• Cait Sith

• B35 via Church

Top Posters In This Topic

3800-3827 at MJQ for M34/M34A +SBS+ they put them to local service

3877-3897 at 126 they transfer back to MHV

M60 is now using artic at 126

4431 still at YUK they are going to CHA

4513 still at CHA needs to go back to GA

3960 at KB, 3961-3962 at CHA, 3963-3964 at CS.

3960-3964 they return back MHV OR FP.

Umm no 3877-97 are still at 126th , 3960-64 are at charleston.

3800-3827 at MJQ for M34/M34A +SBS+ they put them to local service

3877-3897 at 126 they transfer back to MHV

M60 is now using artic at 126

4431 still at YUK they are going to CHA

4513 still at CHA needs to go back to GA

3960 at KB, 3961-3962 at CHA, 3963-3964 at CS.

3960-3964 they return back MHV OR FP.

Umm no 3877-97 are still at 126th , 3960-64 are at Casey Stengel still. . Edited by ciboii22

I have a question: from a mechanical standpoint, are the RTSs garbage?

Supposedly, the Toronto's 1998 models are, and I want to know if this has occurred to any other agencies.

TTC's may be considered garbage only due to thier RTS's being WFD, or wide front door. Nova wouldn't perfect this until later.

It may however be a personal bias, as many TA's in Canada shunned the RTS.

Just a thought: In the 80's/90's we in the US rode RTS's & (Flxible) Metros. In CAN, it was New Looks & Classics.

I don't think that's an error. There are other cities that do it like that, because it gets the point across that the route is (in this case), the Castleton Avenue bus. There was an article on humantransit.org that talked about whether it's more important for the bus to show the destination sign, or the main street it travels on.

So say you lived in Mariners' Harbor and were new to the bus system. If you see the bus flashing "Castleton", then you get the idea that "there's a bus that runs along Castleton Avenue from this neighborhood". (I guess putting "via" would kind of distract you from the part that says Castleton. I dunno.)

But in other words, I don't think it's an error.

Oh yes!!!! It's an error

I seen it on the Q46

Q46 union instead of

Q46 via Union

I was wondering why a bus from Spring Creek depot (running BM2 or 3) had MTA NYCT bus logo instead of MTA Bus...It was 7400 series...

That is strange. That bus was originally an ex-NYBS bus [bronx] and to my knowledge, it never ran on any NYCT routes. Must be an error.

It's an error, 7427 is the bus in question. I saw it today on the BxM8 saying New York City Bus on the sides and back. I've seen at least 7428 from SC since the swap began and that one is still branded with MTA Bus, havent seen the others just yet.

Edited by Cait Sith

It's an error, 7427 is the bus in question. I saw it today on the BxM8 saying New York City Bus on the sides and back. I've seen at least 7428 from SC since the swap began and that one is still branded with MTA Bus, havent seen the others just yet.

7425 is also at Eastchester. Also spotted today in Midtown. it was signed up as a BxM8.

7425 is also at Eastchester. Also spotted today in Midtown. it was signed up as a BxM8.

As did I, damn! LOL! I was close to 42nd when I saw it. 7423 was on the BxM9, missed my pic of that one.

EC has 3 and SC has 3 each. EC with the odd numbers and SC with the even numbers.

TTC's may be considered garbage only due to thier RTS's being WFD, or wide front door. Nova wouldn't perfect this until later.

It may however be a personal bias, as many TA's in Canada shunned the RTS.

Just a thought: In the 80's/90's we in the US rode RTS's & (Flxible) Metros. In CAN, it was New Looks & Classics.

The WFD idea seems correct; the doors are notorious for getting jammed and sometimes, the slightest gust of wind will force them open. At what point did Nova perfect the WFD design?

Apparently, they're also ergonomic disasters, with a very cramped driver's area. And the wheelchair lift at the rear door is also unreliable. What is so different about the MTA's?

7423 ( Eastchester) , 24(SC), 25(EC) 26(SC) 27(EC) 28(SC). But i shot 7424 on the BXM8 Mid August though.

Another rotting/loose subfloor section

Bus 9379

48D672DB-6ABE-415C-BF2F-F0F37E11BC63-472-000000279AB0622F.jpg

92B693C9-39B2-44AF-B56B-32734B757AAA-472-0000002797352513.jpg

Just because u see that scar, doesn't mean the floor is rotting or loose. That line is what happens when depots take on floor repair themselves, but either don't have the proper tools/materials to do the job or have a body man that has never done floor repair before. That looks like when they did the original spot floor repair, they didn't glue it down properly and started peeling back up. So instead of using glue again they just used nails or screws.

Just because u see that scar, doesn't mean the floor is rotting or loose. That line is what happens when depots take on floor repair themselves, but either don't have the proper tools/materials to do the job or have a body man that has never done floor repair before. That looks like when they did the original spot floor repair, they didn't glue it down properly and started peeling back up. So instead of using glue again they just used nails or screws.

Well I saw the crews but the bus was swaying the plywood under the may was visible and rubbing against each other with every turn the driver made.

5093, that bus just sucked... I can't explain it, but the ride wasn't very smooth at all.

I dunno what it is with the MC box of 9614, but I got this bus twice this month and it says I dipped the card in too slow (partially sucking in the card and stopping). It's done it to me twice and one of them cost me a transfer meaning i had to pay another fare.

5093, that bus just sucked... I can't explain it, but the ride wasn't very smooth at all.

I dunno what it is with the MC box of 9614, but I got this bus twice this month and it says I dipped the card in too slow (partially sucking in the card and stopping). It's done it to me twice and one of them cost me a transfer meaning i had to pay another fare.

Its kinda slugish (5093), im not too fond of that one either.