BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

What up with this JFK CNG ordeal?

Well there's a CNG filling station nearby, right? As CNG is apparently cheaper, maybe it would be worth it long term to convert the depot for CNG operations. Then you can order XN60's for West Farms and the JFK routes that the MTA wants to convert to artics.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the 3500s have 'come back' to FR. 3500 and a 351x were on the Q35. There's still a c40lf, but I guess now FR can expect to see some normal levels of hyshits as the JFK lines will plug in their gaps with the CNG buses. So perhaps a matter of time till a NG ends up on the Q35? Pity still no RTSs :(

As for the M35, if it's for the 'asylum' then why not have the yellow (or more appropriately white) buses serve it? Why subject NYCT buses to the abuse? If no one's paying then f'em. No sense in running a shuttle even if the feds are reimbursing the MTA, let someone else deal with it.

Edited by Grand Concourse

As for the M35, if it's for the 'asylum' then why not have the yellow (or more appropriately white) buses serve it? Why subject NYCT buses to the abuse? If no one's paying then f'em. No sense in running a shuttle even if the feds are reimbursing the MTA, let someone else deal with it.

Joel (Azumah) perhaps ?

Don't get me started with him...

Best idea for them would be to contract it out to a private operator of some kind (perhaps Academy could put those LFSs to good use) or to buy a bunch of school buses or something and start directly operating the service.

Lol... that wasn't a serious suggestion....

I think the MTA should remain operating the M35... Period.

Ran out of up votes... lol. But no, at this point if things are that bad with the M35, I'd say screw it and let anyone take the line and deal with those farebeaters.

Thought you couldn't run out of em....

Anyway, I would still keep the M35 around... 

If those psych/health centers themselves wanna run a direct shuttle back & forth b/w Harlem, they could still go ahead & do that... 

The kids (and everyone else) that utilize the route to head over to Icahn shouldn't be punished

Yeah it's still possible to overuse the likes, lol. But I guess the down votes are a different matter, I can still use those.

:sigh: true, sadly. I guess the only other option would be tell the cops wanting to fill their quotas to take a few rides on the M35... with all the cops and TEAs so quick to hand out tickets, why don't they target more obvious farebeating lines like that? Sure would be better than handing out a ticket to a person stretching a leg on another seat in an empty car...

Edited by Grand Concourse

Yeah it's still possible to overuse the likes, lol. But I guess the down votes are a different matter, I can still use those.

:sigh: true, sadly. I guess the only other option would be tell the cops wanting to fill their quotas to take a few rides on the M35... with all the cops and TEAs so quick to hand out tickets, why don't they target more obvious farebeating lines like that? Sure would be better than handing out a ticket to a person stretching a leg on another seat in an empty car...

Chances are, they won't get any actual revenue from the fines, if it's mostly homeless/crazy people on that route.

Guest Charles

Chances are, they won't get any actual revenue from the fines, if it's mostly homeless/crazy people on that route.

And you could tell when an RTS was used on the 35 cause it would smell like sh!t!

Thought you couldn't run out of em....

Anyway, I would still keep the M35 around... 

If those psych/health centers themselves wanna run a direct shuttle back & forth b/w Harlem, they could still go ahead & do that... 

The kids (and everyone else) that utilize the route to head over to Icahn shouldn't be punished

lol... The kids are just as wild and savage like as the homeless/crazies.... Didn't you see that video with them jumping out of the window of that artic??

lol... The kids are just as wild and savage like as the homeless/crazies.... Didn't you see that video with them jumping out of the window of that artic??

That's kids in general. If people aged 11-19 were not allowed on trains and buses, most of the damage and uncleanliness problem of our transit system would be stopped overnight.

Saw back to back artics on the B44 today. Didn't see if both were locals or limited. But must be some serious bunching for both to be behind the other... Mainly hyshits on the Q35 today, so I guess FR are getting JFK's buses to use while JFK borrows the CNG buses, I guess it makes sense. It was nice while it lasted.