BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

LOL... Is this on local or express and which line/lines?

You've got a point but if the line goes through areas where the folks are filthy AND you have a depot that doesn't clean the buses, it just exacerbates things that much more. It's really amazing to me how dirty SI buses are (both local and express).  Gum all over the place, drinks, food and whole nine yards and now that I have removed myself from using SI buses daily (though still regularly), whenever I do use them, it's incredible how much filth I notice.   <_< 

I'm laughing as I'm typing this, but the issue itself isn't funny at all.... I don't want to make this a SI-bus roast fest but my god, I'm not a germaphobe, but when I get on some of the locals, it makes you wanna hover around the bus like Dhalsim & not touch anything.... Some of the bronx locals are like that too (especially, but not limited to, the GWB routes).... chicken bones, sunflower seeds, soda/beer cans & bottles rolling around the bus, the blue part of the seats in the back look all moldy & shit....

As for where I'm seeing roaches, it's on the locals....the last couple (recent) routes I been on a bus w/ a roach on em were the B35, B61 (last time I took the 61, I got off at court/atlantic & walked, instead of taking it to the last stop [fulton st] because I was sitting in the back of the bus & it was already crowded, so I couldn't switch seats..... there was one baby roach on the window, and I look on the ground & there was a medium sized one... soon as I got off, I sat at the bus shelter, took off both sneakers & my hoody & shook them as a precaution.... Just downright fu**** nasty.....), Q39 (I should've known something was up when I saw the red raid roach bait towards the back of the bus), and the Bx41..... Recent as in the past 2 weeks too..... If you wanna take it back a little further, back in december, I took the Q35 from flatbush/utica to rockaway park, and there was a cockroach by the back doors, upside-down... someone had got off along newport & stepped on it (couldn't see what stop it was).... someone else that got off a couple stops afterwards kicked the flailing roach out the bus (it looked like a deliberate kick).... I was looking at the roach pretty much the whole time ....

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't have any roach stories, but I've taken the S79 to Staten Island plenty of times, and those buses are always filthy on the way back to Brooklyn for some reason.

S79.... They're filthy, period, lol.... no matter in what direction is being traveled....

Damn shame how (and to the extent) riders done dirtied up those 40' SBS' already.....

I'm laughing as I'm typing this, but the issue itself isn't funny at all.... I don't want to make this a SI-bus roast fest but my god, I'm not a germaphobe, but when I get on some of the locals, it makes you wanna hover around the bus like Dhalsim & not touch anything.... Some of the bronx locals are like that too (especially, but not limited to, the GWB routes).... chicken bones, sunflower seeds, soda/beer cans & bottles rolling around the bus, the blue part of the seats in the back look all moldy & shit....

As for where I'm seeing roaches, it's on the locals....the last couple (recent) routes I been on a bus w/ a roach on em were the B35, B61 (last time I took the 61, I got off at court/atlantic & walked, instead of taking it to the last stop [fulton st] because I was sitting in the back of the bus & it was already crowded, so I couldn't switch seats..... there was one baby roach on the window, and I look on the ground & there was a medium sized one... soon as I got off, I sat at the bus shelter, took off both sneakers & my hoody & shook them as a precaution.... Just downright fu**** nasty.....), Q39 (I should've known something was up when I saw the red raid roach bait towards the back of the bus), and the Bx41..... Recent as in the past 2 weeks too..... If you wanna take it back a little further, back in december, I took the Q35 from flatbush/utica to rockaway park, and there was a cockroach by the back doors, upside-down... someone had got off along newport & stepped on it (couldn't see what stop it was).... someone else that got off a couple stops afterwards kicked the flailing roach out the bus (it looked like a deliberate kick).... I was looking at the roach pretty much the whole time ....

LMAO... That's exactly how I feel when I ride the X10 because the back of the bus esp. is just filthy and grimy looking.  I mean I'm sorry but anyone with any sort of standards for hygiene would take an issue with how dirty some of those buses are.  These days with bedbugs and **** going around I don't take any chances.  Last thing I need is to have my apt. infected with that nastiness.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I've seen roaches on buses before, and when it comes to interior cleanliness  I agree with B35. It's all the passengers who don't care about the thing they just paid $2.25 for, but the same passengers who think they have the right to bitch when the fare goes up... smh

I also saw 740, incredibly dirty, but back on the B103 where it belongs.

