New NYMTA Wiki @ TTMG

The Real

After taking the poll and seeing that Option 3 was the clear winner, we've started redesigning the New York MTA Wiki at TTMG Wiki.

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority

Information is a little more indepth, rosters are condensed and a little more organized and better color coded.

The new individual bus depot & subway yard pages are currently being constructed at a rate of 1 page every 1-2 days until each bus depot and subway yard has its own page representing its fleet and routes.

Enjoy the new, more informative NYMTA Wiki at TTMG!

Not bad. But it would be mega awesome to have something similar to the Wikis version of the system. History line by line, car / station history, etc. But may be "dupt" to some.

But still good enough!

This is for current information, not for history purposes.

very nice work, will the trains part get a similar redesign?

Both Buses and Trains have been modified into the new look with the color codes.

As I stated above, both bus depots and subway yards will get their own individual pages. As you can see I've started in on the Bus Depots first.

I see some copyright violations and close paraphrasing without credit in the descriptions of the agencies...

Also, according the footer, everything on the wiki, including images, is GFDL. I don't think that's what you intended.

Other suspected copyvios:

-http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=File:ALP45DP.jpg

-Depot logos (don't know about the legal status of these, I think they're MTA's property)

-Copying from Wikipedia without credit (templates)

I see some copyright violations and close paraphrasing without credit in the descriptions of the agencies...

Also, according the footer, everything on the wiki, including images, is GFDL. I don't think that's what you intended.

-Depot logos (don't know about the legal status of these, I think they're MTA's property)

If your bright light was on, all copyrights are covered in our disclaimer notices/copyright notices page and has been since TTMG's inception in 1998.

Secondly, most if not ALL of the information was pulled from mta.info, also covered in our copyright/disclaimer notice for http://www.ttmg.org as a whole. Some Depot logos given to me from an MTA official and some were photos taken by me from sides of buses. So sit down somewhere or do it movin'...Learn something at age 15.

OH and BTW you might wanna read the Wikipedia Creative Commons Deed which states...

You are free:

to Share—to copy, distribute and transmit the work, and

to Remix—to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution—You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work.)

Share Alike—If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license.

But seeing now that i'm readin the MTA articles on wikipedia, it looks like some of the information posted there are carbon copies from mta.info AS WELL. (Hmmmmm....)

Therefore, shut the ****, don't say nothin to me, don't even look at me.

Stop being ungrateful... It's ok if your jealous :)

or are you just a 9 year old troll?

Man shut the f**k up.....what you know about HTML'ing? Ah yeah nothing.....sit the hell down and go finish ya homework you self-righteous prick!

@ Vintage Soul.......Excellent work sir:tup::tup:

Chile please! Shut yo bumbaclot mouth and read all the disclaimers and all the Wikimedia commons guidelines before ya accuse someone of breaking the law. So sit yo rass down and lay off the haterade.

I see a goddamn hater.... straight up

He always got something slick to say or want to correct everyone. Another person that sit behind a pc and want to act self-righteous and don't know crap about HTML'ing. Instead of giving credit when credit is due he's acting like an internet police once again. Lil kids with no damn respect!

I see a goddamn hater.... straight up

Right!

@Amtrak7 - Some of us have been in this game since before you were born.

Sit your ass down somewhere!

Step away from the keyboard! You have gotten besides yourself lately, and are one post away from a much needed time out! If you have an issue with something, address the person and or the issue.

This is NYC Transit Forums, and if you want to keep hating on MTA, MTA employees, and/or other industry personnel/professionals, and what we do, then go to that other site! You don't seem to be contributing much to this forum anymore.:tdown:

Shape up, or ship out!

Right!

Step away from the keyboard! You have gotten besides yourself lately, and are one post away from a much needed time out! If you have an issue with something, address the person and or the issue.

This is NYC Transit Forums, and if you want to keep hating on MTA, MTA employees, and/or other industry personnel/professionals, and what we do, then go to that other site! You don't seem to be contributing much to this forum anymore.:tdown:

Shape up, or ship out!

He needs to get his out of his f**king ass and stop smelling himself b/c its obvious he smell like shit!

Right!

Shape up, or ship out!

Ow!

I think we should all just chill out a bit and lets get back on topic. Just ignore the haters.. Theres always gonna be one or more on a forum. Lets not make this place look bad!

As I said before, GJ Trevor and keep it up!

Relax, we're having some fun at the expense of someones over-zealousness. Well deserved might I add...

Archived