• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

OHMAIGAWD I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

That the Q44 is the only route in Queens with artics, and is the only non-OA depot with artics. (Except 126th)

Actually, now that I think about it WF is the only OA depot with no artics.

I wonder how you felt when the Q113 had artics years back? The only OA depot with no artics is Manhattanville

Whats the rule with passengers asking to get on the bus without paying .. some driving press something on the farebox others just let them on

They do w/e they want... If they let the passenger on, they press F5 on the farebox... In all of my experiences with that situation, the B/O is nice enough to let them on the bus (although the non paying customers IMO shouldn't be allowed on the bus) and then just presses F5

Sorry another question .. When buses go to scrap is anything saved from the bus such as Tires, Rims, Mirrors, Seats Etc...

I think some parts are saved and put in remaining in service buses, not 100% sure....

Sorry another question .. When buses go to scrap is anything saved from the bus such as Tires, Rims, Mirrors, Seats Etc...

First things that go is the farebox...then they cannibalize it for needed parts.

Look at the surburban Orion V CNGs that they converted into regular transit seats. Those seats came out of old TMCs

I just saw MCI 2155 get on the LIE heading westbound from Douglaston Pkwy. Nobody was on the bus except the driver and someone in the front talking to him. There were signs posted around the bus that said "NEEDS ENG CRADLE WORK"

Ah, back to the usual "Please move to the back" stuff on the S96. It's amazing that when the B/O said she wasn't moving, suddenly a ton of space opened up.....

In any case, I walked over the Bayonne Bridge for the first time. It wasn't a particularly pleasant experience with all the cars flying by, and I'm still worried about what those signs about "Hazard Zone" were all about. I thought they were for some work under the bridge (maybe with that project going on where they're jacking up the bridge), but now I'm not so sure. They mentioned something about a lead hazard. Hopefully it's nothing......

In any case, I walked around Bayonne (checked out the waterfront, 8th Street HBLR station, and then walked over to 34th Street for the S89).

Good day yesterday, rode a couple decent buses, 6825 ran pretty good on the B82 to 25h/Haraway, took that from CI Ave ad Kings Highway to Stillwell and Kings. Got 446 on the B4, awesome bus driver who does the Sunday run that gets to Stillwell and Kings around 11:11 or something like that, gave me a lot a good photography tips. Then I took 363 on the B68 -_- dont likt that bus too much but it was alright, went to CI for a while, and took 7045 on the B36 to the Sheepshead Bay (fQ) station, No old C40's :( or Orion 5's on the B100 but good finds none the less, lots of Old Eny RTS's n the B82 and B7 EX: 8974, 8781, 8796 etc. but a good day nne the less.

Gleason's been quick with the ads, seen up to 488 now with the ads slapped on. Real question is if they can do ads on the XD60s, cause by the looks of it they've lost an entire side of advertising, which is gonna run a decent amount of money.

You mean with the front ads. None of those gleason buses have side ads. So does Spring creek + College Point. Only West Farms have side ads on their c40LF's.