BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I used to take pictures over there a lot they didn't bother me. He probably said that for the fact that it's near an airport maybe?

I was AT the Central Terminal, so yeah, it's possible. If you take pictures off airport grounds they probably don't bother you since it's the NYPD's problem and not the PA's.

Can't spell Paranoid without PA... I still smh at the photo ban on Path.

Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't say photography wasn't allowed because of that rule (which also applies to AirTrain at JFK and EWR and probably other areas too).

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the general rule. Take your few pics and keep moving. I never stand in the same spot for more than a minute especially near a bus depot. Now if this was at a general bus stop, it's up to you.

If it was a place I wasn't supposed to be, I wouldn't be there for over a minute. But I once stayed at Steinway Street for an hour. I had to go eventually because someone called the cops on me. I ended up getting 30ish videos from that.

If it was a place I wasn't supposed to be, I wouldn't be there for over a minute. But I once stayed at Steinway Street for an hour. I had to go eventually because someone called the cops on me. I ended up getting 30ish videos from that.

My busfanning usually involved planting myself in one spot from anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, maybe even more. I've never been stopped, and actually, when I went on Ditmars and Astoria Blvds by LGA, I did just that. But I did make quick work near the depot.

im not trying to rush it...im not FEENING over it...and im not foaming over it or trolling...its just a simple question

whats with 4899? i mean...someone on here must know about it...it was at Zerega...etc...then nothing happened? im just curious to why its not staying at CAS...

i dont want no smart comments...just a question to answer....i dont want to here no "JUST WAIT AND SEE" please

It probably had to get worked on so they sent it back, what more do you want to know?

If it's not in the depot or Zerega, then it's at the service center.. If it ain't there, its probably back at New Flyer.

it gets here when it gets here

im not trying to rush it...im not FEENING over it...and im not foaming over it or trolling...its just a simple question

whats with 4899? i mean...someone on here must know about it...it was at Zerega...etc...then nothing happened? im just curious to why its not staying at CAS...

i dont want no smart comments...just a question to answer....i dont want to here no "JUST WAIT AND SEE" please

I'd hate to break it to you. If it left perhaps it's getting a... engine swap. Honestly I'd hate to see that happen not only because I prefer Detroit, but moreso I'd hate to see the look on your face.

:huh::o:unsure::( ?

:):D:lol::blink: !

Uhh according to you, didn't you say you saw it? Hmm about 5 times? It's probably away for work... but you did say you saw it. Unless you saw 4898 instead.

Uhh according to you, didn't you say you saw it? Hmm about 5 times? It's probably away for work... but you did say you saw it. Unless you saw 4898 instead.

yeah thats why i said why its not staying at CAS...referring to it already being there...and one day i saw a bus from the distance i thought it was 4899 turned out to be 4889...i was like WOW!

The local Bx12 is still running according to BusTime. Heck, one just started a trip from Pelham Bay heading for Inwood.

EDIT: Other buses that run through my area:

Bx1-Still running B/D, bus came out of 231 in service not too long ago

Bx2-Winding down

Bx3-Still running, bus came out of 238 in service not too long ago

Bx9-Buses from 262 seem to be terminating at 225, so that's probably winding down

Bx12-Still running, bus came out of Pelham Bay not too long ago and the local buses are running the full Bay Plaza-Inwood route

Bx28-Still running, a bus is coming out of Co-op city but is turning at 205 so the wind-down seems to be ramping up there

Bx38-Winding down

Edited by paulrivera

I dont get this one.. Another Bx12 left Bay Plaza for Inwood and a Bx28 from Co-op City to 205th when the depot is right outside of Co-op City...

Isn't BusTime great?

Edit: didnt see the post above me, but that's good. Might as well do the hawk runs too then pull out those buses when it starts to get bad. More natural way to draw down service.

Edited by paulrivera

Not surprised that the buses are completing their run...I think NYCT jumped the gun suspending service this early.

Now, I still don't get the M8 service. Does this mean that weekend service has been restored?

i hate that no one answered your question yet...but for the M8...i think soo...or maybe this is just extra service for the trains...

I dont get this one.. Another Bx12 left Bay Plaza for Inwood and a Bx28 from Co-op City to 205th when the depot is right outside of Co-op City...

Isn't BusTime great?

Edit: didnt see the post above me, but that's good. Might as well do the hawk runs too then pull out those buses when it starts to get bad. More natural way to draw down service.

The haws are technically runs for the next day so I doubt the hawks would be out