BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Saw 639 the other day, It just looks so weird to see a C40 with a number from a bus that is still around...

Its funny because I saw 639 and 1305 in the same place yesterday (at different times), @ Main & Roosevelt. 1305 still says 639 on the top of the bus.

So last night I decide to get off at 63 Drive instead of Woodhaven on the (R), what a bad mistake that was. I thought there would be a Q72 there at the bus stop since there was one due at that time, instead it was already all the way down the block... usually that bus is late, not early!

To make it worse once I get down to where my building is, guess what passes on the Q38 -- 9968! I could have gotten off at Woodhaven and waited 2 minutes for a good ride on an Orion V CNG thats about to go... It seems like that bus just keeps getting thrown back and forth between CP routes and the (A) shuttle.

Speaking of the (A) shuttle, do they still run those Orion V CNGs on there? I know there are still running SC buses on FR routes (C40's on the Q52), saw one the other day. I know there are still a few Vs at SC, looks like they aren't retiring 740 & 746 so fast.

It makes me wonder if FR will keep its 3 Orion Vs once the depot reopens, or they will just get sent back to LGA. I just know once the (A) gets restored, to the scrapper goes the rest of the Orion V CNGs and 1305 + 1306.

#7218 from SC is no longer on the roster.

Far Rockaway just got three more Bees:

#105, #141, #144, #149, #157, #163

JFK sent its Bees to Far Rockaway.

College Point (Yes, CP) now has two Bees because according to Trevor, there's a pause in the C40LF order:

#156, #164 from LGA

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

@via g, yes the NG rear section is better suited for standees, but it's pointless since it's like pulling out teeth to force people to walk to the back to stand. That space is better utilized for more seats not to mention the seat widths really needs to be widened. You can barely fit 4 people on a 4 seater. Ideally that's space for 3 people to sit across.

Not a big deal, there's already a 444. i forget which chinese group (mandrin/cantonese),* it sounds like the word death.

=

4p: unless BP requires more hybrids on top of the ex-SC units they probably got (when those were displaced by the c40lf arrivals), then I kinda doubt FR will be keeping them, but with how the A is still down below HB, I guess it's possible they could stay or JFK takes the O5s and sends FR some other hybrid buses.

Well, this will be the 4th bus in the NYC metro area to have #666 within the last 20 years.

-1992 MTA LIBus Orion V CNG.

-1996 NYCTA Orion V diesel

-2006 Bee-lines Orion V diesel

and now

-2013 NYCTA New Flyer C40LF CNG.

LIB had a Orion V CNG bus from 1992?

I thought LIB had

1990-1991 Orion V

1996-1998 Orion V CNG's

1999-2001 Orion V CNG's

2003-2004 Orion V CNG's

For MTA Long Island bus:

-1989-1990 Orion V diesels #579-599

-1991 Orion V diesels #600-655

-1992 Orion V CNGs #656-666

-1996 Orion V CNGs # 100-105, #109-113, #115-117, and #121-141

-1997-1998 Orion V CNGs #142-245, and #270-287

-2000 Orion V CNGs #288-395

-2004 Orion V CNGs #396-462.

Does anyone know how depots fuel their buses?
Ever been to a gas station? It's basically the same way, you pull up and put the pump in and fuel it except with a bus they check & top off fluids, hook up the facile hose to the farebox and take the coins out into a tank. It's pretty cool being on a bus going through the wash..

Ugh the BxM4C is utterly inconvenient. Before they cut reverse peak service, it was more convenient. The first bus to White Plains leaves at 12:00 PM. If there only was at 10:30 AM bus to White Plains. I want to save some money in the morning. Looks like IM going to take MNRR instead. Also why doesn't it go to Trans Center. I need to go to a place near the Trans Center. Instead Im gonna Have to transfer to the 20 bus.

Ugh the BxM4C is utterly inconvenient. Before they cut reverse peak service, it was more convenient. The first bus to White Plains leaves at 12:00 PM. If there only was at 10:30 AM bus to White Plains. I want to save some money in the morning. Looks like IM going to take MNRR instead. Also why doesn't it go to Trans Center. I need to go to a place near the Trans Center. Instead Im gonna Have to transfer to the 20 bus.

If you're still need to transfer to route 20 you should consider using local routes (MTA+Bee Line) the whole way. You could consider a Bronx exprees route to the county line and use Bee-Line the rest of the way.

Just my suggestion.

Ask Westchester County and NYCDOT to hand it over to MTA Bus and call it the BxM5.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202807188220210378870.0004d43a719caafccb0c3&msa=0

Ask Westchester County and NYCDOT to hand it over to MTA Bus and call it the BxM5.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202807188220210378870.0004d43a719caafccb0c3&msa=0

Extend it to North Broadway and then Is better. Although the stupid route operated peak only, it really doesn't help me at all.

Extend it to North Broadway and then Is better. Although the stupid route operated peak only, it really doesn't help me at all.

Anytime I had to go visit clients in Westchester, I'd take the BxM1 or BxM2 to the border then call car service.  Quite frankly taking the MNRR can be a pain if you're not near Grand Central...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Via Garibaldi 8" data-cid="640746" data-time="1359855799"><p>

Anytime I had to go visit clients in Westchester, I'd take the BxM1 or BxM2 to the border then call car service. Quite frankly taking the MNRR can be a pain if you're not near Grand Central...</p></blockquote>

I normally would take the R to the BxM4C to the 20, but I go in the early morning, and I don't like dealing with the (7) . The worse part is all the MCI's are retired. The BxM4C uses Orion V's now. I don't know if they have the puffy seats or not. If its comfy I'll take it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Via Garibaldi 8" data-cid="640746" data-time="1359855799"><p>

Anytime I had to go visit clients in Westchester, I'd take the BxM1 or BxM2 to the border then call car service. Quite frankly taking the MNRR can be a pain if you're not near Grand Central...</p></blockquote>

I normally would take the R to the BxM4C to the 20, but I go in the early morning, and I don't like dealing with the (7) . The worse part is all the MCI's are retired. The BxM4C uses Orion V's now. I don't know if they have the puffy seats or not. If its comfy I'll take it.

The BxM4C uses suburban Orion V's so it's not the worse ride.

Have you considered looking at the BxM3 as it goes into Westchester County?

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202807188220210378870.0004d43a719caafccb0c3&msa=0&ll=41.026244,-73.767743&spn=0.019523,0.038581

There it is.

Also, I did this:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202807188220210378870.0004d43c8f7c1d3747af3&msa=0&ll=40.802895,-73.921766&spn=0.039177,0.077162

BxM15. Last/First stop in The Bronx at Astor and Laconia.

Why? Because why not. Also, I don't see a Bronx Bus ideas thread for some reason.

Edited by Culver

Well Westchester is Westchester, so let Westchester deal with that bus. We have enough budget issues here as it is...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Turbo19" data-cid="640755" data-time="1359856632"><p>

The BxM4C uses suburban Orion V's so it's not the worse ride.<br />

<br />

Have you considered looking at the BxM3 as it goes into Westchester County?</p></blockquote

IMO I would prefer to avoid Yonkers.>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Turbo19" data-cid="640768" data-time="1359857694"><p>

Fair enough. Just suggesting an alternate trip.</p></blockquote>

Its just that Yonkers is out of my travel path. Not because of safety reasons.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Was in Sheepshead Bay today running some errands... God was it cold... Just like the old days by the Bay... Was over by Knapp St and also by Ocean and Voorhies and it was great to see the B4 running. The only one I saw in service today had just a few people on it, but then again it was understandable seeing how cold it was out.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8