Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

On my way home...S53 Port Richmond bound

PHOTO_20131111_180710_zpsfa30208e.jpg

I freakin' hate that bus lol. It runs on like a million different streets making mad stops. And the only reason why the S93 is better is because it's a non-stop limited along victory blvd going home (Because almost everyone on the 93 is going to Brooklyn). Edited by E For Erica

I saw something interesting today while waiting for the BxM4 on Madison.  There was a NJ Transit bus with a chick on it in training driving up Madison Avenue on the Upper East Side.  I was wondering what was up with that.  Why have them train in NYC and on the Upper East Side at that?? 

One would assume to give the trainee a wise range of unique conditions to deal with (traffic, street types, etc.), in addition to perhaps a better knowledge of the area should it ever be needed.

But don't take my word for it.

I saw something interesting today while waiting for the BxM4 on Madison. There was a NJ Transit bus with a chick on it in training driving up Madison Avenue on the Upper East Side. I was wondering what was up with that. Why have them train in NYC and on the Upper East Side at that?? :huh:

A service center trip maybe, Cummins and CAT both in the Bx.

Was it an MCI?

They cleaned up the vomit on 4867...running nicely on the B36 right now

You are lucky those XD40's went to brooklyn. I never liked the LFS. They look so dirty with the all the graffiti and scratches all in the interior in the back. I'm so glad that QV and JA both have Orion VII NG's and RTS so the chance of me catching an LFS is slimmer.

You are lucky those XD40's went to brooklyn. I never liked the LFS. They look so dirty with the all the graffiti and scratches all in the interior in the back. I'm so glad that QV and JA both have Orion VII NG's and RTS so the chance of me catching an LFS is slimmer.

I hate the LFS/LFSA with 2 passions.....

I really doubt 8003 is there for maintenance...

About the XD40s...some look brand new...and some...my goshh...look like it went to hell and came back.

They all have amazing sound affects...really broken in...each one has a different sound affect....obviously they all have LBSS though.

I always wondered why the LFS sound different from the Orion 3G's and the XD40's. I thought they all has the same engine and stuff. I know the XD40 and Orion 3G sound very similar.

I saw something interesting today while waiting for the BxM4 on Madison.  There was a NJ Transit bus with a chick on it in training driving up Madison Avenue on the Upper East Side.  I was wondering what was up with that.  Why have them train in NYC and on the Upper East Side at that??  :huh:

1) Because that's where the snobs are!?

2) NJT plans on sending some route to the east side??

3) What Turbo19 said??

^^ Those are my guesses... Lol....

I take it that you didn't care to look/notice what garage this bus was out of......

Anyway, where on the UES was this bus you saw? I remember seeing some of NJT's MCI's on various occasions traveling along 42nd (due eastbound) during the PM rush a couple years back..... Never thought anything of it at the time.....

I always wondered why the LFS sound different from the Orion 3G's and the XD40's. I thought they all has the same engine and stuff. I know the XD40 and Orion 3G sound very similar.

Different manafacturers, therefore buses being built differently, specs, parts, etc.... If that's not it, maybe someone with more knowledge can help. Edited by S78 via Hylan

They are the same powertrain but it's all setup differently. It's like how the 2013 D4500CTs sound different from the XD60s. Everything is setup differently behind there.

They are the same powertrain but it's all setup differently. It's like how the 2013 D4500CTs sound different from the XD60s. Everything is setup differently behind there.

That explains why a LFS with LBSS sounds different from an XD40 with LBSS

Then you have different axles.

Yupp...btw..Did you guys ever hear a 12xx LFSA with a whine? a loud whine?

1) Because that's where the snobs are!?

2) NJT plans on sending some route to the east side??

3) What Turbo19 said??

^^ Those are my guesses... Lol....

I take it that you didn't care to look/notice what garage this bus was out of......

Anyway, where on the UES was this bus you saw? I remember seeing some of NJT's MCI's on various occasions traveling along 42nd (due eastbound) during the PM rush a couple years back..... Never thought anything of it at the time.....

Academy sends their NJT MCIs on charters all the time, and I see them a lot on Amsterdam and that area. But if it's entirely NJT, then I don't know why such a bus would be there.