2011-'12 NHL Thread

Shortline Bus

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Stanley Cup update is presented by Honda the offical cars of the NHL. Well we are guys on the verge of a radically different NHL West Division Final. The Coyotes have beaten the Preds in Nashville tonight (5/4/12) to take commanding 3 games to 1 lead. So by the end of this weekend, we could be having a Phoenix-LA NHL West Final. Normally you would be seeing a Lakers-Suns NBA Playoff series instead.

Thus this deep run in the '12 Stanley Cup playoffs might be enough for the Coyotes to stay in Arizona. Online rumors state that the team which been bankrupt and run by the NHL since 2010 may finally be getting new owners.

Rangers lose this game, basically the same way they did game 2...... first Ovechkin, now Green.....

Series tied 2-2.... Rangers fans blaming poor officiating all over the place... fact of the matter is, none of that changes the fact that they're simply lackadaisical on offense.... Save for Lundqvist, the caps would avg. about like 5-6 goals/game in this series..... too much time of possession in the rangers zone for the capitals......

Well, it's a 3 game series now... rangers better step it up if they want to advance....

Rangers lose this game, basically the same way they did game 2...... first Ovechkin, now Green.....

Series tied 2-2.... Rangers fans blaming poor officiating all over the place... fact of the matter is, none of that changes the fact that they're simply lackadaisical on offense.... Save for Lundqvist, the caps would avg. about like 5-6 goals/game in this series..... too much time of possession in the rangers zone for the capitals......

Well, it's a 3 game series now... rangers better step it up if they want to advance....

Very true my friend. Overall in 1st (4) games of the series, the Caps have overall played better than the Rangers, especially in offensive chances. If Lundqvist did not have a great series and stand on his head, right now this 2nd round matchup would 3 games to 1 DC. Rangers have to pick up scoring or else they might bounced in this or the next round vs Flyers/Devils. Not talking about the 1980's Edmonton Oilers either lol.

This NHL update presented by Geico.

Well the first team to reach the Cup Semifinals(aka NHL West Division Finals)is the suprising LA Kings. LA takes out the brooms and sweep the #2 seed St Louis Blues on Sunday.

Meanwhile the Jersey Devils win game #4 of their series vs the Flyers. NJ now leads that series 3 games to one.

And Rangers/Caps resume on Monday Night at the so called 'world's most famous arena."

Didn't know there was a game on today, let alone that of the Devils series.... so they won today huh....

Most ppl. predicted a Flyers/Rangers ECF (eastern conference final)..... I haven't heard one person mention a Capitals/Devils ECF....

If the Rangers move on, I'd be more worried about facing the Devils.... still think we can get by them in a 7 game set though....

As far as the Kings.... I thought that would be a series that'd go the distance, and quite frankly, better goaltending out of Elliott....

I know the Blues don't do much scoring, but good lord..... two 2 goal games & two 1 goal games.... Yeah, I'd say they deserved to get swept....

At least we now know that the Kings were the better team. It makes me feel a little bit better being a Canucks fan.

Remeber too (B35) and Tokemon until a couple of days before end of the regular season, LA was leading their division and could have easily finished as high as a #3 seed. Instead as the sports world knowns they finished just behind Dallas for the Pacific Division title and got the last playoff spot out west. So in reality, the Kings are not a really #8 seed but probably at least #4-#5 seed if Mr. Quick had any offensive help.

With that said, Quick is making himself among the elite hockey goalies on the planet with this great run. And a very good bet to be the US Hockey Goalie at the next winter Olympics in 2014 as well.

I feel sorry for Joel Ward....that's an asinine penalty to take when you're about to close a game out....

Holtby also has some blame in this too.... his positioning in that game tying goal rather.... off...

The 3rd period, up until a minute or so to go, was a hard watch.... couldn't get anything going.....

Capitals had a chance to make it 3-1, but, you guessed it.... another ringer off the crossbar on a backhand try by Backstrom....

The Rangers did not deserve to win tonight.... They played this game 5 almost as bad as the game 5 in the Ottawa series....

Guess I'll take what the hell I can get.... lol

The fact is Richards made an insane shot... At first I thought it deflected off of another Ranger, then saw the replay.. amazing play... I don't even know how he got that puck elevated let alone the muster he got on it... If it is one guy they've signed that made sense it was Richards...

As for the Coyotes/Predators series... All I can say is the Coyotes didn't deserve that series. Nashville outplayed the Coyotes.

...and the fact is Washington still squandered that game..... too many things had to go wrong for the Capitals (and did) for Richards to even have that chance to put in the game tying goal....

As for the coyotes & predators, don't care about the coyotes.... good chance they'll end up losing to the kings anyway.....

As for the devils potential series clinching game tomorrow, won't watch one second of it.... I don't wanna hear emrick's orgasmic sack riding of the devils...... bad enough us rangers fans gotta put up w/ his love affair for ovechkin in that series; it's clear he wants the rangers to lose & the devils moving onto the finals.....

