-again situation. I just need confirmation if it has been moved and if so, which garage.

The bus is still at Wayne. Its on the 190 at this time.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, SP13 said:

Also, 21237 (Wayne) might either be at Meadowlands or Westwood. It's been alternating between the 167/177 almost exclusively for the last 3.5 weeks but I have occasionally seen it on several Wayne routes for a day or two only to return to the 167/177. It's more of an on-again-off-again situation. I just need confirmation if it has been moved and if so, which garage.

We at Wayne Garage were training on those lines as well.   

16 hours ago, davemackey said:

Just spotted 5348, a Wash Twp bus, in Asbury Park. Whazzup?

It was there supposedly helping the 830s routes back in April. 6474 from Camden has been missing too, I wonder if that is still up there too. I haven't seen any of those two buses tracking since they went there to help back in April and May. 

On 7/29/2024 at 3:32 PM, SP13 said:

18073 & 18087 are at Meadowlands

19142 is at Washington Twp

21199 is active for Howell on the 64

24010 (on the 159) & 24013 (debuted on the 158) are active for Fairview

10 hours ago, Tranzitfan81 said:

It was there supposedly helping the 830s routes back in April. 6474 from Camden has been missing too, I wonder if that is still up there too. I haven't seen any of those two buses tracking since they went there to help back in April and May. 

I think it was a 6127 replacement

Was 6127 retired? Washington Township is already short buses as 5335 and 5345 were retired and they pretty much borrow whatever they can from Camden now on a daily basis.  Plus I've not seen 5348 or 6474 tracking on those Monmouth County routes in almost two months. 

12 hours ago, Tranzitfan81 said:

Was 6127 retired? Washington Township is already short buses as 5335 and 5345 were retired and they pretty much borrow whatever they can from Camden now on a daily basis.  Plus I've not seen 5348 or 6474 tracking on those Monmouth County routes in almost two months. 

6127 needed repairs so they sent 6474 as a replacement. 6127 is back so idk what happened to 5348 or 6474

Also 21213, 21215, 21216 Rockland Coaches to Ironbound. 

1 hour ago, SP13 said:

18083 EHT to Wayne. On the 164. Appears the EHT mileage swaps are back on.

Apparently its been there for a bit however I didn't have it down for some reason

speaking of the swap, what's been going on with the EHT swaps lately. Nothing really has moved in a while.

Edited by DCTransitFilms

9 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Apparently its been there for a bit however I didn't have it down for some reason

speaking of the swap, what's been going on with the EHT swaps lately. Nothing really has moved in a while.

We are not keeping the decamps, and the rest of the 18s are supposed to head north eventually. 18083 been up north since around Xmas time.

23 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Academy might be giving up their 2020 units next. 20124 is at CMF repainted into the Public Service Livery similar to 6379.

With Coach USA going out of business I'm guessing all 20000s will return to NJT. They probably picked 20124 since it already has the silver base for the PS livery.

On 8/5/2024 at 1:24 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Academy might be giving up their 2020 units next. 20124 is at CMF repainted into the Public Service Livery similar to 6379.

Only 20120-20124 have returned to NJT.

The private bus carrier  committee at NJ transit is a pretty secretive group. How did academy managed to get State buses with full body paint color grey knowing it costs more from factory. In hindsight I understand Academy wanting the buses to match their entire private fleet. 

Edited by Gmansports

1 hour ago, Gmansports said:

The private bus carrier  committee at NJ transit is a pretty secretive group. How did academy managed to get State buses with full body paint color grey knowing it costs more from factory. In hindsight I understand Academy wanting the buses to match their entire private fleet. 

I heard Academy paid for that. It just makes buses harder to move.

1 hour ago, Gmansports said:

12 minutes ago, JAzumah said:

I heard Academy paid for that. It just makes buses harder to move.

heard they also being renumbered to 95635 and 95636 but this is all rumors