Another r160 tagged

Lol I figured a good idea:

1. They vandalize our subway cars with spray paint and more.

2. We pay to clean the subway cars.

3. We raise the price on spray paint and other vandalizing material.

4. They buy everything and become broke.

5. They vandalize again.

6. We pay more.

7. They pay alot more.

8. They have no money to buy it.

9. WE SAY YAY!

B):):):):):):):):)

:);):tup::tup::tup:

But you and everyone else want to see Corporate Graffiti.Like wrapped up trains with ads from swatch and target.Now that is uuuuuugly!!!!:tdown:

ha :(

ain't that the truth :P

But you and everyone else want to see Corporate Graffiti.Like wrapped up trains with ads from swatch and target.Now that is uuuuuugly!!!!:tdown:
Not that I support those, but at least the companies are PAYING the MTA to put them up and it shouldn't be that hard to take them down.

Spray paint is a different story and the ppl that tag up the trains are COSTING the MTA money to get their shit removed.

Not that I support those, but at least the companies are PAYING the MTA to put them up and it shouldn't be that hard to take them down.

Spray paint is a different story and the ppl that tag up the trains are COSTING the MTA money to get their shit removed.

Yeah and the ads are actually bringing the (MTA) money and perhaps helping with things like keeping fares from going up and service cuts.

I'm all for ads on the train. Unlike graffiti, it's legal. It's not going to f*ck up the trains the way spray paint can and like others said, it brings revenue to the (MTA). What is graffiti gonna do for the (MTA)? Hell, what's it gonna do for you who actually supports this shit? I don't get it.

You know, Most of you are talking about not vandilzing trains, but what if your own home or business or anywhere else gets vandalized? It won't matter, but trains it will matter? I don't get it, that makes NO sense....

Yeah its not nice to vandalize someones own property, it cost money to remove this and etc... But then again you have a nice piece of art painted..

TBH when I see graffiti around, it makes me feel like living in the 70s or 80s, it takes me back in time with this art. But other times I dislike SOME graffiti, like just plain written signatures or codes thats not art.

You know, Most of you are talking about not vandilzing trains, but what if your own home or business or anywhere else gets vandalized? It won't matter, but trains it will matter? I don't get it, that makes NO sense....

Yeah its not nice to vandalize someones own property, it cost money to remove this and etc... But then again you have a nice piece of art painted..

TBH when I see graffiti around, it makes me feel like living in the 70s or 80s, it takes me back in time with this art. But other times I dislike SOME graffiti, like just plain written signatures or codes thats not art.

To the first part of what you said, what makes you think that if people like me doesn't like to see graffiti on the trains that I or others would not care so much if our houses, businesses or cars are vandalized? That makes no sense at all. I don't care how pretty it might look, if I didn't agree to it, then I'm going to be pissed and I'll try to find the people who messed with my stuff and get their asses arrested. Anyone who tries to jack up the trains with spray paint or magic markers should get arrested too.

Seeing how old you are, I see that you did not live to see the subways when they were graffitied all the time. If you did, you would see how nasty the trains looked. There was no kind of "art" rolling around on the trains in 1984 or 1985. I should know because I saw it as a kid. It was just jibber jabber all over the place and it wasn't pretty at all. I've seen pics of trains that had some nice graffiti on them but even then, it wasn't the appropriate place for it. Now if the (MTA) ever approved of this, then this wouldn't be an issue for me, but they didn't then and they don't now so it's wrong. I hope we never relive the 70's and early/mid 80's down there again.

To the first part of what you said, what makes you think that if people like me doesn't like to see graffiti on the trains that I or others would not care so much if our houses, businesses or cars are vandalized? That makes no sense at all. I don't care how pretty it might look, if I didn't agree to it, then I'm going to be pissed and I'll try to find the people who messed with my stuff and get their asses arrested. Anyone who tries to jack up the trains with spray paint or magic markers should get arrested too.

Seeing how old you are, I see that you did not live to see the subways when they were graffitied all the time. If you did, you would see how nasty the trains looked. There was no kind of "art" rolling around on the trains in 1984 or 1985. I should know because I saw it as a kid. It was just jibber jabber all over the place and it wasn't pretty at all. I've seen pics of trains that had some nice graffiti on them but even then, it wasn't the appropriate place for it. Now if the (MTA) ever approved of this, then this wouldn't be an issue for me, but they didn't then and they don't now so it's wrong. I hope we never relive the 70's and early/mid 80's down there again.

Well based on photos/vid ive seen, yes the subway pretty much looked like a dump, many of the trains were rusting up, beaten up, etc. But even if that era is over, that doesn't mean graffiti is over. There are still people who vandalize out there sir, and with a weak police department we have so far, who knows what could be next. Unless the city and the transit can stop this. But thats a loonnnnnnnnngg way.

As for my first question, people are on about trains getting tagged, but how does anyone feel about buildings getting hit with graffiti as well, there I say.

Time to have the MTA get some ad wraps for the 160 and wrap that thing up.

GRAFFTI ON TRAINS IS PATHETIC! YA HEAR ME?

I don't give a shit what it looks like, but to vandalize equipment is a crime. For those of you who like it, do you support the crime of vandalism? HUH SON?

agaaaaaac0m2ol14zg.jpg

Lol I figured a good idea:

1. They vandalize our subway cars with spray paint and more.

2. We pay to clean the subway cars.

3. We raise the price on spray paint and other vandalizing material.

4. They buy everything and become broke.

5. They vandalize again.

6. We pay more.

7. They pay alot more.

8. They have no money to buy it.

9. WE SAY YAY!

:):):):):):):):):)

;);):tup::tup::tup:

:o U Are Absolutly Retarded B)

i too remember how bad it looked in the 80s. And personally, those full wrap ads look bad too. Now since when its not done unlawfully, and its tasteful, Graffiti can be an art. Its falls under the Urban Art category. Now maybe, and i know this would almost never happen, The MTA, to draw in more money, can allow a "Arts for Transit"-type program that, for a price, allow the display of graffiti that could be pre-approved for content and supervised application of the piece to be displayed for a period of time. Does everyone want to see a big red Target logo? No. Does everyone want to see tasteful graffiti? No. But think about a nice piece i saw on a 6 train in the 80s that took up the entire side of a car that was a tropical lagoon at sunset compared to a fully brown wrap for Snickers. Just a thought.

• 9 years later...
On 5/6/2011 at 8:10 AM, pelhamlocal said:

Srry to say:o but i'm down wit it. it adds color to da system and chrome just looks like sh(1)t.

You should be sorry. Sorry for praising something that costs many hours of interruption in service and thousands of dollars of taxpayer money whenever the MTA has to clean one of these vandalized trains. The fact that you think it looks good is offset by the fact that other people think it looks terrible. But the real issue is I should have to pay with my time and money because some dipshit thinks it might be a good idea to leave his artistic mark on public property. If I wanted art, I'd go to an art museum. I want the city to look CLEAN, and I don't want to pay extra to have it cleaned up by self professed "artists".