BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Today was alright heading to Jamaica.... I missed the 5:58 (am) Q85 LTD.... So I caught one at 6:09, which was late (usually comes at 6:04)... The B/O I had, skipped all the stops along Bedell St (Rochdale Village), although those stops are LTD and Local stops, as well as ALL the stops on Merrick (even the Limited ones)... We still got to Jamaica behind schedule tho. (Got there at 6:38 instead of 6:31).... Now I have taken that run before (one of my two usuals, along with the 5:58 one) and that has never happened before... When I got to Jamaica, it turns out that the run behind us caught up to us (6:15), which means that that run was probably early or something and picked up pax at all the stops we skipped... All in all, it was pretty interesting...

Heading home, the Q85 LTD line (4pm) was of course the longest line in Jamaica Center... 2 RTSes came at the same time, and I just took the 2nd one. Both were pretty packed too... Usual

Edited by Astoria Line

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

826 IS GONEE!!! :(:( *cries...my favorite c40lf...whyy couldnt it be last...i lovedd its sound...oohh whyy :(

How do you know?

You mean with the front ads. None of those gleason buses have side ads. So does Spring creek + College Point. Only West Farms have side ads on their c40LF's.

Umm yes they do have side ads, only some of them but you probably just haven't seen them yet.

I hate the Q35. Sometimes the drivers don't even feel like waiting one extra second to stop and the bus is still stuck in traffic. I'm asking just to open and let me in while you are still stuck. Me getting on won't change the bus being stuck. The buses are 15 min apart, that makes a huge difference unlike the other buses which are like 10 min each. The timetables aren't correct either, I've noticed the buses either leaves 10 or 5 min after the posted times instead of around th quarter hour. There's no consistency other than letting people know there are 4 buses per hour.

You mean with the front ads. None of those gleason buses have side ads. So does Spring creek + College Point. Only West Farms have side ads on their c40LF's.

Only the Bus Time C40s have the side ads on them (talking about Bus Time, obviously)

826 IS GONEE!!! :(:( *cries...my favorite c40lf...whyy couldnt it be last...i lovedd its sound...oohh whyy :(

It was time for it to go...although that was a good one. It whistled every time the engine fans kicked in.

I ended up having a talk with the 43 driver today...

She gave me the whole "I don't want my picture taken yada yada" thing. I ended up explaining to her, that because the LFS windshield is curved (and it's an LFS every day), it reflects the light so the B/O's aren't visible, and that if she somehow ended up in the picture i'd cut her out of it, and she said "mmhhmm" and drove off. The thing is tough, i'm not sure if that's an "mmhhmm, go ahead", or a stereotypical black woman "MMHHMM". So my question is should I continue to film the 43, or should I ask her to clarify? If I keep filming the 43, I might be ok, but on the off chance that i'm not, I look bad, not to mention I just violated their request. But if I ask her, i'm pretty sure the answer's gonna be "No." (on the pure principle that i'm asking her directly)

She gave me the whole "I don't want my picture taken yada yada" thing. I ended up explaining to her, that because the LFS windshield is curved (and it's an LFS every day), it reflects the light so the B/O's aren't visible, and that if she somehow ended up in the picture i'd cut her out of it, and she said "mmhhmm" and drove off. The thing is tough, i'm not sure if that's an "mmhhmm, go ahead", or a stereotypical black woman "MMHHMM". So my question is should I continue to film the 43, or should I ask her to clarify? If I keep filming the 43, I might be ok, but on the off chance that i'm not, I look bad, not to mention I just violated their request. But if I ask her, i'm pretty sure the answer's gonna be "No." (on the pure principle that i'm asking her directly)

Do what you have to do, FILMING isnt illegal. So what, who cares of what people think? I just dont do it anymore because i dont wanna hear peoples mouths sometimes thats all. Just take your pictures & videos.

OOOHHH MYYY GOSHH...soo i just got off the S78...an Orion V....and when i got off through the back door...i pushed it open with my hand on the tape...and the door stayed OPEN!! OPENN!! that was the FIRST EVERRR Orion V i've seen in staten island...since those are the only Orion Vs i ride...to have the back door stay open...the # was 6225...when everyone esle got off...which was about 4 times for my ride...everyone used the handle...and held it open...so i didnt realize it stayed open

lmfaoo all these months i thought Orion Vs door couldnt stay open...so i always asked myself why was there tape...but like 98% of S.I fleet dont work

A you a girl?

OOOHHH MYYY GOSHH...soo i just got off the S78...an Orion V....and when i got off through the back door...i pushed it open with my hand on the tape...and the door stayed OPEN!! OPENN!! that was the FIRST EVERRR Orion V i've seen in staten island...since those are the only Orion Vs i ride...to have the back door stay open...the # was 6225...when everyone esle got off...which was about 4 times for my ride...everyone used the handle...and held it open...so i didnt realize it stayed open

lmfaoo all these months i thought Orion Vs door couldnt stay open...so i always asked myself why was there tape...but like 98% of S.I fleet dont work

Yeah, I've seen it happen a couple of times (sometimes when the S46 was too crowded to board through the front, so the B/O opened up the back door). I think the B/O can put the knob in a certain position to keep the door open.

Yeah, I've seen it happen a couple of times (sometimes when the S46 was too crowded to board through the front, so the B/O opened up the back door). I think the B/O can put the knob in a certain position to keep the door open.

i agree with that too because the NGs on the S78 sometimes the back door doesn't open by itself and i say to myself...ahh WTF...how doesnt it work...but then again the tape is usually half peeled off like on 4448 and 4251(at yukon) so i thought it just broke...but now i think they have something to control it with...so i just stay with the S53 and S52 unless the s52 is slow and s78 is there...