BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

'aye, I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest over which signage works better....

Since you're making an issue out of seeing the super express signage for the first time or whatever, All I wanna know is (and this isn't a question posed at you... more like a general question at/to the MTA), do super expresses on the route exist or not..... Or, are they simply calling these trips that you're explaining as super expresses (which to me would suggest that they've done bastardized what was once the super expresses)

What you're telling me that happens now, and the super expresses as I remember them, are two different things...

Well we know they do towards Midtown and they even simplified the schedule a bit because before to be honest it was rather confusing, but if they are running them to Riverdale, it should be clarified on the schedule.  It does make me wonder why they have towards to Midtown though but not towards Riverdale.  You would think with the amount of them they have in the morning that some would exist back to Riverdale following the same logic...

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we know they do towards Midtown and they even simplified the schedule a bit because before to be honest it was rather confusing, but if they are running them to Riverdale, it should be clarified on the schedule.  It does make me wonder why they have towards to Midtown though but not towards Riverdale.  You would think with the amount of them they have in the morning that some would exist back to Riverdale following the same logic...

Right, that's another thing that's not making sense - The (lack of) reciprocation with these trips during the PM rush...

I don't wanna make it seem like I'm nitpicking, but they really should be a little more accurate w/ what does what on the schedules... I have a bit of a problem w/ that as it pertains to the BM's as well.....

Anyway, I wonder if their logic is actually (stupidly, IMO) that it's not cost effective to have said type of trips (I guess I'll call em super expresses for the sake of discussion) during the PM rush.... I don't have to tell you that BxM1's aren't close to being empty for the return trip....

Edited by B35 via Church

Right, that's another thing that's not making sense - The (lack of) reciprocation with these trips during the PM rush...

I don't wanna make it seem like I'm nitpicking, but they really should be a little more accurate w/ what does what on the schedules... I have a bit of a problem w/ that as it pertains to the BM's as well.....

Anyway, I wonder if their logic is actually (stupidly, IMO) that it's not cost effective to have said type of trips (I guess I'll call em super expresses for the sake of discussion) during the PM rush.... I don't have to tell you that BxM1's aren't close to being empty for the return trip....

I think that is their logic... If the BxM18 wasn't around those BxM1's would be even more crowded and they'd have to run even more BxM1's than they do now and maybe even more BxM2's back to Riverdale and they'd have to provide more service than they want to so it was wise of them to keep the BxM18 since it carries well and continues to grow so far each year.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

So getting off work, I missed that slow ass 9444 on the B62 (the same bus I caught when that 12-9 on the (L) happened a few days ago), and the next bus to come was a B43. Just my luck I get 7615 (haven't been on an Orion 7 in months, frankly I'm not a fan of them). Thought it was gonna be a slow, boring ride (just like the VIIs lol), but this one takes off like there's crack in the tanks and the suspension is (surprisingly) well.

Only problem is that it constantly chokes like there's no tomorrow.

Must be one of those tuned up buses or something. Yeah I always hated the CNG version as they are friggin slow and the ride is bad. I'd rather ride the old c40lfs than the O7 if I had time to kill...

I think that is their logic... If the BxM18 wasn't around those BxM1's would be even more crowded and they'd have to run even more BxM1's than they do now and maybe even more BxM2's back to Riverdale and they'd have to provide more service than they want to so it was wise of them to keep the BxM18 since it carries well and continues to grow so far each year.

Haven't given the point you just made too much thought, but that wouldn't surprise me....

In other words, have the BxM18's existence used as justification for getting rid of the (prior) super express Bxm1's.... Because 5th av is a hop, skip, and a jump away from 3rd (sarcasm aimed at them).... Not to mention there's less 18 service than service on the 1.... smh... This logic is exactly what I'm talking about.... And the MTA apologists wonder why people are critical of their tactics.....

Haven't given the point you just made too much thought, but that wouldn't surprise me....

In other words, have the BxM18's existence used as justification for getting rid of the (prior) super express Bxm1's.... Because 5th av is a hop, skip, and a jump away from 3rd (sarcasm aimed at them).... Not to mention there's less 18 service than service on the 1.... smh... This logic is exactly what I'm talking about.... And the MTA apologists wonder why people are critical of their tactics.....

Well quite frankly from what I see there's enough demand along 5th & Madison for a separate route, albeit during rush hours at least but the argument that could be made is it allows them to examine where the ridership is concentrated and not have to go wild supplying BxM1 service, similar to how they curtailed the X1 service with its variants and also the BxM18 serves different purposes.  Furthermore, I'm kind of surprised that they would have Super Express BxM1's just making stops below 50th seeing where the main bulk of the ridership is on that line now at least, but that ridership could've shifted over to the BxM18 in the first place.  I know a lot of BxM1 "riders" that are really BxM18 riders and just use the BxM1 if the BxM18 isn't running, esp. since the BxM1 is more frequent than the BxM2 in the morning.  In fact thinking about it, the last cut that they made to the BxM1 on Sunday nights, what did they do? Extended the BxM2 to run a bit later, so while it was "a compromise" I think they would like to have an equal balance between the three routes where possible.  If they could run the BxM1 every 30 minutes like they do with the BxM2 most of the day I think they would prefer that to the current set up where sometimes you have BxM1s every 8 minutes.

What happens if an inspector comes on, when the machine was broken? I know they say tell the driver, but would the driver tell the inspector?

That's what's supposed to happen at least in theory, but folks have been fined when the machine was broken and they fought the fine in court.  In those cases, I don't know if the B/O was informed or not.  The (MTA) handles these on a case-by-case basis. The last one I heard of the guy didn't have to pay the fine, but still had to take the day off to appear in court nevertheless.  <_< 

In my experience on the M15, we notified the driver and he made us pay at 116th and waved off the inspectors later down the line.

Huh. When I was on the M34 +SBS+ when the machine broke, the driver didn't make me pay at the next stop. It was at a terminal, so it could be because he saw it was broken. Did the driver hold the bus for you when you paid at the next stop?

Huh. When I was on the M34 +SBS+ when the machine broke, the driver didn't make me pay at the next stop. It was at a terminal, so it could be because he saw it was broken. Did the driver hold the bus for you when you paid at the next stop?

Well he had to have obviously... One of the last times that I used the M15SBS, I took it one stop and there was a Eagle team there waiting when I got off through the front.  A female asked me politely to see my receipt and was patient because I had Whole Foods bags with me and had to big in my jeans' pocket.  

Gleason has some cute B/Os...

Kingsbridge and Casey Stengel also have some cute ones

lol... They're aren't too many cute female B/Os... Most of them look like butches... Gotta be depressing for the male B/Os...  :lol: 

dont you live near Kingsbridge lines?? Try Kingsbridge, and Casey Stengel also. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

LOL, i thought it was only me..and Kingsbridge and Casey Stengel are gorgeous. 

dont you live near Kingsbridge lines?? Try Kingsbridge, and Casey Stengel also. 

I only use the express buses in Riverdale and those are buses out of Yonkers and there's one cute Latina I see on there (Boricua I think)... Otherwise forget it. And Casey Stengel... I never see any female drivers on the Q32.