• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="641254" data-time="1359926469"><p>

The Q38 runs better than the two lines mentioned, even at night.</p></blockquote>

Oh you have no idea how the 38 bunches at rush hour and middays on 20 minute headways.

At least they actually arrive. Some Q41s don't even show up.

I know its only been a month but...

Which is performing better so far? the LFSA or XD60?

Still haven't rode a XD60 yet, and might never ride one :(

Too early to tell....

Speaking of Xcelsiors....someone get the marshmallows!!

Edited by Cait Sith

I just want to say in all my years of riding buses: There is no certain bus type that I hate. I won't deny that I have my favorites, but if I need to reach important destinations, I do not care which type or bus I get nor do I care about the engine/transmission it has. As long as I get to where I go safely, that's what matters to me. 

There are too many members on this forum that dislike buses and/or trains for illogical reasons. Before anyone jumps at me, this statement is NOT directed at anyone. I repeat, not directed at anyone. Good night everyone.

I just want to say in all my years of riding buses: There is no certain bus type that I hate. I won't deny that I have my favorites, but if I need to reach important destinations, I do not care which type or bus I get nor do I care about the engine/transmission it has. As long as I get to where I go safely, that's what matters to me. 

There are too many members on this forum that dislike buses and/or trains for illogical reasons. Before anyone jumps at me, this statement is NOT directed at anyone. I repeat, not directed at anyone. Good night everyone.

Mmmhhhmm........  <_<  <_<

what bus routes are a haven for farebeaters in each borough?

B35, B41, B44, B46, Bx1, Bx2, Bx15, Bx19, M14, Q111, Staten Island lol...

LOL, i agree i see farebeating all the time! 

Every line has HEAVY farebeating except the S44, S51, S55. S62....and maybe little farebeating with S56/57, and S74. Everything esle..pleasee....S40/S46/S48/S53/S54/S78 and the limiteds of S40/46/48 are terrible too. Oh well, no ones doing nothing about it...

Along with any route that passes through Fordham rd lol...

have any of you seen any crazy fare beating to the extreme on the m35? with kids climbing through the window!

video courtesy of our very own dmouse 

Best bus ride ever! Child hood memories for some. I hope they don't complain when the bus fares go up

Christ talk about savages... Where were these people raised that they have to get on and off of the bus through the window?? Are those school trippers or what?? Reminds me of my subway ride this morning... You would think there were no more subways ever coming the way people were running and banging into people.

Christ talk about savages... Where were these people raised that they have to get on and off of the bus through the window?? Are those school trippers or what?? Reminds me of my subway ride this morning... You would think there were no more subways ever coming the way people were running and banging into people.

It's the M35. For long time riders it's self explanatory.

Guest Charles
Best bus ride ever! Child hood memories for some. I hope they don't complain when the bus fares go up

Ha, what fare on the M35...

Look, the M35 is a line for the mentally ill and high school athletes. It's usually not that bad during the day, but when there are meets at Icahn or games on the fields, you've pretty much got all  public HS kids coming from all over the city; what do you expect? 

It's the M35. For long time riders it's self explanatory.

Bullseye -- it's basically the wild west out on the 35.

Look, the M35 is a line for the mentally ill and high school athletes. It's usually not that bad during the day, but when there are meets at Icahn or games on the fields, you've pretty much got all  public HS kids coming from all over the city; what do you expect? 

Sorry for expecting some sort of civil behavior but I know I wouldn't expect this on a city bus.  For what it's worth I never used a school shuttle bus when I was in high school.  I'd rather walk before doing that.... 

Guest Charles
Sorry for expecting some sort of civil behavior but I know I wouldn't expect this on a city bus.  For what it's worth I never used a school shuttle bus when I was in high school.  I'd rather walk before doing that.... 

Yeah, those 35 drivers have to deal with a lot. I wouldn't even put emphasis on the rowdy high schoolers -- what I'd be more worried about are those heading to the psychiatric/homeless centers (and IIRC there are like 3 of them on Ward's).

Yeah, those 35 drivers have to deal with a lot. I wouldn't even put emphasis on the rowdy high schoolers -- what I'd be more worried about are those heading to the psychiatric/homeless centers (and IIRC there are like 3 of them on Ward's).

Mercy... They don't even have shields on those buses I bet... They should only use old artics on those lines to keep them from being destroyed.

And if the residents of Randall's & Ward's Island aren't enough, the atheltes riding out to the fields and tennis center out there are just an added bonus.

Mercy... They don't even have shields on those buses I bet... They should only use old artics on those lines to keep them from being destroyed.

They've actually have more RTS's and NG's out there more than anything. Now I'm sure that route is absolute hell more than ever.

You want to see the mayhem for yourself? Head out to Harlem and watch these fools go at it just for a free ride.

http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/manh/m035cur.pdf

Guest Charles

Unfortunately, they don't. They used to throw RTSs and the 1000 & 1100 series artics on the line, but I've actually seen them put 128x artics only on very rare occasions. I haven't been over there (125/Lex) in quite some time, so I'm not sure if drivers take NGs out on that line.

They've actually have more RTS's and NG's out there more than anything. Now I'm sure that route is absolute hell more than ever.

You want to see the mayhem for yourself? Head out to Harlem and watch these fools go at it just for a free ride.

http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/manh/m035cur.pdf

lol... I think the video was sufficient enough.  I was aggravated enough taking the subway this morning.  I figure one of these days I may actually need it in some emergency to get to Riverdale and I didn't know where the train station was located so I took it this morning after studying Google maps and such.  Was pretty civilized until we got to about 110th street and that's when the savages got on banging and such.  I'm doing it tonight and tomorrow just to get familiar with the whole set up and after that, back to the express bus.  That trip is murder... Three transfers!! Local bus, then the subway, then another transfer and then another transfer after that.  Worse than Staten Island.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8