Eh well I see the dented up buses here and there so it's either they're sh*tty with maintenance or the B/Os are just rough as hell with those buses.  Sounds like a combination of both...

Dented where? Outside? As others and I have repeatedly said: the issue with ENY is the buses looks like shit on the outside, but mechanically their buses are fairly decent. So why you still keep judging them by just the exterior is beyond me.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Threxx" data-cid="638251" data-time="1359413278"><p>

I've seen roaches on buses before, and when it comes to interior cleanliness I agree with B35. It's all the passengers who don't care about the thing they just paid $2.25 for, but the same passengers who think they have the right to bitch when the fare goes up... smh<br />

<br />

I also saw 740, incredibly dirty, but back on the B103 where it belongs.</p></blockquote>

Pretty sure the Woodhavens need it more lol.

anyways most of the C40s are out on the Q52, so you will see probably all Orion's from that depot out on the B103 and B100.

anyways most of the C40s are out on the Q52, so you will see probably all Orion's from that depot out on the B103 and B100.

The C40's can stay out there and let the irresponsible Queens riders destroy them... Seriously, the level of carelessness I've seen out there tops SI...

Dented where? Outside? As others and I have repeatedly said: the issue with ENY is the buses looks like shit on the outside, but mechanically their buses are fairly decent. So why you still keep judging them by just the exterior is beyond me.

LOL... What else did you think I was referring to?? A better question is why do their buses get so dented up to begin with??? There are depots you know that don't have buses all dented up and they look good inside and out.  :lol: 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Threxx" data-cid="638256" data-time="1359413592"><p>

The C40's can stay out there and let the irresponsible Queens riders destroy them... Seriously, the level of carelessness I've seen out there tops SI...</p></blockquote>

Lol and if one day somehow all the C40s are on the B103, and Orions on the Queens routes, I would laugh at that (even harder if they retire all the Orion's while they're last trips were on the Q11 or Q52)

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

LOL... What else did you think I was referring to?? A better question is why do their buses get so dented up to begin with??? There are depots you know that don't have buses all dented up and they look good inside and out.  :lol: 

:sigh: lost cause trying to reason with you, whatever... For the last time, I'm talking about the bus engine running wise. Of course other aspects are bad, but if cosmetics is all you care about.....

Huh? No, B100s and B103s are still mainly C40lfs with maybe some O5s to fill the gaps because of the FR lines borrowing SC buses.

Lol and if one day somehow all the C40s are on the B103, and Orions on the Queens routes, I would laugh at that (even harder if they retire all the Orion's while they're last trips were on the Q11 or Q52)

If not for Sandy, those O5s would probably have ended at CP, so it's not a big deal anymore as those O5s are on borrowed time anyway. C40lfs pretty much dominates the B103. Even with the FR lines, I haven't seen a HEV on the B103 since Sandy hit.

Edited by Grand Concourse

I've been on ENY buses many times, and the ride is excellent. I don't mind if there are a few bumps.

Unlike Gun Hill... 

lol I've never been on a Gun Hill bus... What are their buses like? 

You live right next to... never mind...

Their NG's can barley get up the hills around Inwood, and their O5's are worse. While the ones on SI still run fine, I took one on the Bx28 which had mediocre AC and was even slower than the NG's...

You live right next to... never mind...

Their NG's can barley get up the hills around Inwood, and their O5's are worse. While the ones on SI still run fine, I took one on the Bx28 which had mediocre AC and was even slower than the NG's...

Right next to what? The only local buses from the Bronx that are near me are the Kingsbridge buses.  Riverdale is only served by local buses from Kingsbridge and those buses seem to get up the hills okay I guess from what I see when I'm on the express bus anyway or walking about.

