• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how depots fuel their buses?

- Bus pulls in

-Shifter or driver pulls it up to fuel station

-then there it get's topped off with diesel & other fluids (fluids like DEF if it uses a Diesel particulate filter) also gets the farebox emptied/vaccumed

- Bus pulls in

-Shifter or driver pulls it up to fuel station

-then there it get's topped off with diesel & other fluids (fluids like DEF if it uses a Diesel particulate filter) also gets the farebox emptied/vaccumed

They use waterless coolant, I presume?

Was noticing that JG's C40s are finally getting side ads, some of those buses now have ads on three out of four sides (the 200s with front ads look ridiculous, though). Also was thinking while on the B35 today I know we're all nostalgic and ish, but these new C40s are just better buses. They don't sound as good, sure, but they're faster, better HVAC, more space inside, more reliable, etc. Usually I'm all about the old fleet, but the new C40s are good buses, especially when you get an op like I did today who knows how to move along (specially around all the double-parked cars and trucks). Still think the B35 Limited is a joke, though...

Second observation, anybody else noticed how low the seats are on the XD40s? I got one on the B25 today, and I'm not even that tall, but it was actually uncomfortable how much my legs had to bend to fit the seat. Ended up moving to the last row just to get a higher seat. Still good buses, though, and a ton of people were commenting to the op how much they liked them. 

Was noticing that JG's C40s are finally getting side ads, some of those buses now have ads on three out of four sides (the 200s with front ads look ridiculous, though). Also was thinking while on the B35 today I know we're all nostalgic and ish, but these new C40s are just better buses. They don't sound as good, sure, but they're faster, better HVAC, more space inside, more reliable, etc. Usually I'm all about the old fleet, but the new C40s are good buses, especially when you get an op like I did today who knows how to move along (specially around all the double-parked cars and trucks). Still think the B35 Limited is a joke, though...

Second observation, anybody else noticed how low the seats are on the XD40s? I got one on the B25 today, and I'm not even that tall, but it was actually uncomfortable how much my legs had to bend to fit the seat. Ended up moving to the last row just to get a higher seat. Still good buses, though, and a ton of people were commenting to the op how much they liked them. 

In a way, the C40LF's are sort of "old school" buses and I mean that in a good way. They look like they're going to last a long time.

In a way, the C40LF's are sort of "old school" buses and I mean that in a good way. They look like they're going to last a long time.

They certainly look like it too, the fact that the MTA got the old-look buses means they're the same design as has been around for close to 20 years. 

6572 is the latest to get the new scheme at ENY.

Eh, damn it....

Where have you been man? Get with the times. B-)

Are the new 2011-13 C40LFs great buses? Yes. Better then the originals? No way.

Are the new 2011-13 C40LFs great buses? Yes. Better then the originals? No way.

Props to that B/O I had on that S78. We passed a Richmond Avenue short-turn, an S79, another Bricktown S78, and caught up to a third S78 at Bricktown itself. I checked the schedule and apparently, the other two were either trippers or late, because we were basically on time for the whole run (matter of fact, I think we still arrived a few minutes late). Part of it was because we picked up a bunch of schoolkids west of Richmond Avenue, which is normally the lightest part of the route.

I mean, they're better in pretty much every measurable way and the 800-900s were pretty much beaten to death, but alright.

6644 back in service at MHV with the new scheme on it.

It's about time they started to get on those buses. I mean they look ok and all, but a majority of those buses look like they went through one hell of a war.

I heard that when you push a back door on a bus...if you pushh too hard the bus brakes will lock? Is that true?

Did anyone ever experience that?

Because these two guys on a packed B1 bus...was in the stairs leaning against the back door and when we were doing about 30_35mph I was scared the bus was going to just stop completely or do somecrazy shytt.