LOL... I've been watching the Coyotes for most of the season and they're a PITA because they frustrate you. The don't take a lot of penalties, clog up the offensive zone, are well disciplined and well coached and they play well defensively. When you play like they do and have a big guy like Smith in net you can steal a few games or several games as they have this year. They did the same thing to the Blackhawks. Granted the Hawks had goalie problems, but both the Predators and the Hawks were far more gifted offensively than the Coyotes. The thing with them is they know they don't have a bunch of goal scorers so they play sound defensively and then scrap to get a few goals. Notice the last two games... 1-0 Coyotes and 2-1 Coyotes... 3 goals in two games which is less than 2 goals a game and they still win both games. The Predators quite frankly outplayed them in both games, so don't underestimate them. Yes Quick is good in net, but the Kings take a lot of stupid penalties and that could be the difference in the series, especially if they can't find scoring.

I think the NHL just died after the Coyotes got to the Western Conference final.

LOL... It would be even more ridiculous if they won the cup. Let's not kid around here... These guys are mediocre at best. They just clog up the offensive zone.

lol @ both posts...

Parity....

Prepare to hear that word a lot, if the Coyotes end up winnin the cup....

Same argument/point analysts & the media brought up when the Lightning & the Blackhawks won...

Well said B35. However the Blackhawks are from Chicago and is among the top 4-5 media markets in both the US and Canada.

Back to the Coyotes style of play. Can we say the taboo word used by analysts at turn of century(i.e 1999-2003)when the Devils won the cup 2x in 4 years in that era. The "T" aka TRAP System. Seems like the Arizona Coyotes are using that system as well. :P

PS Shifting gears. I never understand why The Coyotes should be called the Arizona Coyotes imo since they play not in City of Phoenix but a suburu of Glendale, AZ. but that another topic. And they now on verge of getting new ownership group as well. Here story from the ABC-TV station in Phoenix.

http://www.abc15.com...-tentative-deal

Well said B35. However the Blackhawks are from Chicago and is among the top 4-5 media markets in both the US and Canada.

Back to the Coyotes style of play. Can we say the taboo word used by analysts at turn of century(i.e 1999-2003)when the Devils won the cup 2x in 4 years in that era. The "T" aka TRAP System. Seems like the Arizona Coyotes are using that system as well. :P

PS Shifting gears. I never understand why The Coyotes should be called the Arizona Coyotes imo since they play not in City of Phoenix but a suburu of Glendale, AZ. but that another topic. And they now on verge of getting new ownership group as well. Here story from the ABC-TV station in Phoenix.

http://www.abc15.com...-tentative-deal

Suburu... Talk about shifting gears... :lol:

Suburu... Talk about shifting gears... :lol:

Yup. Shortline Bus just being Shortline Bus. And at times a crappy speller as well. :D

To show how boring the 1st round of the NBA playoffs has been(and this coming from a guy that is a huge NBA and MLB fan)even WFAN's Mike Francesa who openly admits he dislikes Hockey has been giving alot of time to the NHL. I am sure it's related to the Rangers though. :o

It's over in Philly. The NJ Devils have sent the Flyers packing as they win their 2nd round series in (5) games. Devils advance to the NHL East Finals for 1st time since they won their most recent cup in 2003.

We could be having a Devils/Rangers "Path train" lol NHL semifinal.

To show how boring the 1st round of the NBA playoffs has been(and this coming from a guy that is a huge NBA and MLB fan) even WFAN's Mike Francesa who openly admits he dislikes Hockey has been giving alot of time to the NHL. I am sure it's related to the Rangers though. :o

Told you fat boy don't care about hockey....

I haven't even watched the NBA playoffs & I came to that general conclusion.... It's not accidental that I'm paying a gargantuan amt. of time watching the NHL playoffs this year.... I'm not all that much focused on the Yankees right now either....

of course, a lot of that has to do w/ the Rangers still being in the playoffs !

In game (6) the Caps beat the Rangers 2-1. Score not as close as indicted as Washington could have easily won 4-1 or even 5-1. Lundqvist again proving why he maybe the best hockey goalie on the planet as without him, Rangers would have already lost this series.

Blueshirts must get out of their offensive slump or else the Devils will win the path series it in 5 games. That assuming they win on Saturday.

This is a great chance for Rangers to win it all with all of the pre-cup favorites i.e Pens, Flyers, Cancucks, Blues, Red Wings all on summer vaction. You don't get chances this good that often as blueshirts if they survive the Caps and Devils should be able to beat the Kings or Phoenix.

My prediction for the Finals at this point:

Devils - Kings. Devils win in 6.

A very likely scenrio especially if the Rangers get bounced out Saturday Night vs. the Caps. NJ would then become the favorite of most anaylsts/bookmakers to win this year cup's.

Archived