Questions about NYCT Bus/MTA Bus Training

RTS4Life

22 hours ago, GoGetter123 said:

So I've went fir 10 day training and unfortunately they still disqualified me. My first disqualification was based ona student comment, the instructor told me she didn't see me touching a curb but when the bus dipped into a hole the student said I touched the curb and hence why she failed me. Second time going to drive after forward planning about an obstruction ahead I had stayed in a lane next to the right lane and instructor failed me because I never went back into right lane and merged back. And then on day 10 both instructors failed me because they think I need more experienced driving the bus just because I took my time that day driving. Now my thing Is I saw people qualified not knowing how to secure the bus, I saw people getting qualified on wide turns, I saw people getting qualified by going 10mph throughout the whole road test and so forth. Now there's people who literally had to leave their jobs for these trainings and do their best only to be disqualified on last day because of driving slow. I would never recommend anyone going to work with MTA because it's really who they like. Doesn't surprise me why MTA be getting all these accidents and there's more to come. 

I could have passed on my second day, people were driving funny but hey I just chalked it up to it wasnt my turn. For future drivers i suggest getting the CDL on your own and practice.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic