BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I meant both, interior and exterior. I've ridden buses for a while and yeah they're dirty on the inside with trash laying on the floor (especially the Bx12 SBS).

lol... Well you can't count on the depots to clean their buses when they're new in most cases.  I think they feel like they get a "vacation" from cleaning because they're new and then when they get filthy they'll get a little sprucing up here and there... You think those Bx12s are bad you should see the new ones on the M101/M102/M103... Just dirty from a lack of cleaning... With the amount of traffic those buses have they should get a cleaning daily IMO, this way they would be easier to clean and they would stay cleaner too.  One guy recommended hosing them down (lol) but IMO what the (MTA) should do is buy buses that can be cleaned easier and are durable.  I mean they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per bus and I feel that they could do better and be more responsible w/taxpayer dollars. The older artics have that soft material for the walls and it's filled with dirt.  You can see it from afar.  Those buses I don't even sit on.  I feel like I'm in a germ chamber or something. 

I just realized that I've mainly been walking to most places in the city once I get off of the express bus so the whole filth issue hasn't been a problem for me of late.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno. Basically just spray the seats quickly, easily and get the bus back in service more quickly than a possible seat by seat washing cuz of the fabric covers. I hope they hose the floors.

There are suppose to be 3 or 4 full interior washes done daily per depot. Most of time, depots don't like to hold buses from service.

Really??? What does that consist of?? My uncle said they never clean the buses on the inside... lol Then again this was when he was at 100th street... 

Quite honestly if I worked as an operator I think I would go the extra miie to carry my own cleaning supplies. I'd hate to operate a vehicle with a waft of urine, fecal, and other odorous matter.

Dunno. Basically just spray the seats quickly, easily and get the bus back in service more quickly than a possible seat by seat washing cuz of the fabric covers. I hope they hose the floors.

I believe depots do this...i know Ulmer Park does this...because when i rode a Orion VII 3G 7045 on the B1 in Jun of 2012, i got on at the first stop, and the bus was fully clean washed inside, and the water was drying up on the seats, some was a little damp but it dried up with the A/C. 

I believe depots do this...i know Ulmer Park does this...because when i rode a Orion VII 3G 7045 on the B1 in Jun of 2012, i got on at the first stop, and the bus was fully clean washed inside, and the water was drying up on the seats, some was a little damp but it dried up with the A/C. 

LOL... I just hope that was indeed water and not some other crazy liquids...

Interesting, seems #4839 is out of service due to an incident according to subchat. Bus was on the B25 on Fulton heading to downtown.

Somehow the side compartment door by the engine opened and got caught on a light pole. The damage is minimal at best (just get a hammer and bang out straight), but people on facebook going apeshit over it.

Here's the picture (not mines btw)...

859445_3785905264924_1311293398_o.jpg

856266_3785763901390_1713071650_o.jpg

Edited by Fresh Pond

Somehow the side compartment door by the engine opened and got caught on a light pole. The damage is minimal at best (just get a hammer and bang out straight), but people on facebook going apeshit over it.

Here's the picture (not mines btw)...

859445_3785905264924_1311293398_o.jpg

856266_3785763901390_1713071650_o.jpg

Probably some kid that pulled the panel open. Those panels, especially that specific one that was damaged, don't just randomly fly open. Not even when the bus hits a bump or takes a sharp turn. Now technically it is the fault of maintenance for leaving that panel unlocked. (Part of every job is to make sure that every compartment panel is closed and locked before we release the bus for service. If there is a panel that doesn't lock, the bus is not suppose to leave the depot until it is repaired) it is the drivers fault as well. He/she should have been paying attention to both mirrors when pulling away from the curb. Like I said, those panels don't open by themselves... Edited by Blitz

Just as I figured... Those new buses will be torn up at East New York... <_<

That's exactly what I said but nobody seems to agree with me. The panel to 4839 probably just swing open, nobody opened it. I'm not trying to say anything but when 4810-39 came in from QV they all had panels flying all over and shit. They came to brooklyn like that, drivers had to use stickers or whatever they could to keep those doors closed. So the door probably swung open when he went into the stop.

That's exactly what I said but nobody seems to agree with me. The panel to 4839 probably just swing open, nobody opened it. I'm not trying to say anything but when 4810-39 came in from QV they all had panels flying all over and shit. They came to brooklyn like that, drivers had to use stickers or whatever they could to keep those doors closed. So the door probably swung open when he went into the stop.

The MTA really has a fine product on their hands with these Xcelsiors. I'm almost willing to forgive the cramped interior and Titanic overhang of the LFS at this point since those things seem to actually be well built and run fine.

Just as I figured... Those new buses will be torn up at East New York...  <_<

Um, it's not like that panel actually broke or fell off....its just bent, that can be fixed....

Also, this could've happened anywhere.

Edited by Cait Sith

With that type of hinge on the panel, its impossible for it to fly open. You actually have to put some effort into opening it...

With that type of hinge on the panel, its impossible for it to fly open. You actually have to put some effort into opening it...

Right, I don't think even the winds made that panel open up the way it did and it wouldn't just swing open on a route like the B25. The only fault is that it was unlocked. How did it open? No one knows.

And again, this could have happened anywhere else in the city in any other depot....but not to some people.....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G via Tapatalk 2