MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

On 5/28/2021 at 1:51 PM, Snorunts said:

Looks like Manhattan will be all blue & gold by the end of the year or possibly the beginning of 2022.

The 2011-2013 Novabus LFSA’s are still going to be on the M101/102/103 unless those buses are being moved elsewhere. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Snorunts said:

I'm just confused why the MTA logos and vehicle numbers were removed from 0011?

That I don't know.

All I know is that it was involved in an accident along the M42 route sometime ago and it was OOS for quite a while.

It is currently at Northeastern Bus Rebuilders.

If the lease on the electrics were expired. They'd all go back in one shot, not one by one.

Edited by Cait Sith

10 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

That I don't know.

All I know is that it was involved in an accident along the M42 route sometime ago and it was OOS for quite a while.

It is currently at Northeastern Bus Rebuilders.

If the lease on the electrics were expired. They'd all go back in one shot, not one by one.

I just did a quick search of "lease" and post #23768 by @East New York on page 951 of the Deliveries, Moves & Transfers thread shows that the leases ran from Dec 2017-December 2020. 

So I guess it's safe to assume that they decided to keep the buses? And that explains why they made the announcement to order 45 electric buses, and then increase the order by 33% to 60 buses. 

I find it quite funny how the MTA just recently announced that they would be increasing their electric bus order by 33% for a total of 60 buses, when that was the original plan back when the lease program started, as seen quoted below. I don't know if they decided to decrease the number when the pandemic hit,  but that was nothing but a publicity stunt in my opinion to probably receive extra federal funding, and its hilarious how quickly society forgets things.  

3 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I just did a quick search of "lease" and post #23768 by @East New York on page 951 of the Deliveries, Moves & Transfers thread shows that the leases ran from Dec 2017-December 2020. 

So I guess it's safe to assume that they decided to keep the buses? And that explains why they made the announcement to order 45 electric buses, and then increase the order by 33% to 60 buses. 

I find it quite funny how the MTA just recently announced that they would be increasing their electric bus order by 33% for a total of 60 buses, when that was the original plan back when the lease program started, as seen quoted below. I don't know if they decided to decrease the number when the pandemic hit,  but that was nothing but a publicity stunt in my opinion to probably receive extra federal funding, and its hilarious how quickly society forgets things.  

The leases on both fleets were extended a year after the Proterras was OOS for months.

Smh...... No updates to Fleet & Depots since I left 2 years ago? I also see no one is posting any of the exclusive news, fleet updates or contract procurements.  I see you all didn't know the leases were extended till December 2021 either. 

Welp. They say you don't know what you've got till is gone. My information and sources here were questioned one too many times and the last time was the final straw. So I'm just grab some popcorn and see what y'all been talking about.... Or NOT talking about... 😂

Edited by East New York
Typos

1 hour ago, East New York said:

Smh...... No updates to Fleet & Depots since I left 2 years ago? I also see no one is posting any of the exclusive news, fleet updates or contract procurements.  I see you all didn't know the leases were extended till December 2021 either. 

Welp. They say you don't know what you've got till is gone. My information and sources here were questioned one too many times and the last time was the final straw. So I'm just grab some popcorn and see what y'all been talking about.... Or NOT talking about... 😂

Why you gotta do us like that! 😂

Hope you've been having a good one. Sane man for leaving the rest of us nuts here, for real... 

2 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Why you gotta do us like that! 😂

Hope you've been having a good one. Sane man for leaving the rest of us nuts here, for real... 

Lol! Yeah I'm getting too old for to participate in anything that stresses me or does not put money in my pocket. But all is great thanks! Got married 2 years ago tomorrow, and in July I'm buying first house which just so happens to be about 70 minutes from New Flyer. 😉

I do however from time to time wonder what exactly it was that I EVER did to anyone here other than pass off the most reliable Transit exclusives of ALL TIME. 99% accuracy over 10 whole years. 

But so as not to seem like a troll or anything, and not sure if it was mentioned.....

The electric order will be increased to 60 buses up from 45. This now allows for Staten Island to get buses which was originally NOT the plan.  

The rollout will begin Charleston, East New York, Grand Avenue, and Kingsbridge. 

The next order will be for up to 500 buses and the expansion will include 8 depots to start. 

7 minutes ago, East New York said:

Lol! Yeah I'm getting too old for to participate in anything that stresses me or does not put money in my pocket. But all is great thanks! Got married 2 years ago tomorrow, and in July I'm buying first house which just so happens to be about 70 minutes from New Flyer. 😉

I do however from time to time wonder what exactly it was that I EVER did to anyone here other than pass off the most reliable Transit exclusives of ALL TIME. 99% accuracy over 10 whole years. 

But so as not to seem like a troll or anything, and not sure if it was mentioned.....

The electric order will be increased to 60 buses up from 45. This now allows for Staten Island to get buses which was originally NOT the plan.  

The rollout will begin Charleston, East New York, Grand Avenue, and Kingsbridge. 

The next order will be for up to 500 buses and the expansion will include 8 depots to start. 

First off Congratulations to you on everything.

2nd: You was always accurate on the information and it's good to see you posting again for a bit.  You are a true professional when it comes to this business.

Lastly, this is some good information being relayed.  So it appears that the TA will be going full speed ahead with the electric program since they recently got approval from the NY Power Authority (Correct)?

19 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

First off Congratulations to you on everything.

2nd: You was always accurate on the information and it's good to see you posting again for a bit.  You are a true professional when it comes to this business.

Lastly, this is some good information being relayed.  So it appears that the TA will be going full speed ahead with the electric program since they recently got approval from the NY Power Authority (Correct)?

Thank you and correct! The new approval actually allows for MTA to now change course a bit and install more than 50 new overhead chargers in 4 depots this year. The depots I mentioned in my last post above will start the install in 2022. 

That should tell yall a WHOLE lot about the next electric order if you read between the lines. This ALSO includes replacement of the overhead charger at Williamsburg Bridge..... 

Edited by East New York

1 hour ago, East New York said:

Thank you and correct! The new approval actually allows for MTA to now change course a bit and install more than 50 new overhead chargers in 4 depots this year. The depots I mentioned in my last post above will start the install in 2022. 

That should tell yall a WHOLE lot about the next electric order if you read between the lines. This ALSO includes replacement of the overhead charger at Williamsburg Bridge..... 

Let me rephrase and clarify that before im attacked. 50 plus overhead chargers will be installed, with the FIRST 4 depots starting this yeah. 

19 hours ago, East New York said:

That's because no one wants to lose their jobs, Transit has been very strict when it comes to information going out.

14 hours ago, East New York said:

Let me rephrase and clarify that before im attacked. 50 plus overhead chargers will be installed, with the FIRST 4 depots starting this yeah. 

Are the 14 XE60's lease buses are does NYCTA own them outright? I'm intrigued as to why they ordered 14 of them to keep if the electric bus lease program hasn't finished yet.