Right next to what? The only local buses from the Bronx that are near me are the Kingsbridge buses.  Riverdale is only served by local buses from Kingsbridge and those buses seem to get up the hills okay I guess from what I see when I'm on the express bus anyway or walking about.

Kingsbridge has good maintenance .. Gun Hill is not much better than Yukon. Frankly, Yukon's poor maintenance doesn't help with the passenger situation on SI...

Kingsbridge has good maintenance .. Gun Hill is not much better than Yukon. Frankly, Yukon's poor maintenance doesn't help with the passenger situation on SI...

I'll take your word on Kingsbridge as I've never used any local buses in Riverdale or in the Bronx so I have no clue.  I will say that they could use a bigger facility though.  I think it's insane that they have so many buses parked out on the street like that. With all of the dead space nearby they should buy some of the property and expand the depot.

If someone's bored enough, I'd like to see anyone's list "ranking" the depots in order of maintenance.....

Quite frankly, it's something I never bothered to think about.....

I think it's insane that they have so many buses parked out on the street like that.

you should see the area around CXXVI depot....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="638138" data-time="1359400153"><p>

<br />

It's about time! What about the entry ramp for the buses from Bay Street?</p></blockquote>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="638138" data-time="1359400153"><p>

<br />

It's about time! What about the entry ramp for the buses from Bay Street?</p></blockquote>

That's open too. They added a small walkway as well.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ciboii22" data-cid="638089" data-time="1359390592"><p>

Umm no, ENY doesn't know how to take care of the XD40's. 4833 is missing paint all over and it is banged up with dents. It did NOT leave QV like that nor Ulmer Park. They were saying they moved everything because of mileage and fleet age, it's probably a political thing & i'm not the only one who thinks that.</p></blockquote>

Oh my mistake so QV and maybe JA should of taken the buses, they know how to fix and clean buses very well, that's why their OG/NG's look and run better then the ones at JFK and LGA. Why did JA take on more 1996 RTS I thought they were suppose to get rid of all their 1996's?

S79.... They're filthy, period, lol.... no matter in what direction is being traveled....

Damn shame how (and to the extent) riders done dirtied up those 40' SBS' already.....

Last time I took one, 8 of the seats in the back where pretty much...well nobody would sit on them.

The ramps have been finished and re-opened at St. George Terminal and people were still waiting in the Taxi Ramp. People just don't know to read signs and notices.

Yeah, I was surprised they were even open. I'm on the S62, expecting to go through that path/street/whatever where the outbound buses come out, and then I see we're going up this nice, big ramp and into Ramp A like it used to. I assume they just finished this weekend, right?

you should see the area around CXXVI depot....

Castleton?

In any case, today I took the (5)-(4)-B35 LTD (walk from Crown Heights) - B70 - B63 - S93

* The B/O said the official route for the detour is Church-NY-Linden, because I saw (what I assumed to be) a local bus on the other side of NY Avenue. He said "They gon' be tight when they realize that this is the right stop". The bus was relatively empty. When I got on, it had like 15 people, and between the people getting on and off, I don't think we carried more than 25 people at a time. I guess he was a little early or something. We passed two locals (one by 39th, and one by I think Flatbush), and traffic wasn't too bad along Church, though of course, it was still relatively slow.

* 20 minute headways during rush hour on the B70? Are they for real? (Another passenger said it's unreliable, which I could believe, which has to suck with the 20 minute headways). The bus actually came on time, but it broke down at Bay Ridge & 4th (the back doors wouldn't lock up, and then when they locked, the bus wouldn't move anyway. A few passengers tried to help by kicking the door from the outside, pulling it from the inside, but eventually, we all just gave up). I wanted to catch the S93 before it went on 30-minute headways, so I asked for a transfer, ran back to the B63, and caught the S93 (now that I think about it, I could've used the transfer on the MetroCard to take the subway, and then used the paper transfer on the S93. Ah well. At best, I would've saved 10 minutes).

I'm still pissed off that they don't have a stop outside the CSI gate. Hopefully enough students ride that they'll protest and have them put a stop in. (I had to walk the extra distance from Willow Road East in the dark with a narrow sidewalk. SMH).